98

Leo's Pov: 

Leo's Pov: 

"Aria's brother survived." Aiden sourly explained. "All these years. he's been alive and not to mention he's been hiding in the House of Cards." 

Devon carefully watched all three of our faces. "He did now, did he?" 

I said nothing. I remained silent, just watching Devon's movements. I had no idea what to expect from him, if Aria was perhaps the craziest most spontaneous person i'd ever met then I think I'd better be on guard around him. 

"So whats the Kamina's name then?" He asked with a small smile spreading across his face.
(Fuckers) 

I slowly reached behind for my gun, knowing the outcome already. Sure Chase had made mistakes but he was still my Ace that I had to protect. 

"It's him. The so called second Joker of the House of Cards." Aiden maliciously pointed. 

Devon's smile grew, though there was no amusement behind his eyes. Chase said nothing, only looking at Devon, holding his gun a little tighter. 

"So your alive, then? I've seen many walking dead men in my life before, but never one so unlucky before. Your so gonna wish you had stayed dead that day." Devon reached to his side and bought a knife out.

He ran a finger along the blade. "It's a blunt one too." He mused. 

Immediately I moved infront of him and chase. Standing right in between them. 

"You think by killing Aria's brother your going to do her a favour by having to deal with it all over again?" I tried to reason. 

"Never said I'd kill him. He's gonna beg me for that." Devon grinned. 

"I know he's extremely annoying but i'm afraid I need my second Joker for a little more time. I can't let you do that." I shook my head. 

"Then, I must insist. Please do stay. I apologise if a knife does find its way lodged inside you. I did warn you." Devon shrugged his shoulder. 

"If I were you I wouldn't." I warned. 

"Well  its a bloody good thing that your not me isn't it?" He replied back. 

I yanked my gun out of my pocket and aimed it at him. "Maybe. But you will wish it after this." 

And I pulled the trigger. Without warning. 

I blinked as I watched Devon calmly looking back at me. 

There was simply no way. 

There was no way that he had dodged a bullet. 

Yet the clear hole in the wall behind him proved that. Also the fact that he was not keeling over in pain. 

"Nice try." He taunted. "You got a little something on your face though." 

Immediately I reached up to my cheek and as I placed a hand on it, I felt it. Blood. I looked at my fingertips covered in blood and gaped down at it. 

I didn't even know when he had thrown the knife at me. Somewhere between when I'd shown him the gun and then when I pulled the trigger, but I could feel a line across my cheek of blood dripping down. 

He'd grazed me. 

He had grazed me on purpose. If he had wanted then he could have stabbed me right there and then. 

I turned around to see the knife sunk into the wall. 

Well fucking hell. He was skilled. Insanely skilled. 

"It's me that you want. So leave him alone" Chase suddenly spoke up.

"Correct. But I also do not want to hear your voice. So shut the fuck up." Devon retorted. 

"I didn't leave her on purpose. I thought she was dead." Chase explained. 

"She might as well have been dead, you bastard." Devon shot back. "Do you even know anything of the life that you left for her?" 

"I HAD NO IDEA. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT SHE WAS ALIVE. I SAW HER DIE INFRONT OF ME." Chase collapsed onto the ground holding his head into his arms. Breaking down. 

Devon just scoffed at it. 

"Kill me then. Do it. I would much rather you just kill me, it hurts too much." Chase sobbed. 

"She cried for you. Almost every day. She thought the reason you died was because of her." Devon angrily ranted on. 

My heart clenched. 

"I never meant to leave her. I thought she was dead. I truly thought she was." Chase repeated over and over again. 

The door swung open then. Eros Leighton ran inside and headed directly for Aiden. 

"Sir, they have just broken through the second wall. They are all attacking. All snipers have started the firing and from the looks of it the Hyacinths are breaking of into little groups to take us down in teams." He recounted

"What was Aria's plan?" Aiden asked. 

"Miss Aria took them up to higher ground and has begun firing. I'm told she has no other plan." 

I snorted. Of course she didn't have any other plan. That was just so Aria like to do. Charging straight in without having a clue of what to do. 

Then I stopped. 

It also meant the she was almost certainly going to get killed. Fuck. 

Just as I was going to move I was stopped by Eros's words. He placed a hand to his ear and I realised that he had a communication device in his ear. 

"Yes Sunny?" He spoke through. "Sunny, what do you mean lower ground? No Stay where- SUNNY. Stay where you are! I order you! I don't CARE if there is no one else to shoot. Your bit in this is over. Let us handle the rest. Sunny? SUNNY?"

Eros started breathing faster as he muttered into the communication device. 

"What happened." I snapped 

"Something's going on. Their loosing people. I think one of the Hyacinths has managed to get to where the snipers are." He breathed out. 

"Aria." I muttered. 

I didn't think. I sprinted. I ran out of that room. I couldn't hear anything. Let alone know where i was heading. 

Higher ground? Where in this mansion could they have gotten higher ground? Where? I was running like a mad man. Climbing any flight of stairs in my sight. I needed to get to the highest ground there was. 

Please be safe. I willed. I needed her to be safe. She had to be safe. 

Terror flooded through me as I thought of the possibilities. No. No. No. 

Where? Where was this place? In this whole mansion-

The parapet. She has to have to be there. I turned at the corner of the hallway and pushed on forwards towards the stairs. The stair well was blurry in front of me all I had to do was get up them, I didn't care if i needed to see. 

I pushed out the ache in my lungs. I pushed out the pain. Her being safe would heal all that. 

finally I reached the door of the parapet. and I kicked it open and ran straight through. 

Slowing down only when I saw her. 

My heart screamed. Ripping apart.