Chapter 8 The Small Business Is Open

The security management of Qingzhou Prefecture is very good, so there are few bandits and refugees in the various counties and towns under it, even local ruffians are generally under control.

For example, in Fuyang Town, the bazaar at the wharf is firmly controlled by the town's yamen, and local hooligans seldom go this way. The steward here is also a yamen servant and three hired thugs.

"This official, three heroes, this is homemade sour plum soup, which cools off the summer heat and quenches thirst. It's a hard work for you guys in this hot day." Jing Yi said, handing the sour plum soup to the official in official uniform, and then Pass the remaining three cups to the three commoner bunt thugs.

The official who was sent by the county magistrate to do this fat job at the pier naturally has some eyesight. He took the sour plum soup and glanced up and down at Jing Yi.

He saw that Jing Yi's speech was clear, his attitude was neither humble nor overbearing, and his temperament was very good. Although he was dressed in general, he didn't look like a peasant.

Slightly accepting his arrogant attitude, he reluctantly said kindly, "Brother, you are welcome, do you want to set up a stall at the pier market? The stalls selling big things are ten yuan a day, and the stalls selling small gadgets and food are five yuan a day. If Selling food and bringing tables and chairs is ten yuan a day. One knot a day."

Jing Yi listened, just like what he asked before, and quickly took out five yuan and handed it over.

"Thank you, Mr. Guan. We are a food maker, and we will sell you this sour plum soup for you to try out. There are no tables and chairs. If you enjoy eating, just come to my booth, which is the fourth willow tree north of the river. .Then you are busy first, so I won't waste your time." As he said, he cupped his hands and went back to the stall to start doing business.

The official guard looked at his back as he went back, thinking that this man acted properly and spoke comfortably. What was rare was that the official guard's eyes were clear and bright, without flinching at all. He was a man who could do things.

Before he could finish thinking, he was interrupted by the fuss and exclamation of the thugs, "Boss! This tea is sweet and sour, it's so fucking delicious!"

"What kind of tea, people just said it's called sour plum soup, but boss, try it quickly, it really quenches your thirst, and it doesn't feel so hot after drinking it." The officer laughed and scolded when he heard it: "You guys who have settled down, have never drank it

. Good stuff, isn't it." He

took a sip and changed his words instantly: "Hey?

Remind: "But tell you, show me the highlights of the tricks, don't go to this stall to eat and drink casually. That guy doesn't look like a bully." When the thugs heard it, they quickly said: "Look at what you

said Yes, when will we be?"

Jing Yi didn't know, because the official took a high look and saved him some small troubles.

Although these thugs don't eat or drink recklessly, they usually take whatever is delicious and drinkable when they see it. Although the people who set up the stalls feel distressed, they don't dare or feel embarrassed to ask for money.

After Jing Yi came back, the business started, and he shared the work with his father.

He was in charge of yelling, shopping, and collecting money. Father Jing was responsible for serving tea and soup for people. The bowls and bamboo tubes that customers finished drinking could be placed directly in small wooden barrels filled with clean water, and they would be taken out when they were not busy.

Anyway, there is no oil for drinking, so if the conditions are not enough, you can only clean it like this first.

It's around ten o'clock in the morning, and many of the people who come to the wharf market at this moment are bought by restaurants or wealthy families, who specialize in buying seafood, fresh food and fresh products from other prefectures, and there are also a small number of ordinary people who come to the market for fresh products However, the ship owners, cargo merchants, and strong laborers who work as coolies are not done yet.

With a sigh of relief, Jing Yi began to sell souls that are necessary when setting up a stall, "Come, come, have a look! The sweet and sour plum soup to dispel the heat, the sweet and cool mung bean soup, and the fragrant and refreshing herbal tea Soup, let you drink it and think about it!" "It's luck to meet it, and luck to buy it!"

The young man who shouted looked sixteen or seventeen years old, and his two thick black eyebrows were curved because of the smile on his face. It was a pair of deep and clear eyes, and the black and deep pupils seemed to be able to see into people's hearts. Under a tall and beautiful nose, there is a thin lip that can speak well, which can be said to be very handsome.

Although he looks like a farmer in his clothes, his temperament is particularly outstanding, and it is not an exaggeration to say that he stands out from the crowd.

When such a handsome young man appeared in the market and yelled hard, the aunts and grandmothers might be attracted to him.

"Sister, come and take a look. What do you want? We have sour plum soup, mung bean soup and herbal tea." Jing Yi watched as an aunt in her forties walked over with a seven or eight-year-old boy, Greeted quickly.

"My brother's mouth is so sweet. How rich would I be if you were your mother at my age? How do you sell your herbal tea and mung bean soup? What kind of sour plum soup is it?" asked the aunt, almost grinning. The back of the head is gone.

"Sister, this herbal tea costs a penny a bowl. The wild tea we picked in the mountains is fragrant. A bowl of mung bean soup costs two pennies a bowl. This mung bean soup is boiled in place. It took a lot of firewood, and there is sugar in it. It's sizzling, and it relieves the heat."

Jing Yi saw that the aunt was dressed like a townsman, she and the little man were both brightly colored fine cotton clothes, and the clothes were still 90% new, so he solemnly recommended sour plum soup.

"This is the main soup of our Jingjia stall - sour plum soup, five cents a bowl."

While speaking, regardless of the aunt's expression of being too expensive, she persistently beat a spoonful with a big iron spoon and let the aunt see, "Look at this soup, which is crystal clear and tastes sweet and sour. It's cool and refreshing. It's too hot this day, and the little man's forehead is sweating. The most important thing about our sour plum soup is that it can cool off the heat. It clears the heart and quenches thirst. After drinking it, you will feel refreshed. If you don't have an appetite in summer Jia, drink it and keep it for an extra bowl of rice." As he spoke, a circle of people gathered around Jingyi's stall to listen to his work in vain.

"Young man, I smell good, but your bowl of soup is too expensive, and a bowl of plain noodles is only eight yuan if you walk two steps forward." The old man looked at his staring eyes at the sour plum soup again, a little moved, but still too expensive.

"Vegetarian noodles are delicious and filling. It's worth it, but my sour plum soup is not bad. I put seven or eight kinds of ingredients here, and three of them are medicinal ingredients. After five or six processes, it took a total of two hours to cook it. The pot of sour plum soup made. It also has the effects of promoting body fluid to quench thirst, calming the liver and reducing fire, promoting digestion of the spleen and stomach, and nourishing the liver. Do you think it is worth it?"

Jing Yi finally decided to give it a push, "Well, I will give it to this little man Put some in a bowl and let him try it for free. If you think it's good, you can buy it again. But folks, it's a small business, and we won't provide free samples in the future. I'm sorry, everyone.

" "The aunt felt that she had more face, so she tried the only one.

Speaking of which, Jing Yi was not stingy, scooped up about half a bowl and handed it to the aunt, indicating that both the young man and the aunt should try it.

The aunt handed it to the little man and signaled him to drink it first, who knows that just after taking the first sip, the baby's eyes lit up, and he drank half a bowl in one gulp, but in the end, he still remembered to save it for Grandma, saying " Grandma, grandma, drink it! I'm not even hot anymore! Drink it quickly!"

"Okay, we are so good, grandma, try it." After taking it, the auntie took a sip and found that it was really delicious. , sour and sweet but not greasy, take a sip and feel the coolness in your heart.

"Brother, give me a bowl of sour plum soup and a bowl of mung bean soup to try." He took out money from the purse and handed it to Jing Yi.

Jing Yi took it and counted the money, and after receiving it in the money box, he asked Father Jing to serve the soup. Father Jing was very worried at first, with ups and downs in his mood. Seeing that it was sold out, he quickly started his work, filled a bowl of sour plum soup and mung bean soup and handed it to the aunt.

The aunt's buying behavior seemed to inject vitality into the small stall, and everyone came forward to inquire.

Of course, there are some people who are scared away by the price of sour plum soup, but some people still buy it one after another, and the eight bowls they brought are quickly used up and put in a small wooden bucket, waiting to be cleaned.

Father Jing started to use bamboo tubes to hold them. Anyway, there is no difference in capacity, so no one will care about this.

A few more waves of people came, Father Jing saw that there were only six empty bamboo tubes left, and he just returned four to the yamen servants but didn't get them back.

Hurry up to the small wooden bucket to clean it. After washing, the bowl and bamboo tube are enough, but I have to change a bucket of clean water.

First carry it to the river to get the water, and then go to the public well to fetch clean water.

Jing Yi really couldn't get away, selling fresh produce would have to answer all kinds of questions, Father Jing couldn't handle it.

So I had to let Jing's father go. It was a waste of time to go back and forth. Jing Yi could only collect the money and serve the soup by himself, and had to answer various questions from time to time, so he was too busy.

It was noon, and those who went to the market in the morning went home. The shipowners, merchants and strong laborers working at the docks had to go to eat first, and they basically kept their eyes on the stalls selling water as they passed by.

The Jing's stall took a rest. Jing Yi also went to buy two plain noodles and two scallion pancakes for lunch.

Father Jing originally said that he could fill his stomach by buying two steamed buns, but he didn't like to eat this kind of soup.

Jing Yi knew that his father thought it was too expensive, so the two of them ate more than 20 Wen for one lunch, and wanted to save money, thinking that they could eat whatever they wanted, as long as they didn't feel hungry after eating.

Jing Yi coaxed his father first, and went out for a meal today, and we will take it with us starting tomorrow. As for tomorrow, let's talk about it tomorrow.

After lunch, he asked his father to rest on the cart with his eyes closed for a while. Father Jing really worked hard at this hour. He was not tired of serving soup, but was tired of pouring and carrying water.

Taking advantage of the lack of customers at the moment, Jing Yi counted the remaining soups in the three barrels. The mung bean soup was almost left, about one-third of the sour plum soup was left, and more than half of the herbal tea was left.

The mung bean soup is as expected. It takes a lot of effort to make mung bean soup delicious, and it is useless. Most people will not make it easily, let alone add sugar.

But I didn't expect the sour plum soup to sell so well, I still underestimated the consumption power of the townspeople.

Besides, the herbal tea is also the same. I thought the cheapest one should be the best seller, but it turned out to be a slap in the face.

I still underestimated the ancient consumption structure and business environment, even in a small town of Fuyang.

I didn't complete the market research in the town before, but now there are deviations, and there are indeed deficiencies and mistakes.