Page 75: New Baby and New Love:

*A Few Days Later*

"Emma, you okay?" David asked when he noticed that Emma was zoomed out.

"What? Yeah, of course." Emma said, looking back at her parents. 

David was holding her little brother, who still did not have a name, and Mary Margaret was folding up the laundry that they already had from the past couple of days. 

"You guys gonna finally tell me the name of my little brother, or should I just keep calling him, "Hey, there!"" Emma asked her parents when David chuckled at her.

"Well, the thing is, there's sort of this tradition..." David said while using the blue blanket to wipe the little drool from the baby's mouth. "Back in the Enchanted Forest, when a new royal is born, you usually announce the name in a coronation ceremony," David said, looking at his son.

"We would have done it with you if we could have." Mary Margaret added while she continued to fold the burp cloths.

"You're not gonna hold him out in front of the clock tower and present him like Lion King, are you?" Emma asked her parents, again.

"Of course not." David chuckled, looking between his son and daughter. "In fact, we've decided to forgo all pomp and circumstance for a nice potluck at Granny's." He added, smiling at Emma.

"The important thing is to mark the occasion." Mary Margaret smiled while folding a baby blanket. "Remind ourselves that after all that we've been through, we're still together. As a family." Mary Margaret continued before they heard the door open and then close when they saw Henry walk in with a newspaper.

"Hey, check it out! I think I found us a place." Henry said, walking over to Emma, who looked confused.

"You're looking for apartments?" Emma asked when David and Mary Margaret looked over at them. 

"What do you think?" Henry asked, avoiding her question when he handed her the newspaper.

"Yeah, Emma. What do you think?" Mary Margaret asked her daughter.

Emma wanted to avoid the question when she turned to look at her parents and baby brother, while she wrapped her arm around Henry. "I think your grandparents can't decide what to name your uncle, and they are using a fairy-tale tradition to try to buy themselves some time," Emma said to Henry, smirking, while Henry chuckled at his mother's comment.

Meanwhile, Robin Hood and Regina were downstairs in the living room having a little picnic by the fireplace. "To the return of your heart," Robin smirked when they clinked their glasses together. "So, how does it feel?" Robin asked after they took a sip before putting their glasses down.

"Stronger than ever." She smirked at him.

He leaned in to kiss her, and the kiss was passionate until Robin noticed Regina was stopping. "What is it?" He asked her, when he pulled away, seeing her look a little upset. 

"I just never thought I'd have this," Regina said, moving her hand up to his cheek, before laughing a bit. 

"After I lost my wife, I felt like that for a long time. Her death was my fault." Robin sighed, looking at Regina.

"I'm sorry." 

"I would have walked through hell to be with my Marian again. But when I finally admitted to myself that she was gone and that she was never coming back, I had to let that guilt go." Robin continued while running his fingers through Regina's hair. 

"My first love, Daniel, was killed because of me. Because he loved me..." Regina sighed when she tried not to cry. 

"And that's why you never wanted to open yourself up again?" Robin asked her.

"Tinker Bell told me it was possible. I could love again. She led me to this tavern. To a man who she said I was destined to be with. I never saw his face, but..." Regina paused when she looked down at Robin's lion tattoo. "I did see his tattoo." She said, holding his arm up.

"It was me?" 

"Yes... I was just too scared to approach you." Regina confessed when Robin chuckled a bit. 

"Well, maybe things work out when they're supposed to. Maybe it's all about timing." He smiled before he leaned back in to kiss her again.

~season 3, episode 21: "Snow Drifts"~

~697 words~