Abandoned From The Beginning

Natasha stood impatiently with the rest of the team, though she didn't show it and to anyone else, she stood like a statue.

Tony had them gathered today because he was bringing a recruit, they asked and it was this Spider-Man that was swinging around the place.

The same Spider-Man that Wanda, another young recruit had a crush on. She didn't mind he seemed like a good hero or vigilante as others might call him.

The only issue Natasha had was the fact he was young, too young in Natasha's books. She knew what it was like to do something of that calibre.

Being in the red room she was forced to perform high-risk tasks when she was incredibly young. She never had a childhood and if she was right the pressures of being Spider-Man would be a lot on this kid.

Speaking of someone young instinctively made her hand rest on her stomach. No Natasha was not pregnant but she was in the past.

When she was first working with shield she had bad nightmares so she got over them by drinking and having one nightstand.

One of those led to her having a baby. She had kept it because she felt maybe this child could help her through the darkness but that was only a dream.

When her baby boy was born she named him Peter, Peter Romanoff and then she couldn't handle the stress of looking after a baby.

She was already struggling mentally and a crying baby didn't help her so she asked Fury for help.

He placed Peter into the care of some agents who promised her they would die before they let anything happen to Peter.

Natasha threw herself into her work and did the bare minimum to check in on Peter. She knew he was a smart kid from the agents' reports but that was about it.

Then Fury had dropped an unexpected visit on her years later to inform her that both agents have died in a robbery.

She became panicked but Peter was living alone from now on but shield agents would still spy on him for safekeeping.

She felt uncomfortable leaving her baby boy to live alone yet she knew she had no say over what he did considering she had left him all those years ago.

She wanted to get to know him, learn his likes and dislikes, who he's crushing on at school, and his favourite food.

Most importantly she just wanted to hold her child in her arms and tell him she loves him. Give him kisses on the top of his head and embarrass him in public.

She was brought from her thoughts when the elevator dinged, the doors opened to reveal Tony with his arm over the shoulder of a teenager.

A teenager that was Spider-Man, a teenager with red hair and a face with no emotion exactly like her. He looked at her briefly but that was enough to know everything from looking into his eyes.

His eyes held anger and confusion at her and only her. He knew who she was and he hated her. She felt like falling to her knees and crying.

He introduced all the avengers and shook their hands, answered their questions but he never once looked at Natasha. She tried standing closer to her but he stiffened and gave her the cold shoulder.

Tony announced Peter would be staying in the tower during his probation period and that gave Natasha great reason to sneak into his room and talk to him tonight.
__________________

Peter knew it from the moment he lay eyes on her, that Natasha Romanoff, the black widow was his mother.

Peter ran a hand through his red hair as he walked to his room to retire for the night.

He has a headache trying to figure out why she left him all those years ago but settled on she never wanted or loved him.

All he wanted was a family, a mother and father who would love him but that never happened.

He knew after some snooping that his aunt and uncle were agents and though they tried it felt like a huge betrayal.

Then after some more detective work which included rummaging through their work stuff, he found out he was the son of the black widow.

Then they died and it felt like a part of Peter died with them. The only family he's ever known and it was all fake because his mother didn't love him enough to take care of him.

While she was sitting in a lovely penthouse tower, he was working, going to school and being Spider-Man then going home exhausted to a shitty apartment.

He didn't know what he would do when his mother decided to speak to him.

He opened his door and practically collapsed on his bed when he heard a noise. He tilted his head to his desk and saw a chair turn around. The shadow figure reached over and turned the desk lamp on.

He wanted to snort at his mother who pulled some James Bond villain technique on him but he didn't want to give her the satisfaction.

She had a small frown on her face as she looked over at Peter who was sitting up on the end of her bed glaring at her.

"What do you want, mother." He hissed the final word at her. It also confirmed to Natasha that he knew.

"I think I owe you an apology." She said quietly while Peter shook in rage. An apology that's it.

"For what, abandoning me at birth or for never loving me."

"Peter Romanoff that's not true and you know it." She said in a motherly tone that suggested there be no argument.

"I don't know anything anymore considering my entire life's been a lie, I've never had a family and I never will, to me my mother died giving birth to me." He said as tears built up in his eyes. She wanted to hug him so she moved slowly over to the bed as if sudden movements might startle him.

She slowly wrapped her arms around him as he began to cry his heart out.

"I just wanted a mother, wanted someone to love me, was I not good enough, am I a disappointment and a mistake." She kissed his head hard trying to show love and affection something she isn't good at.

"I love you Peter I always have and always will. You are my son, my flesh and blood and I'll do anything for you." She felt his breath slow down against her as she leaned back to see Peter asleep in her arms.

She settled him into bed, taking his shoes off and putting the covers over him. She climbed on top of the covers next to him and cuddled him as a mother might do with a newborn baby.

Peter felt happiness and he finally felt loved. A motherly love which is something he always wanted he finally has. He slept with a smile as Natasha hummed some Russian lullaby's to him and rubbed his hair.

She felt complete for once in her life as she finally had her son back in her life.

They had a lot of work but tonight was a start. A start of a relationship that should have been started a birth.

He was abandoned at the beginning but reunited at the end.