Forget And Forgive

Peter groaned and his eyes screw shut feeling the sun glare at him through the blinds as if mocking him.

He sat himself up in bed and ran a hand through his dishevelled curly brown hair. Stretching his arms above his head until they cracked, he thought about what today was.

Today was his birthday.

He wondered if Kate, his girlfriend of 2 and a half years, had anything planned for him. He didn't mind if she didn't because all he cared about was spending the day with her.

He looked to the left side of their double bed to see she was sitting on her phone fully dressed. Bit weird.. he thought wondering why she was this fully dressed at this time of the morning.

He leaned over the bed and placed a kiss on the top of her hair. She leant into the kiss moaning happily and his touch on her.

She locked her phone and turned around facing the birthday with a small smile. A small smile that looked for apologetic than anything.

Peter noticed it immediately because he knew his girlfriend extremely well. When she was angry she would narrow her eyes and thin her lips. When she was excited she would cutely scrunch her nose. When she got annoyed she'd pout and give puppy dog eyes to Peter to ensure she got her way and she did.

"What's wrong my love." He asked in a low deep voice, she shivered on command whenever she heard his morning voice and he swore he saw her quickly wipe some drool from the side of her mouth.

She got up and grabbed a bag and threw it by the door before turning and giving a confused Peter a quick kiss on the lips as she did. "I have extra training with Clint today." That was all she said to Peter.

He realised she had forgotten his birthday but kept a smile on his face to not upset his girlfriend. He nodded and said ok then kissed her gently and full of love before pulling away.

She screamed aloud I love you at the top of her lungs while she ran down the stairs. He flopped back on the bed wondering what he was gonna do with the day.

That's when he heard footsteps running back up and lifted his head to see Kate slip back into the bedroom and grab her bag that she had left on the floor. She gave a sheepish smile and blew a kiss towards her lover before once again slipping away once again.

Peter laid in bed for another 15 minutes surrounded by his misery before he got up to shower and get changed. He didn't know what he was going to do today as everyone he knew was busy and in all honestly, he only cared about Kate being here for his birthday yet she had forgotten.

He didn't fully hold it against her as it was in her nature to forget important stuff, a point proven by 30 minutes ago when she forgot her bag when leaving.

He just wished for once he would be put first. He cancelled lots of plans so he could spend more time with Kate he just wished she could do the same for once.

He ate his breakfast in mild depression and decided he would go on a long walk around the city hoping to take his mind off his birthday.

____________________

Kate huffed as she exited the lift and walked into the training area. She felt like something important was today but she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was.

She shook her head and decided to focus on training because surely that was the only thing important happening today.

She walked into the indoor archery range thanks to big Stark and mini Stark as everyone called them also known as Tony and Peter.

On every floor, there was something suited to the person's speciality or powers they wielded so they can train them to maximise their efficiency.

Thwap