seventy-seven

When Hiraku opened her eyes, she was met by a bright and blinding light. She slowly used her hand to shield the bright light, squinting when she figured out that the bright light was coming from the sun.

Hiraku gasped loudly and stood up, eyeing her surroundings carefully with wide eyes.

Glancing around, Hiraku noticed three things: one, her injuries were gone and she was squeaky clean, second, she was in the middle of a wide meadow that stretched as far as the eyes could see, and last but definitely not the least, although she could hear the sounds of birds in the distance, there was no living being in sight.

"Where the hell am I?" she muttered in confusion. "I died, didn't I?"

Hiraku looked at her feet in sadness, finally registering that she was gone. She died and that was it. She realized that she must have been in the afterlife.

She smiled sadly as she raised her head, closing her eyes and absorbing the rays of sunlight. She was relieved just thinking that she died saving Katsuki.

She only wished she could have had more time with him.

"Well, no use moping!" she exclaimed, slapping both her hands on the side of her face. "First, I gotta figure out where I should go.."

She turned her head from side to side, trying to look for something resembling a path. But what Hiraku saw almost gave her a heart attack.

"Mom?"

Her eyes bulged as she watched the tall white-haired woman walk slowly in her direction. Hiraku remained still as the woman came closer and closer until she was only a meter away.

"Hi, Hira-chan."

Hiraku screamed loudly, running away while yelling, "Ghost! It's a ghost! Someone help me!"

Hiraku turned to look behind her, stopping immediately when she noticed that the woman was gone.

"Do not run away from me, Hira." Hiraku shrieked loudly, hearing the voice behind her. "No matter where you go, I will still find you, you know."

"Please don't kill me!" Hiraku screamed, covering her eyes in fear. "I'm already dead!"

She could hear the woman step in front of her as she slowly took a peek in between her fingers. When she saw the woman smile softly, Hiraku began to lower her hands slowly.

"Do not be scared now, Hira," the woman held Hiraku's face gently, "It's me, your mom."

Hiraku whimpered loudly as she quickly embraced the woman, saying, "Mom! You're here! I finally met you!"

"I am so sorry, my Hiraku." Hana smiled softly as she hugged the small girl tightly. "I am sorry I left you all alone."

Hiraku shook her head, still in her mother's arms as she quickly said, "It's okay, Mom! I grew up okay!" she continued saying, "I got Jii-san, Oto, and Kaa-san. I also had Shota, Nemuri, and Yamada! Mirai was also there for me! A lot of people took care of me! I also have lots of friends, Mom! Oh! I'm a Pro Hero too!"

"I know," Hana replied. "I am so proud of you," Hana held the girl tightly, "I love you so much, Hiraku..."

Hiraku hummed in agreement, muttering into the woman's chest, "I love you so much too, Mom." she pulled away slightly to look at the woman, "I'm so glad I get to spend the afterlife with you."

Hana furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, asking, "Afterlife?"

"Yeah!" Hiraku replied, fully letting her mother go. "I'm dead!"

Hana smiled amusingly, finding it funny how the girl could say she was dead so enthusiastically.

"You are not dead, Hira." Hiraku frowned at her mother's word in disbelief. "But you are dying.."