Page 31: Zelena, the Midwife:

Meanwhile, Mary Margaret stayed with Henry at the diner to watch him. Mary Margaret sat in the booth while she read a baby book. While Henry was eating French fries and playing a video game. Mary Margaret gasped, after marking a page in the baby book. 

"Did you know there's something called "cradle cap"? Babies get it on their heads. It's a crusty yellow, greasy, scaly skin rash..." Mary Margaret sighed, looking up at Henry. "Seriously, this book uses all of those words." She scoffed, looking at her book.

"Gross," Henry mumbled when he did not look up from his game. "Yes. Derezzed him." Henry mumbled at his video game, not paying much attention to Mary Margaret.

Mary Margaret looked up when she noticed that Henry was not paying attention to her which caused her to sigh to herself. "You know there's a library down the street. We can pop in and get you something if you'd rather... I know how much you love reading." Mary Margaret said, making Henry look up at her. 

"How'd you know that?" Henry asked, looking back at his game. 

"Your mom said, I think." Mary Margaret shrugged, looking at Dream. 

"Cool. Let me go get my coat. I'll be right down." Henry said, getting up from the booth. 

Mary Margaret sighed and watched him walk away when she looked down at the book again. "Cradle cap..." Mary Margaret sighed, worrying for her baby.

"You know, it goes away."

Mary Margaret turned to look at Zelena, who smiled at her. "It doesn't hurt the baby." She continued to add while giving her a soft smile. "It doesn't?" Mary Margaret asked her, moving her hand from her baby bump. 

"Babies are stronger than you think... You're Snow White, aren't you?" Zelena asked at smiling Mary Margaret as if she was fangirling a bit. 

"I'm Mary Margaret, here, actually. This must be your first time in Storybrooke." Mary Margaret said in a confused tone.

"I missed the last curse. So... Everything in this world is still a bit new."

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it. Who were you back in our land?" Mary Margaret said, giving her a smile. 

"Oh... No one you'd remember. Not everyone was famous like you." Zelena smiled, making Mary Margaret chuckle at her.

"I don't know if I'd say "famous."" Mary Margaret chuckled, trying to be humble.

"You were a princess. And some of us were just supporting players. Oh, it's okay. I loved who I was and what I did." Zelena said, standing up to walk over to the booth. "I was a midwife." She smiled, standing over at the booth.

"Really?"

"My name's Zelena. I've seen a lot of new mothers. Don't worry. You'll learn quickly." Zelena smiled at Mary Margaret, giving her a comforting nod. 

"Maybe you could give me some advice? I have been turning the corner of every page on which I have a question, and now I can't close the book; there are so many..." Mary Margaret said as Zelena smiled at her.

"It'd be an honor." Zelena smiled brightly.

"Careful, once I have the baby, I may not let you leave my side." Mary Margaret chuckled before she saw her phone buzz on the counter.

"May I?" Zelena asked, wanting to touch Mary Margaret's baby bump. "Wow. Helping Snow White with her baby?" Zelena chuckled, looking at her in disbelief. "I can't think of anything that would make me happier." Zelena smiled at her.

Mary Margaret gave her a smile, before checking her phone to look at the text in disbelief. "I'm sorry. There's an emergency. I have to get to the hospital." Mary Margaret said when she moved to put her book back in her bag. 

"What's wrong?" Zelena asked, looking really concerned when Mary Margaret was suddenly in a rush.

"Something's happened with Dream. My daughter, Emma, said that they rushed her to the hospital."

~season 3, episode 13: "Witch Hunt"~

~647 words~