Chapter 43

On the second day of the Lunar New Year, Dayuan Dynasty is also called "Guye Festival" and "Welcome Son-in-law Day".

Mother Jing is going to take the whole family back to her natal home in Xishan Village today.

Father Jing started tidying up early in the morning. Last year he was recuperating from his injuries and failed to go, and his father-in-law came to visit him because of his exhaustion. This year, he was well-prepared. Besides, this is also to save face for the daughter-in-law.

In the tradition of the Dayuan Dynasty, a married man or girl brings her husband and children back to her natal home for New Year greetings. One of the must-have items in the gift list is sweets and snacks.

Letting parents from the natal family share it with relatives and friends who come to pay New Year's greetings means that although they are married, they still miss their family and their parents.

After the big and small bags were packed, the whole family drove the donkey cart to Uncle Jing Yi's house.

Jing's mother's house is in Xishan Village under Fuyang Town, which is also on the side of Fengshan Mountain. It is not far from Jing's house, and it is about the same distance as going to the town.

However, the roads between villages in the countryside are all stepped dirt roads, which are not as smooth as the roads built by the government, so it takes more time.

Today is sunny and there is no wind. Although it snowed two days ago, it is cold now, but everyone is wearing new cotton jackets and they are full of cotton, so they don't feel cold.

Father Jing and Jing Yi walked side by side on the path, leading the donkey cart, and Mother Jing and Xiao Shu were sitting in the cart, and Xiao An was running around the donkey cart, and when they entered Xishan Village, most people would follow Mother Jing along the way. Father Jing said hello, talking and laughing.

Those with sharp eyes, looking at the donkey cart and the things on it, can tell that Mrs. Caiyun's family has recovered and lived well in just one year.

When we arrived in front of Liu's house, grandma, grandpa and uncle were already standing at the door to welcome them.

There are three brothers and sisters in the Liu family. Mother Jing is the youngest daughter, and there are two older brothers. Since the grandchildren started to get married, the Liu family split up a few years ago, and the grandparents lived with Uncle Liu. Uncle Liu's yard is right next to the old house, so it is very convenient to move around in daily life.

The Liu family is nothing more than an ordinary peasant family. They all rely on the ground to plan their food. They can eat enough, but they are not rich.

Jing Yi's grandparents, uncles and uncles are all sensible people, and they take good care of their youngest daughter/sister. Although the two aunts have their own little thoughts, they are not confused about major issues and are kind in nature, so they have always gotten along well.

The year before last, Dong Jing's family had an accident. The next day when the news reached Xishan Village, Jing Yi's grandfather, uncle, and second uncle all hurriedly collected three liang of silver and sent it to the Jing family, and made it clear that they would get medicine for his son-in-law. You don't have to pay back the money.

The first aunt and the second aunt were actually quite unhappy at the time. The money was wasted, and they never got back. But the matter is very important, and it is not easy to talk about it with the parents-in-law.

Mother Jing was holding the money at the time, her eyes filled with tears, she was both moved and uncomfortable. Knowing that her mother's family is living a normal life, these three taels of silver are really squeezed out between teeth.

Therefore, when she returned home on the second day of the new year last year, the attitude of the two sisters-in-law was not as good as before because of the money they gave her. She also understood and didn't take it too seriously.

She knows the wishes of her parents and brothers, and she will repay them in the future.

When the family started to do business this summer and lived a good life, they took the time to send the money back with Father Jing, and bought meat and sugar for their parents and second brother's family.

At that time, the face-changing skills of the two sisters-in-law made Jing's mother laugh at her for several days at home.

"Father! Mother! Big Brother! Happy Chinese New Year! Why did you come out? It's cold and slippery outside. Go back inside."

Seeing her father and mother outside to greet her, Mother Jing's eyes were sour, and she hurriedly helped her mother into the house Walk.

Father Jing saw it, greeted him, and then walked the old man into the courtyard by himself.

The two sisters-in-law also came out of the kitchen to say hello. They saw the Jing family's donkey cart at a glance, and saw Jing Yi and Jing An loading things down with big bags and small bags.

Thinking of what my mother-in-law told me in the morning not to let me ask my little sister about the business, I held back my itching, but no one spoke.

The conversation in the main room was in full swing, and the two aunts in the kitchen were also very busy. Today, the sister-in-law's family gave the grandchildren lucky money, not to mention the cart they brought. The bulging red envelopes should be quite a lot.

They weren't really selfish, profit-seeking and instigating, so they were proud to offer good things to entertain them.

After drinking and eating, it was almost two o'clock in the afternoon, and Jing Yi's family left and went home.

On the way home, Jing's father looked at Jing's mother's red eyes and comforted her: "Don't be sad, our family has a donkey cart now, so it's not very convenient to see parents." "Well, it's okay,

I It's just that today I suddenly found that their hair is more than half gray, and I feel uncomfortable." Jing's mother said with a choked voice.

In ancient times, being a female brother was like this. My own parents were always unable to be filial to others.

After hearing this, Jing Yi felt that it was not a big deal, so he said, "It's not easy, mother, just take grandma and grandpa over and let's take care of them for a while." Although Jing's mother was a little moved when she heard it, she still said:

" That's okay, if you are married, you will bring your parents to your husband's house to enjoy the autumn breeze. Besides, your grandparents will definitely not come because they are afraid of troublesome us." Jing Yi raised his eyebrows: "Mother, you are

filial The most important thing is other people's mouth. Have you eaten rice from other people's house? You can control them more leniently. Kind-hearted people will only think you are filial, and heart-felt gossips, you don't care about them."

Father Jing nodded frequently, and said in agreement: "If you are really worried, we can go to the town after we open the store. For an excuse, we can say that the business is too busy, or that Xiaoan just went to school and is not used to it. Let parents come over for a month to help. Something like that."

Seeing the husband and son trying their best to persuade him, Jing's mother wiped away her tears, cried and laughed, and nodded with restraint. Then he discussed with Father Jing in a low voice, when to pick up his parents.

It is an old rule not to go out to pay New Year's greetings on the third day of the Lunar New Year. And from New Year's Eve to the second day of junior high school, the third day of junior high school happened to take a break.

On the fourth day of the Lunar New Year, the sky is fine and the clouds in the sky seem to be pink. -----Jing Yi language.

Another cart full of bags. The cart in the second year of junior high school was Jing's father's affection for the father-in-law's mother-in-law. Then, today's cart is Jing Yi's affection for the father-in-law (?), even more so.

Even Jing's mother, sometimes because Jing Yi is too kind to Chu Xia, gets angry with Jing's father, a straight man.

Yes, he was angry with Jing's father, who made him a straight man who couldn't speak nice words or hurt others. She knows that there is a wrong and a debt, and this matter cannot be blamed on the young couple.

Because they are close, and the two families often walk around, there is no need to go too early.

Dayang slowly climbed up, and the Jing family had just driven the donkey cart into Wangjiazhuang, when they saw a small courtyard on the side of the village next to the main road surrounded by many people, the bustling people should be doing business.

"Xia Xia!"

Jing Yi saw the outstanding Chu Xia at a glance among the group of people who were all similar in appearance, and shouted loudly, unable to control his excitement.

With such an affectionate address and a voice that makes people miss their hearts, Chu Xia immediately looked over, and it really was Jing Yi and the others.

Seeing Jing Yi waving his hands and grinning at him not far away, he trotted over with a blushing face.

"Uncle, Auntie, you are here, Happy Chinese New Year!"

She blushed very prettyly, her eyes were watery with shame, and her face was still pretending to be calm.

In my heart, I complained sweetly to Jing Yi, the married couple can't call such intimate names so loudly, it's so embarrassing!

"Hey, Xia Xia Happy New Year, are you shopping?" Mother Jing looked at him lovingly.

"Well, I'm here to buy a plate of tofu. There are too many people, and they are queuing up. You and uncle, go home quickly, my father is waiting for you." Chu Xia hurriedly asked Jing's father and mother to go home first, and he did not buy tofu. I went back.

"Okay, let's go home first, let Xiaoyi accompany you to buy tofu. The tofu is heavy, let him hold it later." Really unable to bear the eager eyes of the debt collector next to him, Mother Jing quickly handed him a talk.

"No problem! Don't worry, mother!"

Chu Xia watched the Jing family's donkey cart slowly heading towards the village, and then brought Jing Yi back to the tofu seller.

Facing the teasing and gossiping eyes of the villagers, I calmly lined up again to buy tofu, with red ears and rouge.

"Chu Xia, this is the young gentleman of the Jing family, he is really a good match."

This is a kind-hearted lady who is enthusiastic and chatty. Seeing this talented and handsome unmarried young couple feel at ease, and they will not give up joking. .

"You're not married yet, so you're right, you're really young."

There's no lack of picky people here, a woman with a three-eyed eye expresses her affection, but she secretly accuses her of not being ignorant of the rules. , no etiquette.

Jing Yi didn't give the second person a look, and just chatted with the first aunt with a smile: "Yes, aunt, my name is Jing Yi, you can call me Xiao Yi." Then he explained unintentionally

: "My parents and I came to visit Uncle Lin today. It happened that my mother saw that Xia Xia wanted to buy tofu. She thought it was too heavy and asked me to take it back for Xia Xia." "Oh, we got a good

marriage in early summer. Not only is Xiao Yi tall and handsome, but it sounds like my parents-in-law are the most kind people." The aunt praised her loudly, but it seemed that she couldn't see those three hanging eyes, and she even glanced at her from time to time.

"That's right, this mother-in-law who loves her daughter-in-law will definitely be rewarded in the future." Another husband who has a good relationship with Mrs. Mian Shan also chimed in. Who doesn't know how many daughter-in-laws this three-eyed man spends at home every day.

"Hmph! You all know what a fart, if you don't teach me a lesson, you will all come back to you in the future." San Diaoyan saw that the challenge would not work, but instead caused a group battle, and hurried away with the tofu.

After that, no one would say anything annoying. Those who celebrate the New Year will not find it boring, they will say some auspicious words about the New Year, and gossip about Jing Yi, but they just ask about Jing Yi's family situation.

Later, when the enthusiastic one heard that Jing Yi had a male younger brother who was eleven years old this year, they all started booing, and wanted to help make a kiss. You talked to each other, and in a short while, he matched Xiaoan with more than ten girls and brothers. Son.

Jing Yi was so scared that he hurriedly carried a plate of tofu and fled the "battlefield" with Chu Xia.