Better Without Me

They fought a lot recently as all couples do yet they were fighting over stupid stuff. Then one thing lead to another and Wanda wanted a break from Peter, from their relationship.

He accepted and while Wanda went out and had fun, Peter stayed in his room in utter misery.

A month had passed and still no contact from Wanda. Peter messaged a few times and tried calling but they were never answered.

Another week and Peter hit the gym hardcore, throwing himself into it before he went home and crashed. He then woke up and repeated everything he did previously.

He worked out because he needed to keep his physical health in great shape because a fat Spider-Man isn't a good crime-stopper, and more importantly his mental health hit a new low so working out helped bring it back to a normal state.

He eventually started going back to the stark compound after avoiding it because Wanda lived there. That's when he bumped into her.

She looked beautiful with her light red head flowing down her back, two curls laid on either side of her face.

Her green eyes shine brightly and Peter felt like all his breath left his lungs seeing them again... seeing them so happy.

They chatted a bit awkwardly mainly because she was on her phone texting, someone.

Peter asked her to dinner which she accepted then excused herself, running from the room with a giddy smile on her face.

A week later after Peter confirmed the times of their date, he booked a lovely Italian restaurant in a penthouse-type building overlooking the river and city.

Her favourite restaurant was where they spent their first date and first anniversary. It held a special place in both their hearts and he hoped it could hold more anniversaries for them in the future.

He exited his all-black Range Rover which was a gift from his mentor and favourite avenger Tony motherfucking Stark.

Sometimes he still couldn't believe how lucky he was to have such a good person mentor him. Peter would do anything for Tony because he thought of him as a father that he never had.

He strolled down the unnecessarily long road that led to the complex. Fitted out with a white button-up shirt and smart black pants, he felt good and couldn't wait for his date.

He saw a light on in the sitting room so he decided to see who was in.

Wanda and Vision sat next to one another talking and laughing. Peter hasn't seen Wanda so happy in a long time. He was determined to change that if he was allowed a second chance.

He noticed she was changed but then thought about how she wasn't the type of girl to spend hours on what she wore.

He dug his phone out of his pocket and rang her with a huge smile on his face, a bouquet, of red and white roses, Wanda's favourite.

Wanda saw her phone ringing on the desk, wondering who was ringing she picked it up and saw it was Peter. She tilted her head confused wondering why he was ringing before she declined and placed it back down.

He rang again and she declined immediately then turned it face down and turned it on silent. She meant into Vision's embrace when she felt a kiss on the top of her head.

He made her feel good and made her laugh, she felt happier than she has in a while but there was one problem.

He wasn't Peter.

Sure they had fights and she was the one who called a break, but she still deeply loved him and wondered how he was doing. Maybe she should have answered her phone.

She glanced out the living room window and saw a bouquet laying on the floor. She was confused but didn't think anything of it.

Peter sat back in the driver's seat of his Range Rover when he rested his head against the steering wheel.

He wasn't good enough for her, he never was, he had to let her go for her happiness for her sake.

She was happy with Vision and as long as he treat her right, Peter was ok with it. He drive out of the compound and rang Tony using his hands-free.

"Hey Tony it's me, listen I need to talk to you about something...."
__________________________

Wanda sat in her room looking at a picture of her and Peter kissing, looking happy.

It's been six months since he disappeared, 3 months since Tony said what he was doing.

Peter wanted to travel the world and take a break, which he more than deserved, the only issue was Tony looked nervous when Cap asked when he was coming home. It looked like Peter was staying away for good.

She rang him a lot and messaged him even more but Peter never answered her. Maybe this was karma for not remembering a date he planned, a date he planned at her favourite restaurant that was almost impossible to get reservations at.

Months went by and the Avengers had a bit of a falling out and separated. She joined Caps' side and they left, maybe she would find Peter.

Cap received a call in the middle of the night from Bruce Banner, someone that disappeared into space a long time ago, apparently New York was under attack from aliens and they need help, all the help they could get.

__________________________

Peter woke up in the night from a phone ringing. He answered it and on the other end was a frantic Bruce telling him everything that's happened.

A team was coming to collect him from the high-rise apartment he was staying at in London. He guessed Tony had kept tabs on him this entire time.

As soon as he put the phone down, his front door was getting knocked on. He opened it and saw Cap, Bucky, sadly Falcon, Natasha and... Wanda.

She looked beautiful still and he stared at her and only her before a cough interrupted him. He invited them into his apartment and noticed Wanda blushing to stand in front of him letting the others explore.

"Wanda." That was all Peter said. He noticed Wanda staring at his chest, wondering if he spilt anything he looked down and saw he wasn't wearing a shirt. She blushed hard and raised a hand to touch him but pushed halfway through. Not that he would have stopped her, after all, he was a fool in love.

"Peter, I finally found you." She all but whispered, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. She had found him finally and she wasn't letting him go.