A Bomb Of Truth

The avengers for once were at a loss for what to do. They investigated and planned, stalked and waited to see if they could find out what happened. And after a week they all met up and find they had nothing.

All they knew was after the mission they returned from last week they had avoided each other like the plague, which was strange considering they were joint at the hip since they met each other. They follow each other around so much the avengers placed bets on when they would get together, who'd ask first and when they'd kiss first.

So far they've not won any bets but as they watch Peter in the kitchen making breakfast, they wonder what happened. When Kate walks in she hesitates and almost walks away until she sees some of the team watching them like hawks so she stiffly walks to the cupboard next to Peter and they watch as he stiffens as well.

It was certainly interesting to watch as they walked on eggshells around the kitchen, not once making eye contact. The avengers watching didn't know what to do that could make them talk to each other again.

Wanda stood up and walked into the kitchen and stood next to Kate, she gently brushed her hand against the archers and was hit with a wave of thoughts and feelings. Kate was incredibly confused, with her strong feelings of lust and love but scared about the tension between the two.

Wanda stole a grape from Kate's bowl, making it look like that's all she came over for before she walked next to Peter and repeated the process.

She was once again hit with a wave of lust and love. Of longing to be with kate and also scared of the tension between the two.

Both adults were in love with each other but too stubborn and scared to make a move on one another.

The redhead wondered why that was and when she dove deeper into Peter's feelings and memories she found what she was looking for. Of course, her doing this was a huge invasion of privacy yet she didn't care because she wanted her two best friends to be happy with each other.

As she watched the memories she felt like slapping both her best friends and hugging them tightly, never wanting to let go. She returned to the avengers and ignored them until Kate and Peter left together and yet stood far apart in the corridor that leads them to their respective bedrooms.

ONE WEEK AGO

Kate and Peter were hidden inside a building and tasked with disarming and dismantling the bomb that threatened to kill a building full of civilians. A bunch of innocent people living their lives, we're now at risk from a madman with an ego problem.

The air was filled with so much tension it felt like a physical weight bearing down on the shoulders of the young avengers that were despite the pressure and danger presented, welcomed the fact they were finally alone again.

They had been crushing hard on each other for a while now but were too stubborn to make the first move. Kate looked over as Peter struggled with dismantling the bomb while the timer slowly ticked down.

They didn't have enough time she realised so if she was gonna die, she'd die her way. She grabbed Peters's head using both hands and pulled him into a passionate kiss. He froze for a second before he kissed back. They didn't know how long they kissed but it was longer than the timer should have been. Kate broke the kiss with a dazed smile and looked over to the bomb. On the timer screen was a smiley face and text saying 'BOOM.'

The bomb was a dud, and after that mission, they both went back to being stubborn and refusing to make the first move.

NOW

Peter had felt this weird sexual tension and not speaking to each other had gone on for too long. He marched to Kate's bedroom and knocked on the door. Kate opened the door and every time he saw her no matter what the time or what she was wearing, Kate always took her breath away. He was looking over her messy bun that had a few rogue strands of hair around her face. She wore a hoodie that was too big for her and she realised it was one of his hoodies, a favourite one of his that he thought he'd lost. She wore a comfy pair of leggings.

"You done checking me out," Kate said and Peter blushed slightly. Kate checked Peter out as well but was more discreet with it. He wore a tight shirt and a loose pair of grey joggers, his hair messy and it made her wish she could run her hands through it.

"What do you want Peter." She asked as she stepped back from the door. Peter stepped inside her room and closed the door behind her.

"You." Was all he said before he grabbed her waist and pulled her into a kiss, her hands immediately went into his hair pulling him closer.

_____

Wanda was nominated by the avengers to go and speak to Kate and see if she could help her speak to Peter while Tony was tasked to speak to Peter. She was about to knock on Kate's door when she heard a loud noise from inside.

She was confused at first but when she learn against the door to hear better she turned redder than her hair. She could hear moans from inside the room and she immediately ran back into the sitting room flustered while all of the avengers looked at her, Tony was back already since Peter was otherwise occupied elsewhere.

"Well that was fast, did you speak to her," Natasha asked.

Wanda shook her head. "They are... occupied at the moment." The avengers looked confused for a few moments before they all burst out laughing.

THE NEXT MORNING

Kate somehow managed to make it to the kitchen while Peter slept like a baby. She has a small limp and her knees still felt weak. She heard a noise and turned around to see all the avengers looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"So," Tony said with his arms folded and a small smug smile on his face.

Kate gathered both the bowls of breakfast she made and slowly walked past them with a small limp on her right leg.

"I hate you all." She said and all the avengers laughed and went about their day.

She entered her bedroom and saw Peter sitting up against the bed. She saw the bruises on his body and smirked proudly at them. She did that and marked her territory. 

She sat down on the bed and handed Peter a bowl which he gratefully accepted. They ate in silence and when they were done put their bowls on the nightstand.

Kate cuddled into the side of Peter and he pressed gentle kisses on her head.

"I love you Kate bishop, even if you are stubborn."

"You're more stubborn than me."

"Am not."

"Are too."

They argued about who was more stubborn the entire day before Kate attacked Peter with kisses to shut him up.

"I love you too Peter Parker."