The Bus

Mj POV

Like usual I was sketching people in distress. It was a fun pastime that kept me occupied.

While doing this I'm also trying to be a detective and figure out my loser.. wait he's not my loser just a loser that happens to be my best friend's biggest secret.

There was no denying that Peter Parker had a secret yet somehow he was keeping it from me even though he was terrible at lying.

I still remember the nerdy glasses he wore as a kid then one day he came to school and said he no longer needed them without an explanation of how.

Then there was gym class when everyone got to see how muscly and ripped Peter had become out of nowhere. Flash being flash said it was steroids but I just knew that isn't who Peter is.

As I glance up I see Peter and Ned talking in hushed voices like Peter is hiding something.

I lean forward over the back of their chairs.

"Loser 1. Loser 2. What's the problem." Peter nearly jumped out of his seat.

"W-hat nothings wrong Mj." I raise my eyebrow showing that I didn't believe him.

All of a sudden Peter tenses and looks out the window.

"Ned I need a distraction." He says elbowing Ned. I turn to look outside and see a giant floating ring.

"WHERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!" Ned screamed causing everyone to run to the side of the bus leaving only me and Peter alone. He's rummaging through his backpack and opens a window.

"Where are you going, Peter." I grab his shoulder.

"Mj not the time." I'm shocked that Mr stutters is acting so causal now around me.

"Peter what's going on." He sighed and placed two objects on his wrist. He looked up at me with genuine fear.

"I don't know but I just need you to know that I like you."

"Peter you're scaring me. Why are you acting like this is a one-way trip." He shrugged his shoulders and cupped my cheek with his calloused hand.

It sent warm shivers through my body and I wanted it to stay there forever.

"Because it could be and invade something happens I want you to know that I like you." He leans forward and kisses me gently. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him hard.

My crush since childhood likes me. We pull apart breathing faster than normal. He presses his head against mine.

"I like you to know and explain what's happening," I say stroking his cheek with my index finger.

"I wish I knew." He pulled back giving me one last kiss. I stood there confused until he pulled out a familiar red mask. The mask of Spider-Man.

Peter leapt out of the bus and swung away as I watched him.

Everything made sense now. His disappearances and poor punctuality.

The muscles and constant injuries he gets. The fact he had a bruise under his eye in a lesson and at the end, it was gone as if it was never there.

My boyfriend is Spider-Man. A hero, But he'll always be my loser and a nerd because at the end of the day I prefer Peter Parker.

Who knew that would be the last time I get to kiss him for 5 years? To hold him in my arms.

Who knew he would die that day?

Who knew I along with half the world population would vanish?

Who knew......