thirty-five

"You're a monster."

If AFO had a face, he would have been frowning at his granddaughter's words. Why could she not see it? The world does not need pesky heroes. What they need is him.

Hiraku began shaking her head at all the information. She thought her mom died of old age. She thought her father killed himself, because he found out that her mom was a hero. She thought her mom left her, because she had no choice.

But it was all a lie. Her mom was not a hero. And she abandoned Hiraku. And left her with a man she barely knew. She felt incredibly stupid. How could she have believed all the lies? She should have known she was not normal. She had her quirk earlier than the others, she should have known that it was never hers.

When she thought long and hard about it, the lies were incredibly obvious. The fact that she had no picture of her parents was shady enough. She was told her mother was a hero and she did not even think to ask any evidence. Instead, she just blindly believed the people who raised her.

Did All Might know everything?

Did he know that she was related to AFO? Perhaps, she was the only one who did not know.

Was this the reason why she was taken away from the Todoroki family?

Was this the reason why they trained her to be a hero?

Because they were afraid she was going to be just like her grandfather.

Hiraku could feel her tears falling down her cheeks.

Everything she has known all her life was all a lie. And no one bothered to tell her the truth. She should be angry. Enraged even. But all she felt was disappointment. She was hurt too.

"Join me, Hiraku." AFO stood up and held her shoulders. "Together, you and I will rule the world."

AFO looked at the small girl oddly, her shoulders were shaking. He let her go in surprise when he heard her laughing.

"Are you fucking stupid or something, you faceless freak?" Hiraku looked at the man, her eyes filled with rage, "Do you think I'm stupid?"

She was hurt, but she did not care. She was raised to be a hero, and she will be damned if anyone was going to take that away from her.

AFO backed away at the now angry woman. She was back in her Asra form, her katana held tightly in front of her.

"What do you take me for? I'm not fucking stupid AFO. I'm Asra, the top five pro hero, and I don't give a damn even if you were my grandmother!" Asra rose to her height, all the fear she felt earlier were now replaced with fury. "You made my mother think that heroes were monsters, and then you went and killed her when she finally realized that you were the monster all along! I will never join you." She grit her teeth in anger, her katana raised dangerously toward AFO. "I don't care if the hero commission lied to me, they raised me to be the great hero I am today. And that hero is gonna fucking kill you, you piece of trash."

AFO was disappointed. He really did not want to do it the hard way, but heroes really get on his nerves. He shook his head as he quickly grabbed the hero by her throat.

"I really didn't want to do this," he began. Asra dropped her katana, her hands on her neck. "But you leave me no choice."

Asra then felt an odd pull from her head. It was not painful, it was just odd. Then she was suddenly let go, she coughed aggressively from the loss of breath.

"What did you do!?" she screamed, her hand on her bruised throat. Nothing felt wrong, but she did not want to be caught in a false sense of security.

AFO stood tall in front of her, he was looking down at his hand that had held her throat. Then he laughed. A deep boom-like laugh. Asra could not help but think that the man was really insane.