Chapter 57 Going to Fucheng

On the tenth day of the twelfth lunar month, Jing Yi invited the shopkeeper Huang of Jixian Pavilion to drink, and discussed some matters very carefully during the dinner.

On the eleventh day of the twelfth lunar month, he summoned the Jinglin family to discuss the matter of going to Fucheng to buy people in the backyard of the Jingjia restaurant in the afternoon. The young men of the two families must also participate. They are all men who will take care of things in the future and cannot be a greenhouse. The flowers in the garden.

Everyone arrived that day, and no one was left behind. Even Xiao Shu snuggled up next to Chu Xia and sat in a chair with him.

Jing Yi mainly spoke. He first talked about his worries about natural disasters. Of course, he didn't want to cause everyone to panic, so he didn't say too much. After all, it's all nothing, and it's just mentioned that buying land and growing grain must be the top priority for future development.

Everyone has no problem with this. They are all born in rural areas, and the concept in their bones cannot be changed. The land is the "lifeblood".

Then, it talked about going to Fucheng to buy some servants.

I was also afraid that the four parents would not bear it and were not used to it, so I focused on talking about the need to buy someone to be affiliated with the store.

I didn't expect them to be well received by buyers. That's right, it's not like the family who recommended themselves to sell themselves can't live on. Both of them are kind people, and buying them back also gave these people a way to survive.

There may be some doubts about the location of the buyer.

"What? Go so far to buy people in Fucheng? Can't you go to the town and county?" Father Jing asked in surprise.

"Xiao Yi, is it because of the snow disaster?"

Father Lin also heard about the disaster victims and the court petition in the Shanhuo store before, and he couldn't stop sighing. When he saw Jing Yi talking about going to Fucheng to buy people, he wondered if it was because of this .

"Yes, in fact, it is not impossible to buy people in towns and counties. But after thinking about it, it is better to go to Fucheng." Jing Yi replied.

He has carefully analyzed the pros and cons. When going to Fucheng to buy disaster victims as slaves, one of them is that there are many choices, unlike towns or county towns, most of them are sold by other prefectures, committed crimes, and owed debts. , The character is not guaranteed.

The second is that the disaster victims will not have too many worries when they leave their hometowns. They can devote themselves to serving the family and avoid having family members and relatives who have bad intentions always come to the door.

Third, I heard that the top leader in Qingzhou won praise from the Holy Master for relocating the victims this time, so he became more concerned about this matter. Whoever bought it would be recorded in the register. He guessed that there should be some benefits such as tax reduction and exemption. .

In the end, the two families decided to go to Fucheng with the convoy of shopkeeper Huang from Jixian Pavilion on the fourteenth day of the twelfth lunar month.

The companions of Jing's family are Mrs. Jing Yi, Jing's father and Jing An, and Lin's family is Lin's father with twins.

It was Jing Yi's suggestion to bring the three young men: "You three, follow me this time to learn more about the world. Since everyone tells me that you don't like reading, I won't force you. From now on, start thinking about it." What can I do in the future!"

The three young men blushed with excitement when they heard that they could go to Fucheng with them, but when the elder brother said it, they all nodded obediently with suppressed joy.

At this time, Daddy Lin said: "Xiaoyi, it's inconvenient to take Chuxia with you. Fucheng is full of people coming and going, as well as victims of disasters. It's very chaotic. Let him stay at home." Daddy Lin knew that

Caiyun must also I'm worried, but she has always doted on Xia Xia, and she's afraid of making Xia Xia worry too much, so it's up to me, the father, to beat the mandarin ducks.

I didn't get married before and didn't find out, but now this couple is really tired, I go wherever you go every day, even going to the toilet and holding hands is not enough! How can we separate for three or five days!

Chu Xia looked at her father with a small face in distress, and then tugged at the corner of Jing Yi's clothes.

His temperament is becoming more and more childish now. When he was not married, he was calm and mature to the outside world. Although he is fine to the outside world now, he is very coquettish to his family, especially Jing Yi.

I'm still used to it.

"Dad, don't worry, I will definitely be able to protect Xia Xia. And Xia Xia is very important. If we choose a woman or a mother, it will be inconvenient for me and Dad. Chu Xia has to come forward." Jing Yi This person is a husband, but he is a qualified worry-relieving flower.

Now that the son-in-law has given the guarantee, Father Lin doesn't say anything more.

In the early morning of the fourteenth day of the twelfth lunar month, the sky in the east was only slightly bright, and the scenery on the road was still unclear.

At the gate of Jixian Pavilion, five carriages were parked at a glance, the first two were pulling people, the last four were pulling goods, and they were accompanied by six tall, mighty, muscular men, who seemed to have some martial arts skills. Makes people feel really safe.

Jing Yi had chatted with shopkeeper Huang before and knew that this was a bodyguard specially hired by the county bodyguard bureau.

Since shopkeeper Huang took root in Fuyang Town, he also took over his father, mother, wife and children.

The distance is not close, the boats and cars are tiring, and I only go back to Fucheng once a year in the twelfth lunar month to report the account and send the silver plus the New Year gift.

Because shopkeeper Huang was dispatched to Fuyang Town, but he was really able to help the master's family, and it was hard for Jing Yi to ask why it was hidden.

But it can be seen that the shopkeeper Huang is sincere to the master's family. Every year, he works hard to prepare the New Year's ceremony, and never perfunctory because the sky is high and the road is far away.

"Brother Huang, we're here. Are you all ready? Do you need my help?" Jing Yi walked through the crowd carrying goods to find shopkeeper Huang after getting off the car, and raised his arms to show his strength.

"Hahahaha, Brother Jing! You young people are more energetic!" He patted Jing Yi's arm, which was also stiff, and looked at his tall and strong body, a little envious.

Then he asked with concern: "Brother, can your car run? Horses that haven't run long distances may not be able to keep up. I still have two idle cars in my backyard. Do you use them first?" Jing Yi cupped his hands and thanked Huang in advance

. The shopkeeper, just returned: "You told me to drink last time. I asked my acquaintances to help me rent two carriages from a carriage dealer. They are all experienced coachmen. The horses are also mature horses that have run long distances. Fast and steady, and also very durable."

Shopkeeper Huang slapped his forehead and said yes again and again, and he was confused after drinking, hahaha.

Afterwards, he told Jing Yi about the itinerary in detail. It must be inconvenient for them to travel a long distance for the first time, so you can come to him if you need anything. You are welcome.

Then they separated, not disturbing Shopkeeper Huang's busy schedule.

"Let's set off now, and we will probably arrive at Fucheng around You hour in the evening. Now that it's the twelfth lunar month, the gates of Fucheng are usually delayed until Xu hour, so I don't worry about it." Jing Yi reported to his two fathers when he came back.

"However, it's dangerous to travel in the dark, so we still mainly hurry and don't stop too much on the way. At noon, we will have a meal at the outskirts of Jixian County, half an hour. Others will stop almost every other hour for everyone's convenience. Ma Xie rested. So, hard work for the two fathers."

"What is this hard work? It's no more rewarding than going to the ground to plant rice seedlings and harvest rice. You're the only kid who is sour, isn't it Brother Lin?"

Father Jing's straight man is the most unbearable thing "I'm sorry, thank you, thank you for your hard work" and other sour words, especially when used on family members, I quickly got goosebumps, and even asked Father Lin, an ally, to run on my son.

"Hahahaha, let's go, Brother Jing, let's get in the carriage and let them take a carriage." The

shrewd Father Lin didn't respond, and excitedly pulled Father Jing into one of the carriages.

Speaking of excitement, who wouldn't be excited, even though Father Lin used to hunt in the mountains and went to the town. But if you want to talk about distant places, you really haven't even been to the county seat, let alone the prefectural city.

Otherwise, the man was a teenager until he died, and now I heard these two middle-aged men chatting in the car in full swing, hahahahaha.

Jing Yi and Chu Xia looked at each other, couldn't help being happy, and called the three younger brothers to get into the car.

These two carriages, each with two horse-drawn carriages, not only are the horses in the prime of life, but the carriages are also rented and strengthened. It is no problem for each of them to accommodate six to eight people.

There are some thin quilts, clothes, dry food and so on in the car, and even a small Tang Pozi for Chu Xia. It's the first time for the whole family to travel far, so it's always good to pay more attention.

After getting into the car, Jing Yi pulled out a thin quilt and put it on Chu Xia's lap, letting him lean on him. The two of them didn't say anything, they just listened to the lively chat of the younger brothers, and they were quite interested.

Gradually, Chu Xia fell asleep. The three little men in the car also consciously lowered their voices.

When he woke up, he learned that he had missed the first rest and would have to wait half an hour for the next one, but he didn't drink much water, so it didn't hurt.

At around 1:00 noon, the team arrived outside Jixian County. Shopkeeper Huang sent someone to tell them that they could get out of the car and stroll around for a warm meal, and they could just come back in half an hour. Don't worry about luggage, someone will watch the car.

When Jing Yi and the others heard it, they were so happy that they could be active.

I asked the two coachmen how to deal with lunch, and learned that they all brought dry food, so they didn't invite them again, and only one of them gave 20 Wen to buy a bowl of hot soup nearby and eat it.

The coachman thanked him again and again.

This kind of employer is too rare. In the past, few employers would ask them how to solve it at lunch, and those who bought them and ate them in the car would avoid them and let them go far away.

Jing Yi took a large family to the commercial street on the outskirts of the county, not daring to waste time, and paying attention to cleanliness and hygiene when going out. So he found a nearby restaurant that had a lot of customers, and most of them were wearing fine cotton robes, and went in.

As soon as I entered, I found out that I was eating mutton soup. After looking at it, I thought it was a bit like the ancient simplified version of mutton steamed buns.

Hey! This is so good, so fragrant!

Mutton is a precious thing now, not to mention that winter is the time to nourish.

Without further ado, I ordered seven bowls of mutton soup, added two catties of braised mutton, ordered four side dishes, and served fifteen steamed buns.

Bowls of steaming mutton soup are on the table. The shopkeeper taught you to break the buns into pieces and put them in the soup to make it more delicious. Then add some homemade dogwood sauce to enhance the spiciness. Stir the beige mutton soup with a spoon. It is particularly appetizing, and it smells delicious!

Everyone couldn't wait to scoop up a spoonful. The finger-sized milky white mutton was paired with a spoon full of pearl-like white buns. One spoonful tasted salty in the fragrance and fresh in the salty. It was so delicious!

Add a piece of stewed mutton with red sauce, drink a sip of mutton soup, and savor it carefully, no, it's so delicious, I don't care about savoring it. Everyone wolfed down a piece of food, adding steamed buns in the middle, and when the meal was finished, the third child kept licking his lips, with endless aftertaste.

Expensive is really expensive, delicious is really delicious!

Without wasting time, Jing Yi got up to pay the bill, and then packed four catties of braised mutton to take away.

Lin's father did not compete with his son-in-law to pay the bill. After getting along for such a long time, he rarely had a chance to win. He can think about it, and he can just use other opportunities to supplement the young couple in the future.