Chapter 56 Laba

Children, children, don't be greedy, after Laba is the new year.

The taste of the new year has become more and more strong. The porridge donation activities in front of Jing's Restaurant and Jing's Hot Pot Restaurant are very prosperous. The queues are already long. I heard that down-and-out households from nearby villages have rushed over after hearing the news.

Looking at the situation, Chu Xia is kind-hearted, so he decides to add two more pots, at least on Laba day, let everyone drink to their heart's content.

Who said that there are no poor families in the town, and many people in the town have no land. If they don't have a regular job, their lives will be worse than those in the village. A large family of more than a dozen people squeezed into two small bungalows can be found everywhere.

In the lobby on the first floor of the hot pot restaurant, there are a few sons sitting there, who are also regular customers. Originally, every time I came, I would go to the private room, but who knew that Mr. Li, who loves beauty, insisted on sitting in the lobby today.

"Brother, let's add three servings of lamb to the table!" shouted a young man with flowers on his head and powder on his face, who was very in tune with Fucheng's trend.

"Okay! Mr. Li!" Jing Feng responded immediately, and then he put three parts of the lamb on the table.

Today, both Jing's restaurants were serving porridge in front of the door, so the lantern stall stopped for a day. Jing Feng was restless, so he asked Brother Yi where he was busy, so he came to help.

The lantern stall has also been in business for almost two years, and both parties have made a lot of money, even with the big sale of Jingfeng.

Jing Yi thought about asking Xiaofeng to find some more craftsmen, so he could open a toy shop in the town, but it would definitely be fine for Xiaofeng to be the shopkeeper.

Of course, he had to read first.

"Hey? Have you heard about it?" Mr. Li said mysteriously, and came to ask me with a look on his face.

"I haven't heard of it." "No, what ah what." "Hurry up and talk about it."

Seeing his expression, the remaining young masters of the same style rushed up to urge him, could it be some erotic anecdote? !

"I heard that the snow disaster in the Central Plains is particularly serious!" Mr. Li whetted his appetite, and even listened to the tables next to him from time to time in the lobby.

"Hi! What did I think? I knew about it a long time ago. My uncle's business doesn't go that way." A young man lost his face.

"That's right, this is nothing new, Li San." The other one was also very disappointed.

Seeing that a few buddies dared to question him, Mr. Li San quickly finished speaking, "Then you don't know yet, the government over there heard that the people's life-saving food and relief funds were corrupted, and their homes and food were gone. Hundreds of thousands of people have escaped and become refugees, and I heard that someone organized nearly ten thousand people to go to the capital to sue the imperial court."

Now everyone is in good spirits, this is big news.

A big brother at the next table said: "It's disgusting! Whether it's a natural disaster or a man-made disaster, we ordinary people are the ones who suffer the most!" Mr. Li's

intention to sit in the lobby today has finally come to light. So this kind of critical topic, it must be fun for everyone to talk together.

He went on to reveal: "I heard that the organizer was Wu Guang, a very smart little businessman. He was afraid of being intercepted by the local government and asked everyone to disperse. Anyway, anyone who has no food and clothes is like a refugee. Attention. We didn't get together until near the capital. But the Holy Majesty is something that ordinary people can see if they want! Guess what?"

Just as he was talking about a critical juncture, he made a fool of himself, which attracted everyone's urging and glaring.

"It is said that Wu Guang was very cautious at the time, and asked everyone to kneel outside the south gate of the capital. He knelt at the head, shouted to the soldiers and generals at the gate, and wrote a ten-thousand-character petition to sue the disaster-stricken areas of the Central Plains. Two prefects of the state and a group of other corrupt officials. It's very lively now. There are so many of them. I don't know how many people listened to the people coming and going at the city gate. The generals didn't dare to make decisions without authorization. It was reflected by the Holy One."

At this time, a scholar in the store who looked quite dignified asked: "Can this be reflected? Officials and officials protect each other!"

Mr. Li nodded and said, "What Xing Juren said is that officials and officials protect each other. But don't forget Well, the generals of the city gate are subordinates of our General Yue. The Yue family is loyal and devoted to serving the country for generations. Moreover, our General Yue does not rub the sand in his eyes, but only obeys the orders of the Holy One. That should not be reflected. If I want to say, it is the luck of this group of people Good."

After hearing this, Jing Yi couldn't help interjecting: "I'm afraid it's not because of luck, but because this Wu Yishi has great wisdom in planning every step of the way. If he can get into the eyes of a saint, I'm afraid it will be a big deal in the future. Mr.

Li looked at Jing Yi with wide eyes, full of admiration: "That's right! Boss Jing really hit the spot. It is said that the Holy One was furious when he heard about this. The two men entered the palace, and sent an imperial envoy eight hundred miles to investigate the matter urgently."

He lowered his voice, "I heard that two troops were sent to follow, and there was also a direct descendant of General Yue."

"In less than two days, the imperial envoy's papers arrived. It is said that wherever they went, people froze to death and starved to death countless times, and even saw tooth marks on the corpses on the side of the road. The snowstorm happened in early November, and the government only started After a few days, I sent people to help the people. Later, seeing that the snow was falling more and more heavily, and I invested too much, I simply let it go. I didn't know what to do, and even lied to others. But if you want to come here, it's almost all in your own pocket."

The sentimental woman and husband in the lobby have tears in their eyes and are filled with righteous indignation.

"Fortunately, our sage is wise. All the officials who committed the crime were brought to the capital. They should be executed and sentenced. None of them were spared. I heard that this matter also involved the harem. The water is deep." Mr. Li did not dare That's too clear.

"It's so fucking wicked! These bastards are devoid of conscience! Then, what happened to Wu Guang and the others? Can the victims who escaped from the disaster go back?" The discussion in the store was full of enthusiasm, and everyone talked to each other

. , want to know the follow-up.

"Wu Guang was exceptionally favored by the sage. I heard that it was because of him that the sage said: 'Businessmen are better than merchants, and scholars are not worthy of scholars'. It is said that the emperor's views on merchants have changed a lot now." "As for

escaping The victims of the disaster, alas, the snow in the two states of the Central Plains cannot be melted now, and reconstruction is very difficult. It is estimated that it will be difficult to go back in a short time. I also heard that many of them have already sold themselves into slavery. There is no way for them to eat. Our state has also come. Not much."

Hearing this, Jing Yi asked, "Oh? We also have them in our state? But it's been a month, and I haven't seen them yet."

One of Mr. Li's deskmates said: "I know this, I heard it's ten days Qianlu came from the south one after another, and went to Qingzhou. The magistrate of our state is kind, and anyone over ten years old who is strong and healthy and wants to support himself will be arranged to open up wasteland in the nearest village. The government first borrowed 200 Wen For money, I gave ten catties of corn. Those who dragged their families or were unable to support themselves could only sell themselves as slaves, and now they are under the supervision of officials."

Jing Yi's heart moved when he heard this, but he didn't show it on his face, and followed with his mouth. A wave of praise for the prefect of Qingzhou.

This snowstorm, other people just listened to it as a new thing, but it made Jing Yi's recently lazy and comfortable state of mind a little more urgent. Reflecting on this year and a half, he went astray. At that time, he thought about being a small Landlords, a variety of grains are guaranteed.

Now, patronizing to do business, encountering natural disasters and man-made disasters, money is useless, whether you can buy it or not is a matter of opinion. Even if you can buy it, there are few examples of buying ten catties of flour with two sacks of banknotes in modern times.

As the old saying goes: When there is food in hand, there is no panic in the heart.

There is also the matter of business registration, although I feel that after Wu Guang's incident this time, the businessman will benefit. But the thousand-year-old scholar, peasant, and business class is not so easy to break.

Coincidentally, with this wave of disaster victims selling themselves as slaves and going to Fucheng to buy people, we solved it together.

In the evening, the East Wing in the backyard of the hot pot restaurant is basically the permanent residence of Jing Yi and Chu Xia in the town now. There are two rooms in total, one is a bedroom and the other is their study.

The couple soak their feet in a basin, which is very warm. But gradually you stepped on me, and I stepped on you and started to make a fuss, just like a child, splashing water all over the place, looking at each other for a while after the fight, and giggling.

After the two of them finished scalding their feet, Chu Xia went to bed first, and the two women in the quilt had already covered the quilt very hot.

He pushed them to the inside, and lay down himself first. Because of the cold, the cover was very tight, and a pair of eyes were exposed outside, blinking.

Jing Yi walked to the bed, although Xia Xia would obediently put on the quilt like this every time after it was cold, Jing Yi would always be cute every time.

"Baby, your humanoid Mrs. Tang is here!" Jing Yi flew into the bed.

Chu Xia automatically rolled into his arms, hugging her husband-in-law, it was so warm!

"Ayi, are you unhappy today? I think you have been in a bad mood since you heard about the snow disaster." In the dead of night, Chu Xia asked about the worries of the whole day.

"No, baby." Jing Yi kissed Chu Xia's forehead and continued: "I just feel a little worried. Today is the snowstorm in the two states of the Central Plains, but natural disasters and man-made disasters, no one knows when it will be tomorrow. I am just thinking, what if it is the turn? We Qingzhou, it's Fuyang Town's turn, now can I protect you, our family, and even relatives and friends."

Jing Yi is not the Holy Mother, he doesn't want to be Wu Guang, and he doesn't want to be responsible for the lives of unrelated people.

But Chu Xia, the Jing family and the Lin family, this is all his own responsibility that he wants to stop. Even if something happened to the villagers of Xiwan Village who got along well, he would definitely help.

"The conclusion is that I can't."

As he spoke, his eyes dimmed a little, but before Chu Xia could comfort him, he recovered by himself, and said to himself, "Although I can't now, I already know the direction of my efforts, trust me." "Well

, I've always believed in you. Besides, I might help you now, let's work hard together!" Chu Xia raised his head under the quilt, now he was no longer afraid of the cool wind blowing around his neck, and looked at Jing Yi stubbornly.

"Of course, thank you for helping me, baby!" Jing Yi took advantage of Chu Xia to raise his head and sniffed at Chu Xia.

"Huh" blushed, two months into the marriage, and Chu Xia was still not used to Jing Yi's sneak attacks from time to time.

Afterwards, Jing Yi told Fu Lang about his recent plans to buy land, people and other things.

The knot in the couple's hearts was also untied, their worries were put down, and they fell asleep hugging each other beautifully.