I Choose You

All her life she was chosen last or never even considered.

When Yelena was young she thought she had a family, an older sister she looked up to but it was all a lie.

The mission was completed and she was thrown straight back into the red room never to see her so-called 'family' again.

They never checked on her ever again and Yelena heard all about the stories of the famous black widow Natasha Romanoff.

She was the best of the best and the rest of the widows must reach her level or they'd get punished for being weak.

Then they were called in for an assembly of sorts with a briefing on Natasha Romanoff's status.

Apparently, she betrayed the red room organisation and willing ran into S.H.I.E.L.Ds open arms and happily became an agent for them.

Yelena thought that maybe just maybe Natasha would remember her and come save her too but that never happened as the days became weeks and the weeks became months.

Eventually, on a mission gone wrong, Yelena was freed from her mind control and became a rogue widow just like her sister.

She planned to get her sister involved since she was a big shot avenger and never even tried to reach out and find her Yelena thought bitterly but she didn't let it affect her plan.

Then she was dragged into a new mission to destroy the red room with her estranged family that acted like they hadn't abandoned her. That she was just the last choice for her family.

She felt a pang of hurt in her heart thinking how she was never considered first in anyone's decisions and how no one would choose her first.

She put the hurt aside as she chastised herself, she was an assassin, not a little princess that cared about feelings.

But she still couldn't keep a small thought entering her head as to what it feels like to be loved, to be cherished and have someone entirely devoted to you. Someone that chose her.

The mission was a success and Yelena left with the rest of the now-freed widows to help them out before Yelena regrouped with her sister in the future.

She had been promised she was welcome to come to the avenger compound anytime she wanted and received a digital pass from Tony Stark himself for reassurance, not that she needed it considering she had thought of five different ways to break in so far.

She was visiting an ex-widow before she was ready to leave and visit the avengers compound to see her sister. She was excited to see where Natasha made a name for herself and was accepted by most.

She was washing her hands in the bathroom when she felt a tingling feeling. She looked down at her hands and saw nothing, they weren't there and then she wasn't there.

She shook her head in a daze as she dried her already dry hands. She thought the bathroom looked different but didn't think much as she left and looked around the house.

That's when she saw the Ex widow with a husband and child in the garden playing. She thought maybe one day she could have that, a family, a real family.

But then reality caught up with her when she realised the house and family couldn't be like this as if it was reworked over a few years.

She ran outside much to the happy family's shock and the ex-widow, Alexandra, ran to Yelena in disbelief. They cried in an embrace as Alexandra explained everything to her.

Five years had passed with the snap of a finger and Yelena felt sick thinking about all the time she missed with her sister... her sister Yelena thought about worriedly if she was ok.

Spider-Man Oneshots On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara