My Heroes

As soon as Lila was born her father was her hero. He could do no wrong in her eyes and she loved him so much.

She grew up a daddy's girl and loved to follow in his footsteps. Taking after his archery skills she grew up a fine archer just like her father.

When her father, Clint fought in the battle of New York she was terrified and watched every moment online that she could before her mother turned the tv off and tried to distract her.

When Clint returned home with scrapes and bruises, Lila threw herself at him and he winced when she was dangling by her arms around his neck but he still embrace his daughter.

Then he left for a situation Tony Stark created called Ultron. She wished she was strong enough to go and help him but alas she couldn't.

She was intrigued when the avengers came to the farmhouse and she questioned them all when possible about the superhero life

Her aunt Natasha said her son who she'd never met before was a superhero and the pressure was always too much for him.

He didn't have a good work-life/superhero life balance and it made him depressed for a while. She asked if she could ever see her son and Natasha's reply had simply been one day.

She watched as her father was in the floating city and she cried for him when it fell not knowing he was safe.

When the avengers split because of some disagreements she was upset and angry upon hearing about her father's imprisonment.

But she had also heard about a new hero called Spider-Man had been there. At first, shed heard little things about him being New York's vigilante and that he was a good person but had awful puns.

She wanted to meet this Spider-Man and she also wanted to meet Natasha's son as well. She knew the possibility of meeting Spider-Man was extremely slim so she didn't hold out much hope.

When Clint got released he finally came home and promised he was done with that life and that was that.

They were a happy family again and her mother finally seemed more relaxed now her father was back home in safety.

Then something happened and one minute she was standing in a field and the next it was five years in the future.

She was disoriented and then she saw a Quinn jet with her father looking a lot differently. She immediately ran into his arms and was joined by the rest of their family.

She looked over her shoulders and saw a teenage boy with red-ish hair standing uncomfortably with a sad look on his face.

Her breath hitched as she looked over him, he was simply fucking gorgeous. His curly red hair made her want to run over and drag her hands through it.

His body looked muscular but not too muscular, just the right amount. He stood at least 6"0 well above her 5"6 height. His arms looked huge and she knew if she was wrapped in them she would forever feel protected.

Clint muttered to the family that he needed to talk to them later and gave a look to their mother that she understood.

Clint called over for the boy to join them and the now identified Peter came over and introduced himself.

He was quiet the entire night and then a family emergency meeting was called in the dining room with a stoic Clint had the head table while her mother looked like she had just finished crying her eyes out.

That's when she got told the devastating news. Peter and Natasha went to get an infinity stone and she sacrificed herself to save him and win the stone. Peter tried many times to kill himself instead but Natasha simply outsmarted the emotionally vulnerable teenager who was trying desperately to save her life.

That brought up questions though of why Peter was there in the first place. Her father seemed hesitant but said this was a huge secret and could not be told to anyone. They all swore on their lives when Clint dropped another bomb on them.

Peter Romanoff was Spider-Man.

She couldn't believe the two people she desperately wanted to meet were the same person. She wouldn't deny that she had a crush on Spider-Man or a bigger one on Peter Parker even though she's only seen him for a few hours she's completely taken by him.

She felt a blush rise to her cheeks but no one noticed thankfully. They left to go to bed but Lila stayed for a drink of water first.

That's when she heard footsteps so she turned to see a shirtless Peter Parker with extremely messy hair and grey joggers.

She felt the bottle in her hand shake as she spilt water trying to drink it while Peter raised an eyebrow at her. She fought a blush to her cheeks though it didn't work and she was completely red-faced.

She looked closer at his face and saw dark rings under his eyes clearly from a lack of sleep.

"Can't sleep." She asked quietly in hopes of not alerting anyone else so she could spend more alone time with Peter.

"Nightmares." That was all he said as he got a drink of water while she threw her plastic water bottle into the bin.

She struck him small conversations with him to try and get to know him better and she even led him to her bedroom for privacy.

She began drifting off to sleep so Peter decided to leave. But before he could leave she grabbed his big bicep and squeezed it.

"Stay."

If Peter was surprised he didn't show it inheriting more than just Natasha's red hair.

"Your father would kill me."

"Not if it would ruin my happiness, he's too soft on me." He looked at her and sighed before climbing into her bed and wrapping his arms around her.

She was right, she felt safe and rested her head on his chest and they dozed off to sleep.

When Clint woke up he went to check on Peter knowing he hadn't been sleeping or eating and probably yet found his bedroom empty. Then he checked on his children before finally opening Lilas's door.

He saw Peter drooling while Lila had a small smile on her face and nestled closer into Peter's embrace. At first, he wanted to wake them up angry but then he saw his daughter happy.

He wouldn't ruin her happiness but he would threaten to kill Peter if he hurt his daughter but even he knew Peter would take good care of her.

Lila had a dream of a hero wrapping his arms around her and keeping her safe. When she woke up still resting his head on his chest she sighed in contentment.

While her father would always be her first hero that she looked up to, Peter was the hero she needed to always be there for her and her needs. She enjoyed his embrace as she traced invincible patterns on Peter's chest.

She didn't know it yet but when she looked back in the past she just knew this was the moment when she fell in love with her husband and the father of their children.