12

TW: Mentions of abuse. (NOT DETAILED) 

3rd person pov:

It was just the same as before. Nothing had changed.

The same sprawling beautiful mansion filled with more memories then anyone could could imagine. The walls were the same, covered, stained in red tinted blood, that only he could see. 

The circular, 5 tier fountain, in the middle of the elegant driveway stood proudly. On the top of the fountain were the 5 insignias, that symbolised the mafia, Hearts, Spades, Clubs and Diamonds, With the 2 Jokers sitting above. Right on top of all the others, menacingly glaring down and successfully using the other insignias as their foot rests. 

They'd already passed the tall uninviting gates and driven a good 10 minuets to finally reach the house, showing just how large the acres of space was. 

Leo tightened the grip on the steering wheel. He hated the fountain, but even more then that this whole place gave him more hatred then he ever thought was possible. Perhaps it was the lingering presence of his late mother and brother, or perhaps the faint ghostly yells of his dead father that he could already start hearing. 

Memories of them started floating in and out of his head, and he took a shaky breath. 

...

His hands were shaking and blood was trickling down them slowly. He couldn't stop the tears falling freely down his face. 

He'd just shot someone. For the first time. 

The man groaned and clutched his side and propped him self against the circular fountain, he was gasping for air, as if the bullet that he had been shot with was suffocating him. Red pools of liquid leaked out. He was still alive, Thank god.

"S-sarah." he whispered as his eyes gave out.

He was innocent, a young man, barely in his 30's. Maybe he had a home to go to. 

Maybe he had a wife he'd promised to return to, maybe he had kids. Kids that would never know of what had happened to his father. Perhaps they would think he abandoned them or think he just left because they were never enough. They would never, ever, know the truth. 

"Tch, Pathetic."  a low voice murmured 

Leo shiftily glanced up to see his father glaring him down. 

"You are so fucking pathetic, you know that right? Kill him him of, Leo. NOW" 

"B-but F-father you said that all I'd need to do was to just shoot him, not kill! I cant kill anyone. I cant." 

Leo looked up to his father, eyes pleading, begging, he was only 10, he couldn't deal with the heavy guilt of killing someone. 

Leo's father smacked him across the face. Leo staggered and fell. 

"Don't EVER look at me with those pathetic eyes, you will kill him, or I will stop you mothers medicines"  He spat.

Leo's eyes widened. 

"N-no. DONT PLEASE" he begged, his eyes full of fear. 

His father smirked, he knew then that Leo would do anything he wanted him, as long as that bitch was still around, he had him in his hands. He had all of them in his hands. 

"Then kill him." 

"Ok." was all Leo replied 

Leo's head was only full of thoughts of his mother. she was sick and frail and if he didn't kill this man then he knew that his father would cut of the supply to her medicines and she would be in pain greater then anything he could imagine, he couldn't be responsible  for that, if he had to choose his mother or this man, he would choose this man easily. 

His had gripped the metal gun, and because of how hard he gripped it more blood flowed out of the cuts formed on his hands. his aim was shaky and he clutched the trigger. he closed his eyes and looked away. 

his fingerers squeezed the trigger and his body stiffened up. 

BANG

The sound of the shot ricocheted. For a moment everything had gone silent, and Leo finally opened his eyes. He looked straight at the fountain, and he wishes he hadn't. 

Leo had shot him in the eye. 

The man slumped back, his head fallen inside the fountain, and red, red, red was everywhere. Red had dyed the crystal clear water and slowly mixed in with the pureness of that water. 

Now, red water spouted out through the fountain, each insignia now had little streams of blood leaking out of them as if they were the ones bleedings, the jokers that sat on top of them all seemed to be mocking him and for a moment he swore he saw the blood pouring out of their eyes, as they smiled down at him. 

Leo couldn't breath, the whole fountain had blood pouring out form it. The innocent man's blood had stained it, forever. 

"I'm s-sorry." Leo whispered, tears falling at an even faster rate then he could comprehend, but then, suddenly a fire he'd never felt before wracked havoc inside of him, demanding to be let out. he swiped the tears of his face and looked at his father, smirking, yet intently watching on the sidelines. It was al his fault.

He shakily held the gun up and faced it towards his father. His fathers face only grew into a wider smile.

"Are you going to kill me then?" he asked, smiling 

As much as Leo tried, he couldn't pull the trigger, he just couldn't do it.  

This was his father. 

Leo chucked the gun on the floor and repeatedly stamped on the gun again and again, letting the anger out and tears dripping down his face. 

He hated the fact that his father made him kill someone. He hated him. He hated him. He hated him. 

Yet, he came to realise that most of all, he was disgusted at himself. 

'Sick'

'Disgusting'

'A Monster' 

That was what he was. A monster. 

The gun lay, torn to pieces by the monster himself. Yet what that monster didn't realise was that he wasn't a monster, he was a child. 

A child forced on the brink of insanity. 

A child forced to become a monster to save those who he held closely wasn't a monster at all, but a scarred beautiful boy who had no mistake but to have been born in family so spiteful that it could never not turn him into something similar to that spite. 

...