Page 27: Birthday Gifts and Pink Roses:

"He looked right through me," Regina said quietly as she looked at Emma.

"Because he doesn't remember you."

"But you clearly do." Regina scoffed at her. "Why are you here?" Regina asked, not having seen Dream yet. She did not even know Dream was back in town.

"Storybrooke. A new curse. A missing year. Why do you think?" Emma shrugged, stating the only reason she came back. To be the Savior again.

"No, what I mean is, how did you know to come back? I gave you, Dream, and Henry a new life, new memories." Regina said to Emma when she was confused as to how Emma remembered. "Is Dream back, too?" Regina asked, hoping that she would have both of her children back.

"Hook found me. Gave me a potion that made me remember. There wasn't enough for Henry." Emma sighed, explaining how she could remember.

"Oh, how convenient." She scoffed before clearing her throat. "Wait... What about Dream?" Regina asked, when Emma shrugged, looking around them.

"She remembers. But I have no idea how. She didn't drink the potion." Emma shrugged when Regina looked at Emma with widened eyes. "Do you know--" Emma went to say, but Regina cut her off, wanting to change the subject.

"Look, I didn't cast this curse, if that's what you're thinking--"

"The thought did cross my mind," Emma confessed, feeling a little guilty for the comment she made in front of Dream.

"Why would I do this? Why would I erase an entire year of my life?" Regina asked, scoffing at Emma's accusation. 

"Maybe it was a bad year for you. Maybe this curse was your way of getting me to bring Dream and Henry back here." Emma accused her again when she tried to explain how Regina could be the culprit. 

"With no memory of me? If I wanted my kids back, do you think I'd put myself through this kind of torture?" Regina asked Emma, scoffing at her suggestion. "I cast curses to hurt other people. Not myself. Or my children." She added.

"Maybe so. But I need to start crossing people off the list."

"How? By walking around and using your superpower on everyone?" Regina asked sarcastically when she did not believe Emma about the whole "lying superpower." 

"You got a better idea?" Emma scoffed at her, showing that the two were still at odds most of the time.

Regina made a detour before her and Emma's plan. She drove to the docks, knowing this might be the place Dream would go since it was the place she always went to when she was younger. And just like Regina thought, she got out of her car, seeing Dream by the docks with her diary that she used to always write in.

"I knew you'd be here."

Dream turned around, when she set down her diary on the bench, rushing to hug her mother. "Mom!" Dream smiled, when Regina teared up, hugging her daughter back. 

"Dreamy." Regina smiled, holding onto her daughter. "Look at you. You look so grown up. And it's only been a year." Regina smiled when she pulled away to hold her hand to Dream's cheek.

"Well, I am a year older." Dream chuckled at her mother.

"Your birthday. As if I could forget." Regina smiled, using her magic to make a wrapped present appear in her hand.

"What could it be?" Dream chuckled when the two moved over to the bench so Dream could open the present. "Oh... It's a tiara?" Dream asked, sounding a little surprised.

"It was the same tiara I was given at your age by my father. It's been in our family for generations." Regina smiled when Dream looked at the shiny tiara that had simple jewels all over it.

"It's so pretty, Mommy. I love it." Dream smiled, when Regina moved to put the tiara on her head. 

"You'll have to tell me what you've been up to in the past year, later. I have to do something, but I will see you at home." Regina smiled when she got up from the bench. 

"Sounds like a plan, Mom." Dream smiled, when Regina walked back to her car to drive to City Hall. Dream sighed when she opened the diary to the page where she was writing a diary entry.

"Diary Entry: 2013

Dear Dad,

Today, I actually get to write to my real father. But I just wish you could give me some advice.

Since I came into Storybrooke last night, I've felt off. Not like the off that I've felt for the past year, but like something is itchy me alive from the inside. My fingertips are turning black. I do not know why or how. All I remember is that they did that when I used the Black Fairy's wand. I have the gut feeling like something is wrong, but I do not want to worry anyone. They have more pressing matters that need more attention. I just wish you could give me answers to these questions. 

I really miss you, Dad. I hope that Neal is okay. But there is someone who cursed the town again. 

I hate to say it, but I did not miss the adventures and saving the town during the past year. I actually got to be a typical early twenty-year-old/late teenager. I enjoyed living my life..."

Dream stopped when she looked up to see a frog by her side of the bench. "Hey, there." Dream smiled at the frog, who had a flower in his mouth. It was a soft pink rose. "What do you have here?" Dream smiled, taking the flower from the frog.

The frog stayed still when Dream noticed that he did not say anything. Dream instinctively pulled out her phone. She typed in what a pink rose meant when she was shocked by the results. "Pink roses mainly mean gratitude and admiration... But there are also other meanings such as femininity, romance, congratulations, or sympathy... great choice for gifts to lovers, family members, and friends, and on occasions like baby showers and weddings." Dream read to herself when she looked at the frog in confusion, but the frog was gone. He left, leaving Dream confused as she looked at the pink rose.

~1021 words~