Life Is Good

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Looking down at the traffic on top of the tallest building in New York puts it in perspective about life.

While Lila sat on the ledge leaning against Peter, up top on the building, life and time itself had felt like it had stopped but looking down at the traffic below and the people walking around reminded her that life never stopped even when it seemed like it did.

The wind send a small chill done the back of her neck so she snuggled further into her hoodie, well Peters hoodie that she had stolen on their first date.

She remembered it perfectly as if it was yesterday.

She remembered when they first met when Lila and her family visited her father at the new avengers compound having a tour.

They made it to the gym to see someone working out already. When he turned, Lila thought he was a Greek god, his chiselled six-pack covered in sweat as he ran a hand through his brown curls.

She nearly fainted on the spot and the only reason she didn't was the look her mother was giving her and Peter. Was she checking him out as well?

Peter carried on working out as the family left and Lila had to be dragged away.

She had spent a lot of time asking around about the mystery boy and she finally had the chance to talk to him when she went to the kitchen one morning and he was nearly falling asleep in his cereal.

She found she enjoyed the company of the very tired boy and eventually she got his phone number and date out of him.

She ran to her mother and started squealing in happiness to which her mother asked about everything and Lila told her what had happened.

When their date arrived she was so excited, that they decided on mini golf and some food, to which Lila destroyed Peter.

As Peter and Lila were eating, she needed the toilet so she stood up from the bench and accidentally spilt her drink on her shirt.

She went red with embarrassment and expected Peter to laugh at her and she nearly teared up at the thought of her dream man thinking she was stupid.

Instead, Peter took his hoodie off and gave her it, Lila went to the bathroom still embarrassed but when she came out in Peters's hoodie, his eyes lit up and all she saw was love in the brown orbs.

They went on one more date before Peter asked her to be boyfriend and girlfriend and so began their passionate relationship.

Every minute she spent with Peter was the most loving and exciting time of her life while every minute she spent away was painful and miserable.

She felt Peter shuffle against her slightly and she placed her head on his shoulder, he wrapped his arm around her waist and started to stroke invincible patterns on her thigh.

She placed her hand on top of his and stroked it gently, they were both a couple that loved physical touch and always did it as much as they could.

She looked at her hand and smiled seeing the rings on her finger.

They were doing a tour of the world, exploring places they had always wanted to go.

They were on the Caribbean islands standing on a beach watching the sunset and while Lila was distracted Peter got down on one knee.

She turned to wonder why Peter was quiet and gasped when she saw Peter on one knee holding a ring out to her.

He cried and launched herself into Peter's arms saying yes over and over until she broke the hug and started kissing all over his face.

She had awoken the next day tired and sore but she couldn't help but feel giddy when she looked at her hand and saw the ring on her finger.

She lost track of time when she was laying in bed playing with her ring and just admiring her fiancé, wondering how on earth she had gotten so lucky.

Peter woke up and saw what Lila was doing and let out a small laugh that made Lila's smile widen than it previously was if that was even possible.

She leant up and pressed a kiss against his lips then as he went to deepen the kiss, Lila leant back and returned to admiring her ring.

Peter rolled his eyes and grabbed Lila's waist, rolling her on top of Peter, making her squeal and swat at his chest though she didn't mind the new position she found herself in.

Peter left one arm wrapped around her back while his right arm reached up and tucked a hair behind her ear before he reached up and pressed a kiss against Lila's lips.

The wedding was a beautiful event that was funded by Tony Stark and Pepper Stark for their son, insisting they spoil him for his big day.

Peter and Lila had thanked them profusely even though Peter didn't necessarily want everything to be so expensive.

He had grown up with tons of wealth and being spoilt for no other reason than simply having more than enough money to burn through and that's naturally going to happen when your parents are billionaires.

When Peter reached a certain age he asked that they don't spoil him as much because he didn't want to be a spoilt bratty child that could have everything he wanted with his parents' money, he'd rather work for it so Peter had least felt he earned it.

That didn't mean Tony and Pepper still didn't spoil him but it was simply on rare occasions.

The wedding was beautiful and their vows heartwarming, there wasn't a single dry eye when they finished.

As they finished their dance and had a moment to relax they joked that Clint had cried more than both of them combined but Clint didn't care, his baby girl was all grown up and looking extremely beautiful just like her mother.

Peter put his hand on Lila's stomach, something he's been doing a lot recently as they watched the sunset on top of the Stark tower building that Pepper turned into a company space.

It was a rush of emotions when they found out Lila was pregnant.

She had been feeling sick recently and when Peter went out on patrol she took a pregnancy test and it came back positive.

She was overjoyed but then started to panic in case Peter didn't want the child, would he leave her?

When Peter came home, Lila handed him the results, he dropped it and Lila thinking he was ready to lash out or run away prepared herself.

Peter picked Lila up and spun her around shouting about how he was the luckiest man in the world.

As they lay in bed that night, Peter taking to the small bump about her beautiful mother, as Peter had insisted they would have a daughter because he just sensed it, Lila ran a hand through his hair thinking how stupid she was to think Peter would leave.

She was simply scared because it was such a big step forward in life.

As they sat on the roof watching the last of the golden rays of light disappear she turned and kissed Peter gently.

Her life was perfect and she wouldn't change it one bit.