Page 12: Going Home:

The majority of the town met at the town line. They were all there to say goodbye to Henry, Dream, and Emma. It was a sad goodbye. Emma's yellow bug waited in front of the orange, spray-painted line. Emma, Dream, and Henry were finishing their goodbyes with everyone.

"This isn't fair. It's all my fault." Henry said, making Dream and Regina look at him with raised brows. 

"What do you mean?" Regina asked him when she hated saying goodbye to her children. "If I had never gone to get Emma, if I just lived under the curse with you and Dream, none of this would've ever happened. I thought I was alone. I thought you didn't love me. But I was wrong." Henry sighed, looking at his mom. 

Dream sighed, looking at her little brother. Just yesterday, she was thinking the same thing. She had regret. But she thought about what Regina said at the tree with Pan. Everything Regina has done in life led to her getting her happy ending with her children. And now she is being forced apart from them to save the town.

"Henry. I was wrong, too. It wasn't your fault. It's mine. I cast a curse out of vengeance. And I'm a villain. You heard Mr. Gold. Villains don't get happy endings." Regina sighed as Dream hugged Henry, looking at her mom. 

"You're not a villain..." Dream smiled at her. "You're our mom," Henry added, smiling at her before she hugged her children.

Dream pulled away, looking at her mom, as Regina nodded, letting Dream walk over to Hook. Emma and Henry walked over to Neal, while Dream smiled at Hook. She had to say goodbye. She might never see him again. She did not want to have any regrets when she crossed the town line. 

"It's quite the vessel you captain there, love." Hook said, looking at Emma's car. "Actually, Emma captains it." Dream chuckled as he held onto her hand. 

"There's not a day will go by I won't think of you." He confessed to her when she smiled a bit. 

"Good." She smiled at him when she went to take his necklace off. "I would keep it, but I'm worried I won't be able to bring it with me when the curse is over." Dream confessed when she put the necklace in the palm of Hook's hand. 

"I shall keep it until you return," Hook smirked when Dream worried if she would ever return. 

"You better." Dream smiled, when they just looked up at each other. Dream fought the thought of kissing him, but when Hook leaned down to kiss her, Dream shook her head. "I'm not good at goodbyes. And if you kiss me right now, I will hate you until I find a way to get back. Because I don't want this to be a goodbye." Dream sighed when he moved his hand to her cheek, wiping the tears that were falling down her cheeks.

"When we see each other again?" He asked her when she nodded, smiling at him.

"When we see each other again." Dream nodded, smiling as she hoped that she see him again. She just did not know when or if it would ever happen. She just knew.

Regina walked over to Emma, while she watched Dream and Hook say their goodbyes. "There's something I haven't told you," Regina said, making the others look over at them. "What now?" Emma sighed, not wanting more surprises. 

"When the curse washes over us, it will send us all back, nothing will be left behind, including your memories. It's just what the curse does. Storybrooke will no longer exist. It won't ever have existed. So, these last years will be gone from all your memories, and we'll just go back to being stories again." Regina explained as Dream looked at Hook while listening to her mother.

"What will happen to us?" Emma asked her.

"I don't know." Regina sighed, shrugging while glancing over to her children. 

"Doesn't sound much like a happy ending." 

"It's not. But I can give you one." Regina smiled at Emma, looking back at her. 

"You can preserve our memories?" Dream spoke up, asking her mother. "No, honey, I can do what I did to everyone else in this town and give you new ones," Regina explained, looking at Dream.

"You cursed them, and they were miserable." Emma scoffed at her.

"They didn't have to be." Regina chuckled slightly. "My gift to you is good memories. A good life for you and Henry, and Dream. You'll never have given him up. You'll have always been together." Regina smiled, holding back tears. 

"You would do that?" Emma asked her.

"When I stop Pan's curse, and you cross that town line, you will have the life you always wanted."

"But it won't be real."

"Your past won't, but your future will. Now go. There isn't much time left. The curse will be here any minute." Regina said before hugging her children again. 

Emma started to cry as Dream held onto Henry, when Mary Margaret walked over to Emma, holding her face. She placed a kiss on her forehead, before Dream, Henry, and Emma got into the car. Emma started to drive away when Regina started the curse. The green cloud was coming when Regina used her magic to stop the curse which caused the cloud to change purple as Emma and Henry drove off. The cloud covered the town, leaving nothing. The town turned back into the forest when they appeared back in the Enchanted Forest.

~season 3, episode 11: "Going Home"~

~925 words~