Chapter-16

James and Naina were in the car. Naina was feeling very tired. So she closed her eyes and tried to rest for a while. She was just thinking about Ian's parents. She used to thought that rich people are very materialistic. But when she got to know about Emma and her adoption she understood that kindness has nothing to do with money or power.
She was feeling so happy for Emma that she was blessed with such a wonderful family. Suddenly the car stopped and when she opened her eyes she saw that they had reached the hostal. She thanked James for dropping her and when she was opening the door he called her name.

"Naina..... "

" Yes, James". She replied.

"Well... I want to thank you. You know Ian is my childhood friend. He is very strong but his family is his weakness. So when I got to know about Emma I was so worried that how had he managed alone as his parents are also not here. But when he told me how you stayed there and helped him I was so relieved. So thank you for taking care of my friend". He said with gratitude.

"Please James, don't thank me. I didn't do anything. It's God who helps everyone. And you know what Ian and I are friends now. So it was my duty to help him.And tell me who would not help Emma. She is so sweet". She said with a smile and bid him goodbye.

"Bye Naina see you tomorrow at college." James said with smile.

When she reached her room she saw Shreya was reading a book but as soon as she saw her she closed the book and came to her running. She hugged her and asked if she was ok and how was Emma now.

"Relax Shreya... I am fine let me sit first. "Naina said while sitting on the chair.

"Ohh.... Sorry sorry.. She said and gave  her a glass of water that she gulped in one go. " Now tell me everything". She asked.

Naina told her everything about her day at mall .How Ian and she became friends, Emma's accident and her adoption also.

"Oh... How is she now?" Shreya asked with concern.

"She is fine and will be discharged within 2-3days". Naina told her.

"Ok... She paused for a second." Then she started screaming.
"Oh My God Naina..... First he was your partner and now he has become your friend. I mean the famous and most handsome Ian Knight is your friend now.
Wow... Naina what magic did you do. Such a progress within a week". She said teasing her.

"Ohhhh shut up Shreya. Stop this nonsense. He is just a friend like you. I am here for my studies, to fulfill my dreams. Nothing else matters to me. Did you forget that. Now please if you excuse me I want to sleep". Naina said while laying down.

"Ok, ok.... I get it, you take rest, I am going outside." She said and went out of the room.

Next day Naina went to college. She saw James and other friends so she went to them . They  talked about Emma and her condition. Their class was about to start but she didn't see Ian anywhere. She was also concerned for Emma. So she decided to call him.

"Hello " he said in heavy voice.

"Hello Ian..... I am Naina.... ". She said slowly.

" Oh, hi Naina how are you? " He was surprised to hear her voice.

"I am fine. How are you and how is Emma now.? You didn't come today and I was also worried for Emma so thought I should call you. Is everything all right. " She questioned him.

" Yes everything is fine. Mom and dad also came back yesterday. Emma is doing fine so I came back home last night. Mom and dad are with her. Tomorrow she will be discharged. I was so tired so I skipped the college today." He told her.