Rules Still Apply

Natasha sat patiently in the Avengers meeting room listening to Tony drone on about rubbish like usual.

Nat with her stoic face looked like she was paying attention but in reality, she was wondering what was for tea when she got home.

No one could tell she was daydreaming apart from Clint her best friend. He looked over at her smirking getting her attention to which she rolled her eyes at him.

She started twiddling her fingers under the table feeling more impatient as the meeting dragged on.

All she wanted to do was go home and see her family, she was on her day off before she got called into this meeting that could have waited till next week yet Tony wanted to go on holiday so he had to disturb everyone's plans.

She wondered what her daughter and husband were up to when her phone started to ring. The meeting room fell silent as everyone stared at the deadly assassin who wanted the ground to swallow her up currently.

Tony smiled far too sweetly at her and then made grabby hands at her, making Natasha tilt her head in confusion.

"You know the rules Nat, anyone who gets called in the meeting must put their phone on speaker."

She glared at him before pulling her phone out to see who was ringing the spy, Her husband was calling her. She was nervous since no one apart from Clint knew anything about her life outside of work.

She sighed hoping it was a short call before she finally accepted it and put it on speaker holding it in front of her mouth.

"Mommy?" A young child's voice was heard on the other side of the phone.

Everyone stared at Natasha like she grew a second head. Surely this was the wrong number.

Natasha gave a small smile to the phone. "I'm here baby, what's wrong." That made everyone try to work out when this was all possible.

"Mmm, I wanna play spy's with you, mama." She said softly.

"Yelena sweetie, why don't you ask daddy to play with you."

There was a huge sigh on the other side of the phone as if it was the hardest thing the 3-year-old could admit.

"Daddy isn't cool enough."

There were some footsteps before a deep male voice was heard on the other side of the phone and Yelenas squeal with the soft pitter patter of feet running away.

"Hello?" The male voice said confused at what his daughter was doing with his phone.

Natasha sighed. "Hi, baby."

"Nat? Why'd you ring, I thought you were at the boring superhero meeting." Said superheroes looked offended while Nat smiled.

"Our daughter rang and now everyone knows I have a daughter and husband."

"oh... OH." He said as if understanding the impact his daughter made with one phone call.

"You want to pick me up at the tower."

"Ok, my love I'll bring the little worm as well."
_____________

The team finished the meeting while still trying to wrap their heads around the fact the super serious assassin that shows no emotion has a husband and daughter.

The elevator dinged and a gorgeous man stepped out. He wore a plain white t-shirt with black jeans while holding the hand of a little girl who was dressed up as a black widow.

She appeared to be scared but as soon as she saw Natasha, she screamed MOMMY!! And launched herself into Natasha's arms.

Natasha quickly picked her daughter up and spun around while Yelena giggled.

Nat placed a kiss on the top of the small redhead and kissed the curly brown-haired man that stood in front of her.

The team looked at the loving family, with both mother and father's attention to their daughter who was happily talking away to Natasha about what she had done today.

Peter stood behind Natasha his left arm wrapped around her waist while his right arm played the with curls in Yelenas' hair making her giggle.

They looked like a happy family which they are. Peter leant down to Natasha's ear and whispered something, she turned to face him and nodded then pressed her lips against his.

Natasha placed Yelena on the ground and took her hand while Peter took her other hand. Yelena still talking animatedly towards both her parents while they swung Yelena towards the lift.

Nat waved goodbye to her team while Yelena screamed at them and Peter shyly waved then the elevator doors closed.

The team all looked to one another before shaking their heads and going their separate ways.