Chapter 37

On the second day after returning to the village, I still didn't have to sleep late, because today the family is going to the Baicun Daji in Xiaoxin Village.

Xiaoxin Village is the largest and wealthiest village in Fuyang Town because it has a Juren, and its location is relatively advantageous. It is relatively central in the jurisdiction of Fuyang Town, so the Hundred Villages Fair is basically held in Xiaoxin Village.

Of course, Hundred Villages is just a name, and there must not be a hundred villages participating.

This is a large gathering organized by non-governmental organizations, basically once a month, five days from the 1st to the 5th, and the time will be extended during the Chinese New Year. I heard that this year started from the 22nd of the twelfth lunar month, and it is said that it will last until the beginning of the first month. around six.

It takes about half an hour to go to Daji from Xiwan Village, which is relatively close, and for the Jing family, the town's bazaar is indeed not very new, so it is more interesting to go to Baicun Daji.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Xiaoshu, are you going or not? If you don't, I'll send you to your third uncle's house!" Woke up

early this morning and it happened again. , I don't know who tortured whom. Fortunately, now that Xiaoan is getting older, he doesn't care too much. Every day when the elder brother gets up, he will follow him.

Of course, what's more important is that after he went to the town, he was influenced by what he saw and heard, and he felt that he had grown up, and he didn't want his mother to break into the door directly and wake him up. The little guy who is almost eleven years old wants to save face.

Finally the preparations were finished, everyone got on the donkey cart and sat down, Mother Jing also brought a thin quilt to surround Xiao An and Xiao Shu, it was very cold in the winter morning, the three adults would go for a walk if they were cold, Xiao The child should cover the quilt honestly.

At 8 o'clock in the morning, when we arrived at the Baicun Daji, the place was already full of people.

The cold wind can't stop everyone's enthusiasm for the New Year. In the department store, everyone is choosing supplies for the New Year; the uncles who sell the butcher warmly receive every customer; the aunt who sells vegetables also welcomes the buyers with a smile on her face.

The main task of the Jing family today is to buy New Year's goods, meat, vegetables, rice eggs, Spring Festival couplets, tribute paper money, candy and snacks, etc. There are a lot of things, but Jing's mother knows it well, and the little brother has always been talented in this area.

Due to time constraints and heavy tasks, Jing Yi was assigned to be responsible for purchasing □□Lianfu characters, candy and snacks, etc., and Father Jing and Mother Jing were responsible for the rest.

Mother Jing: "Where are you two? Are you following me and your father, or are you following your eldest brother?"

Jingan Jingshu: "Brother!"

Jingmu: "...I'm starting to dislike mother now, right? Forget it, let's go. , I'm not willing to let you follow me."

The big brother who said in unison almost made Jing's mother angry, although he really didn't want the two young ones to follow them, because the place where the meat and vegetables were sold was very dirty, but the refusal and being rejected There is a gap!

"Hahahaha, let's go! Brother will buy you something fun!" Jing Yi laughed and picked up Xiao Shu with one hand, dragged Xiao An and left.

From a long distance, I can still hear the laughter of the three brothers. Jing's father and Jing's mother smiled at each other, and started shopping side by side.

Jing Yi hugged Xiao Shu and dragged Xiao An to the candy shop along the flow of people. Spring Festival couplets and blessings were hard to get, so they had to be the last to buy.

The crowds are bustling with people, and the goods are dazzling. Many farmers in the countryside have resorted to their good skills and made a lot of sweets and snacks and brought them to the market for sale. Don't worry about not being able to sell them now. Everyone will be willing to part with them during the Chinese New Year. .

Jing Yi chose a relatively large booth, mainly because this one looked the cleanest and hygienic.

First I bought a catty of ordinary maltose, and then I bought a catty of maltose with crushed sesame seeds and crushed peanuts. I just gave the money, and quickly took out two small pieces to my younger brothers. Don't slobber, the eldest brother understands.

There are also fragrant and crunchy honey peanuts, salty melon seeds, strange-flavored broad beans, and thin-skinned walnuts. Whether the family members have nothing to do to eat or entertain guests during the Chinese New Year, they are all the best. Jing Yi bought some of everything.

After seeing this stall, I carried a lot of things in my hands, and I couldn't hold Xiao Shu anymore, so I could only hold him tightly with one hand. There were too many people, so we must not get separated.

Jing Yi is not very worried about Xiao An. The little man will be eleven years old soon. He is very smart and tall. That's too much to think about.

After walking another ten meters, I arrived at the place where I bought pastries. The old rules are, whichever one is clean, I will buy it.

This stall is not small, there are many styles of red, green and green sugar pastries, most of which Jing Yi can't name, but apart from pastries, Jing Yi also saw some selling candied fruit, so he must buy some now.

Chestnut cake, small bean cake, lotus seed cake, pea yellow and other common and delicious Jing Yi bought a catty each.

I also bought some candied fruit, which was expensive and weighed, so I picked two kinds of candied fruit, each weighing a kilo, which were candied jujube and candied longan, which is not common in the north.

Then I remembered that I had to go to pay New Year's greetings during the Chinese New Year. I earned a lot of money this year, and my close relatives must have more gifts, so I spent money to buy a few boxes of snacks, and kept them as gifts or return gifts.

Forget it, the third uncle's house, the aunt's house, the two uncles' house, and of course Chu Xia's house, exactly five boxes.

Father Jing had an accident last fall, so he had no intention of celebrating the New Year at all, but a friend in need is a friend, these close families have money to contribute, and they are able to contribute. Although this was the original body's experience, Jing Yi had already regarded himself as the real son of the Jing family, so he must be grateful.

After satisfying his desire to buy, Jing Yi slapped his head because he bought too much. For a while, Jing's mother nagged about the trivial matter, now that there are so many things, how can I take them back? I haven't bought Spring Festival couplets yet.

In the end, I had to send the things back first, and asked the boss to wrap up the pastries. Jing Yi also specially bought hard oil paper to pack the pastries to prevent them from being crushed.

Both Jing Yi and Jing An had their hands full, and even Xiao Jing Shu asked for help, holding two candied fruit that made him so hungry.

For safety's sake, Xiao Shu was placed between the two of them, and the little guy was freed up to hold onto the corner of the big brother's clothes.

Alas, I knew I would carry a bamboo basket like my father.

Walking slowly all the way, I finally came to the place where the donkey cart was stored, and I saw that my father was guarding here alone.

Jing Yi was very curious: "Father, why are you alone, where's your mother?"

Father Jing: "Hey, I'm buying more and more things, so I'll come back to give them away first, and take a look at them by the way."

Jing Yi: I finally know my shopping desire . Whoever it is.

When Jing Yi put the things they bought in the car, and told Father Jing that there were Spring Festival couplets and so on, Father Jing's expression was really indescribable... Father Jing: "Okay, then go quickly

, I guess your mother will be back soon."

Father Jing waved his hand to tell the elder brother to go quickly, but he turned his head and wanted to leave the two younger ones with him, but he saw that the two were chasing the elder brother away like rabbits. up.

Father Jing: Feng Shui turns around, and the wind of dislike blows from my daughter-in-law to me again.

The area selling Spring Festival couplets is very close to the entrance of Daji, and we walked there in a short while.

This area is the one with the most Chinese New Year atmosphere in the big market. Every booth is bright red. Not only do they sell Spring Festival couplets and blessings, but also red paper and red cloth, firecrackers and lanterns, red window flowers and red headbands, and various children's toys.

In Jingyi's words, this is a must-see place for young people and children.

It is easy to buy Spring Festival couplets with blessing characters. They are all auspicious words. Pick two that are pleasing to the eye, one pair for the gate and one pair for the door of the main room, and then buy some blessing characters and window grilles, and it is almost the same.

In the end, I have to buy another set of firecrackers. This year's 30th night will be lively.

In Xiwan Village, there are not many people who buy firecrackers for setting off. Firecrackers are expensive, and those who are not suitable for eating or drinking are reluctant to buy them. Everyone usually cuts a few pieces of bamboo and burns them on the eve of the New Year's Eve, and they crackle very loudly.

Originally, Jing's mother didn't want to buy it this year. After all, it is considered a luxury. Or father Jing secretly told Jing Yi to buy a hanger when he was out, and both adults and children enjoyed it.

At the stall selling firecrackers, Jing Yi bought a set with one hundred and eight rings, and spent 60 Wen. It's much cheaper than the one with six hundred rings when it opened before, but it can buy several catties of meat, no wonder Mother Jing didn't want to buy it.

"Brother, can I buy a box of throwing cannons?" Jing An asked shyly. Xiao Shu heard it, and looked at Jing Yi with big watery eyes.

"Of course! We, Xiaoan and Xiaoshu, have been helping the family for the past two months, thank you for your hard work!" As he spoke, he paid for five boxes of firecrackers and asked the store to put them together with the firecrackers.

When Jing Yi picked up his things and was about to go back, he saw his two younger brothers staring at the back. Jing Yi followed their gazes and saw a stall selling lanterns.

The owner of the stall is a couple, and that man is still tying up the lanterns at this moment, with a sophisticated and meticulous technique. Not to mention, the red lanterns on this stall are very unique.

There are traditional red lanterns in shape, square ones with patterns painted on them, some made into animals, and gold ingots. Many people gathered around to choose.

Jing Yi pinched Xiao Shu's red cheeks, and said, "Go! Take a look!"

"Yeah!" Xiao An and Xiao Shu shouted happily.