I Remember

Carol had been away from earth for roughly six months helping around the universe to help those in need.

Not every planet had people like the Avengers to help them and while she tried to help where she could, she simply missed earth too much and wanted to return home.

She wanted to see her boyfriend, Peter Parker and she wanted to try a new burger place he found.

She wanted to travel around the world with him and maybe find a way to take him to some of the most beautiful places she's ever seen in the galaxy.

She wanted to go back to her and Peters's apartment that overlooked the city of New York. She just wanted to sit back and relax for a moment in her hectic life as a superhero giving little head scratches to her man who looked adorable while she did.

She knew Peter needed a break with him spending more time doing superhero-related stuff ever since his mentor died.

She comforted him as best she could and Peter appreciated it, that she was there every step of the way supporting him through his darkest times.

After four months she left with one final kiss before taking to the skies for her mission.

Finally, Carol thought as she made her dissent and landed outside her apartment. She sprinted up the stairs and fumbled with her keys before barrelling through the door.

The apartment looked cleaner than the last time when she had left, there were still clothes on the floor from the night prior before she left but it looked very clean and she was impressed with her boyfriend.

She looked around and saw some new photos of the couple from when they went to Italy and the United Kingdom.

One where Carol was in Peter's arms smiling happily at each other. Well it was all smiling in the photo but after the photo, Peter threw her in the pool behind her and as he extended a hand to help her out she pulled him in.

What occurred next was the biggest water battle ever in history. Carol won as she jumped on Peters's back, tickling him in his most sensitive spots before he turned and Carol embraced him in a passionate kiss.

Then as Peter was distracted by Carol's kiss she tacked him forward into the water, claiming her victory as he sputtered water when he rose back to the surface.

The next photo she looked at was from their holiday in the UK, when they went around the country looking at the tourist attractions and going on hikes in the beautiful countryside.

She looked annoyed at Peter who wore a grin on his face because he asked to race her up the hill and before she could respond he had taken off leaving his heavy bag behind knowing she'd have to pick it up, she was half tempted to leave it but sighed at dragged it up the hill.

When she reached the top of the hill and saw Peter relaxing, acting as if nothing happened, she slammed his bag into Peter's chest causing him to fall over.

She laughed her head off as Peter sent her dirty looks. Then he picked her up and spun her around making her gasp in shock and then giggle as Peter walked around with her over his shoulder.

She shook herself out of her thoughts and explored the apartment since she hadn't seen it in half a year.

As she explored and got herself changed from her super suit to normal comfy clothes, Carol heard the front door open as she peered through the bedroom door and saw Peter.

He looked as handsome as he did when she left. She noticed his hair looked slightly longer and she immediately wanted to run her hands through his hair.

She glanced over his body and it looked just as muscular if not more than previously. Then she went back to his face and saw the dark rings under his eyes.

She stepped out from where she was hiding to get a good look at her boyfriend and walked into the living room and witnessed her boyfriend throw a bunch of letters onto the floor.

He was about to move to them when he spotted Carol from the corner of his and stiffened. He wasn't ready for this conversation because he knew he was already heartbroken and this would be the final nail in the coffin.

She ran into his arms and hugged him tightly but he was still stiff which made her confused.

She pulled back but kept her hands on his waist while she looked at him. His eyes filled with confusion and hope.

"You remember me." She tilted her head in confusion. She hasn't been away that long had she?

"Of course I do Peter, why wouldn't I." He sighed in relief and jumped into her arms. His legs wrapped around her waist and the taller of the two wrapped her arms around him keeping him stable.

He kept placing kisses all over her body and kept muttering thanks to anyone that would listen.

Finally, he calmed down and let her to the living room so they could sit as he explained how his identity got leaked and became wanted for murder.

She gasped and held Peter as he trembled slightly in her arms remembering all the pain he went through alone.

Then he got the part about using doctor strange to make everyone forget who he was. He demanded Carol be able to remember but the spell was already made.

He blinked and found himself on the street and immediately ran back to strange and when Dr strange opened the door he had no clue who he was.

The spell was active and Peter was alone. He wanted to get back to the team but that wasn't possible because no one knew who he was. But the worst pain was knowing Carol wouldn't remember him.

Peter and Carol stayed on the sofa for hours catching up with each other about what Peter had done for the 6 months and what Carol had done.

When they got into bed and wrapped in each other's arms Carol promised she would stay for a long time and they would be able to do what they promised before she left which was travel the world.

Carol's reasoning was there were simply too many planets to look after and how was she certain that if she left a planet after helping it, it wouldn't return to how it was?

She would only leave Peter if it was an emergency and Peter said he was still going to do Spider-Man things but it wouldn't control his life as it had in the past.

Peter went to sleep with a smile on his face and Carol just lay there for hours watching over him in contentment.

She remembered

I will always remember you