Page 55: Helping Ariel Find Her Prince:

*Back at Granny's Diner*

"Come on. Think hard, Hook." David asked as Hook passed Sebastian off to Marco, who offered to help, but he was still crying his poor little lungs tired. And Evangeline was still crying, despite Granny trying to comfort her. "Are you sure you can't remember anything that can be useful?" David continued to ask.

"My apologies, mate. But if I'd run across a prince during my adventure, I think I'd remember it." Hook sighed, glancing at Granny and Marco, who could not get the babies to stop crying. 

He really needed Dream, right now. He was new to this. He felt helpless that he had to have help with his kids.

"I just... I don't understand. How could he vanish without a trace?" Ariel asked them.

"That's it. Maybe he didn't." Mary Margaret said to them. 

"What do you mean?" David asked his wife. 

"When the curse brought us back here, it brought our things, too. Gold's shop is filled with them." Mary Margaret continued to explain. 

"And if we find something of Eric's, we can use a locator spell to track him," David added, realizing what his wife was implying.

"Let's go!" Ariel smiled at them.

"Sounds like a plan. Best of luck with that. I have my crying infants I have to get back to." Hook said, turning to walk over to Granny, who was trying to rock Evangeline, and Marco, who was bouncing Sebastian. 

"Wait. No, you should come with us. You might remember something that we won't or can't. You'd be far more helpful than us." Mary Margaret said, stopping Hook, who sighed to himself. 

"Well, someone has to keep an eye on the babies." Hook sighed, looking at the Charmings.

"Well, Mary Margaret and I can take over," David suggested as Hook sighed, scratching his scruffy beard.

"Could we have a talk for a moment?" Hook asked as David shrugged, walking over to the side. 

Hook took Evangeline from Granny, who went back to work, and Neal took Sebastian from Marco. Both babies were still crying, but Neal went to give Sebastian his pacifier.

"What is it?" David asked Hook, looking a little worried.

"Are you sure this is such a good idea, mate? Let's be honest, there's only one obvious explanation why the little mermaid here can't find her prince. He's dead." Hook said to David, and suddenly the babies stopped crying. 

Evangeline yawned, moving closer to Hook as she started to go to sleep. Hook turned to see that Sebastian did the same, taking his pacifier from Neal, while he started to go to sleep. Hook let out a breath of relief when he and David looked at the babies, who probably cried their lungs tired. 

"There's no reason to ply her with false hope." Hook said, looking back up at David.

"In my experience, there's no such thing. You just have to believe. Now go. Good luck." David smiled, reaching for little Evangeline. 

Hook sighed to himself when he handed the baby girl over to David. "Dream... Uh, she's got a list of what they need in the bag." Hook said as David nodded. 

"I think I can take care of a baby or two, Hook." David shrugged as Hook sighed, heading with Ariel to Gold's shop.

~season 3, episode 17: "The Jolly Roger"~

~545 words~