Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart

Last December on a very cold and snowy day, Peter Parker was stumbling around stores trying to finish the last-minute shop.

He forgot about needing to buy the avenger's gifts, so here he was at the shopping centre running around trying to find any shops still open.

He had managed to get gifts for everyone apart from Clint.

Peter knew he wanted to buy a gag gift for him and Peter knew exactly what he wanted to buy.

There was a new toy, my first bow and arrow kit, and Peter thought it would be funny to get him.

He bought everyone a normal gift and a gag gift. Natasha's he liked the most which was a water pistol disguised as a real gun. He just hoped she wouldn't shoot him.

He rounded the aisle and saw one last boy toy sitting on the shelf. He ran over and grabbed it but as his fingers wrapped around the cardboard box, a female hand also grabbed it a second slower.

The hand let go and Peter turned, with the toy in hand and saw the most beautiful woman he has ever seen.

Her blonde hair flowed to her shoulders and glimmered in the light. Her light brown eyes shone brightly as if she held a power none could match.

She wore a hoodie and blue jeans and when he finished checking her out subconsciously, Peter trialled his gaze back to her face and saw her smirking slightly at him.

"You done checking me out." She said her tone flat but he could see the faintest of smiles on her face.

Peter squeaked and his face went red. "I'm sorry, forgive me."

She waved her hand because frankly, she didn't mind, well she did mind and would put those creeps in the ground but this young man in front of her was positively gorgeous as he was innocent, he meant no harm and she knew that.

She glanced at the toy which Peter was holding and knew she had to get it for Monica Rambeau. She was a hyper child that wanted to do everything so the bow was a good choice for her Carol hoped.

"So sir-" "Peter Parker." "- Peter my best friend's daughter would love that toy so how much can I pay you for it."

He stood still and looked down at the toy for a moment in deep thought. He grew up poor and always wanted the best toys that would come out yet he could never afford them.

Aunt May had worked herself to the bone just to be able to afford the house they were staying in.

He hated going to school and listening to all the other kids talk about what they got for Christmas while Peter sat in the corner not wanting to be involved.

But Peter wasn't ungrateful and he knew that no matter what he'd take aunt mays Christmas over a brand new toy anyway because while he would most certainly love to play with the new toy, nothing could replace the love he felt when he and aunt may sit in front of the tv watching Christmas movies and eating gingerbread and drinking hot chocolate.

He looked up at the beautiful blonde woman and back to the toy before he sighed and extended the toy to her.

She took the toy from his hands and held it as if it were the most delicate thing in the world.

"You don't owe me anything." He said before turning and walking away with his head held high.

Carol didn't know what took over her but she quickly wrote a note on the back of her now complete Christmas list and ran towards Peter.

He turned around confused why the woman was running over to him. She stopped in front of him and held out her arms.

"Thank you, Peter Parker, you've made a little girl very happy for Christmas."