Chapter 42 Chinese New Year

In Jing's courtyard, Mother Jing's fried goods were short of the last two fried crispy meat and fried potatoes.

These two were requested by Jing Yi alone, Jing's mother had never cooked them before, so be cautious, and they are also new dishes in his restaurant after the Chinese New Year.

Most of the Malatang restaurants mainly focus on vegetarian dishes. This type of cooking determines that most vegetarian dishes will be more delicious and more flavorful. So Jing Yi thought that there was an urgent need to put some greasy meat food on the shelves to satisfy meat eaters and those diners who were not short on money.

The small crispy meat is a dish that is easy to make and enjoyable to eat, and it must be put on the shelves.

Not to mention the fried potato chips, Jing Yi planned to set up a small pot at the door to fry them on the spot, especially when he saw the little chubby guys passing by, he would try his best to fan the wind and yell, not afraid that they would not come to buy them.

At five o'clock in the evening, the village became lively, and every family's New Year's Eve dinner began. There was a faint sound of crackling firecrackers, and some people paid attention to ordering firecrackers before the reunion dinner. More are the childish laughter of children, and the feast of words and laughter of men and women.

Mother Jing took the whole family busy talking all day, just for this reunion dinner.

Xiao An and Xiao Shu couldn't wait a long time ago. They shuttled back and forth between the main room and the kitchen, busy serving dishes and stealing food, thinking that others hadn't noticed.

After everything is ready, the table is filled with sumptuous New Year's dishes, and the whole family reunite, sitting around the table, talking, laughing, and having a noisy reunion dinner together, the fulfillment of the heart is indescribable.

Especially this year, the Jing family can be regarded as having all the bad luck and everything goes well, so they are very happy and grateful.

Mother Jing prepared this meal in a particularly grand manner. Braised pork ribs in brown sauce, braised chicken with mushrooms, braised carp in sauce, fried meatballs, fried small yellow croaker, tofu with cabbage, dried beans and dried beans, and even the two dishes brought by the Luo family. Put it on the table, let everyone taste the taste together.

Jing's mother usually cooks at a mediocre level, mainly because she doesn't pay much attention to seasoning. When cooking good things for her, the taste will always be bland because she doesn't want to bear oil, salt, or vinegar.

But for the New Year's meal, it can be seen that Jing's mother has invested a lot of money, and strives to have the color, fragrance and taste within her own ability, and it is extremely rich.

So much so that Xiao Jingshu thought about which dish to eat first when he started the meal, and was very entangled. It was the elder brother who put chopsticks and pork ribs in his bowl to solve his sweet trouble.

It took a long time to eat this meal. After eating, the oil lamp was lit, and then one oil lamp became two. The three adults poured wine and drank while drinking, and chatting about what will happen next year in the shop. business.

The two little guys finished their meal early, but they had no place to go when it was dark, so they just nestled beside the eldest brother and listened to the adults chatting. I understand it myself.

When it was around eight o'clock in the evening, it was too cold to sit in the main room, so everyone simply cleared the table and moved their positions.

The hot pit was already on fire, and firewood was added again, not to mention how hot it was.

Mother Jing sent the two little guys to sit on the pit for a while, father Jing, mother Jing and Jing Yi took the pit table and continued to drink hot tea on the pit and continue chatting and watching the year.

At around 11:30 at night, I could already hear the crackling sound of someone's house in the village. It is estimated that the one who couldn't sit still started to light bamboo.

Jing Yi patted the two younger brothers to wake them up, they have to eat dumplings later, so let's wake up first.

Jing's mother and Jing's father went to clean out the dinner bowls and chopsticks and tidy them up neatly, and then started to boil the dumplings under the water.

This dumpling was made by Mother Jing yesterday. After wrapping it, it was placed in the yard directly, covered with a basket, and it was frozen hard after a while, and it would not be bad until the fifteenth day of the first lunar month.

There are two types of fillings for dumplings, one meat and one vegetarian.

Meat stuffing is made of pork and cabbage, and cabbage is homonymous with Baicai, which can be regarded as the most common good wish of ordinary people. Moreover, pork and cabbage stuffing is a traditional Chinese New Year choice, not oily or greasy, juicy and mellow.

The vegetarian stuffing is vegetarian three delicacies, leek eggs and mushrooms. The first thing to pay attention to when eating vegetarian stuffing is to hope that the coming year will be vegetarian and clean, and the family will be harmonious and everything will be prosperous. Su Sanxian also means "Sanyang Kaitai". The most important thing is that the three delicacies bring freshness, fragrance, coolness, smoothness and tenderness to the fullest.

When the dumplings are cooked, they look like small ingots, take them out of the pan. In fact, it wasn't too long since the last meal, but seeing the steaming dumplings, I still couldn't help eating them.

I like to eat sour dipped in vinegar, and I like to eat salty dipped in soy sauce. I eat each one without looking up, one after another.

After eating the dumplings happily, Jing Yi took the two younger brothers to the yard to set off firecrackers.

There are no serious clocks in the countryside, so we can only tell the approximate time. Jing Yi felt that it was almost midnight, so he took the 108-fired firecrackers to the courtyard, holding a lighted wooden root.

"Father, do you come or I come."

For such a ceremonial matter, you still have to ask Father Jing, who is in charge of the house.

"Come on, you're young and fast!" Father Jing didn't give in at all, and instantly gave the power to Jing Yi.

"Success! Everything is ready, Xiao Shu stay away and cover your ears. Mother! Come out and have a look!"

Jing Yi looked around and arranged the whole family in place.

Then hang the firecrackers on the door frame of the courtyard gate, and conveniently put away the red lanterns on both sides, so as not to collapse them.

He took the wooden stick and went forward to light the cannon. After waiting for a while, the sound of firecrackers resounded through the sky and the flames splashed everywhere.

"Crack, crack, crack..." The deafening sound in the yard continued, and the red firecrackers and confetti jumped and fell on the white snow, which was very beautiful.

After one hundred and eight beeps, I heard the neighboring neighbors start to crackle. The sound should be burning bamboo. Sprinkle salt in the burning bamboo joints, and there will be a louder "cracking" sound, and the fire will Also brighter.

In this lively atmosphere, the Jing family paid New Year greetings to each other and said auspicious words.

Then I was really sleepy, my eyelids were drooping, and my brain couldn't hold on to the strike, so they each simply washed and went to sleep.

On the first day of the new year, pray for blessings, pay New Year's greetings, and wear new clothes.

This day is the beginning of the new year. After the whole family gets up in the morning, they all put on new clothes that have been prepared a long time ago.

The new clothes are new cotton and new cotton, and the color and style of the cotton are all chosen by themselves. The underwear inside is also new, as well as new shoes and socks. One set per person, paying attention to the new year and new atmosphere. Both energetic and airy.

Mother Jing reheated the leftover dumplings from yesterday for breakfast. The dumplings left over from New Year's Eve to the first day of the first lunar month are called more than every year.

After the meal, it was time for Xiaoan and Xiaoshu to look forward to the most, New Year greetings to the elders, and the elders gave lucky money to suppress the evil spirits.

The New Year's money is only six pennies and eight pennies, but the children in the village have no money all year round. Many village children even spent all their money in the first month of last year and began to wait for the next year.

"Father and mother, Happy New Year!"

Kneeling on the ground and kneeling on the parents, the three elder brothers knelt on the ground and kowtowed three times. They were all real, and no one cut corners.

"Okay, happy new year, Xiaoyi, Xiaoan and Xiaoshu are happy, safe and healthy in the new year!"

Jing's father and Jing's mother cheerfully helped the three children up, talking about the parents' most sincere wish for their children, that they don't want to be rich and wealthy, just be healthy and happy.

Then everyone took out three red envelopes and gave them to the three children one by one. Although they made money this year, they didn't give much. The red envelopes contained sixteen Wen coins, which was auspicious.

"Hey? I still have more! Hehe, thank you dad! Thank you mother!"

Jing Yi was surprised that he also had it. Not to mention, he felt warm after receiving the red envelope. This was the first time he had received a red envelope from his elders.

Carefully put the two red envelopes given by the parents in his arms and put them away. Jing Yi also gave two away to the younger brothers, "Take it, the elder brother didn't give the red envelopes. This was when the family was doing business last year, and you all worked hard to help with the work." The reward."

Jing Yi put half a tael of silver in each red envelope, and as a junior, the amount of red envelopes must not exceed that of his parents, so he changed the name and gave it to his younger brothers. The reward for work is actually more meaningful.

This is a huge sum of money for the child, and Xiao Shu still has no idea, so Mother Jing helped to put it away, and put it in his own little bag, and decided to strengthen Xiao Shu's money education from this year onwards.

Needless to say Xiao An, the eleven-year-old man already understood the importance of money, he was happy and excited, but he also understood that this money should not be spent carelessly, so he happily received it in his small box.

Under the subtle influence of the eldest brother, the little mind is already thinking about whether money can make money.

Happily finished breakfast and took the New Year's money. Jing Yi went to open the courtyard door, and Jing's mother took out the sweets, peanuts and melon seeds that she had bought before and put them on the table, waiting for the children in the village to come to pay New Year's greetings.

This is a common custom in the village, and whoever has more children indicates that the family's fortune will be better next year.

In this regard, Jing Yi was not worried. The Jing family was very friendly, and they would greet every village child they met on the road, and they would not be stingy with food.

Sure enough, after a while, I heard the noisy and immature voices of children from a distance, like five hundred ducklings running towards here.

Suddenly, a small head poked out from the gate of the courtyard, and then two or three more small figures appeared at the door, and the bold ones already greeted the New Year sweetly: "Uncle Rong, Aunt Rong, Happy New Year! "

After the children came to their senses, they spoke one after another, probably already proficient before they came, and they blurted out auspicious words for New Year's greetings, which made the members of the Jing family unable to keep their mouths shut.

"Hahaha, come in quickly, all the delicious food is in the house!" Father Jing beckoned the little radish squats into the house.

The sun has just risen in mid-air, and the winter sun shines on the body, warm and comfortable.

On the first day of the new year, the village passed by with great vigor and excitement among the New Year greetings to each other.