thirty-one

The sun was barely out when Hiraku was awakened by a gentle tap on her head. Hiraku groaned as she turned around and buried her face more on her pillow.

"Hira, wake up."

"Five more minutes," she mumbled in her pillow. She smiled when the tapping stopped, thinking she was going to get more sleep. "Ow! What the heck!?"

She faced her attacker, who had a huge smirk on his face and a pillow on his hand. Katsuki had just hit her mercilessly with her own pillow.

"Get up, idiot! We're going to be late." Hiraku rolled her eyes before rolling of her bed and slumping towards her bathroom. "I'll wait for you downstairs."

"Yeah, yeah."

After showering, she went down and had breakfast with Katsuki. They talked a bit about their training, well it was mostly Hiraku doing the talking. But neither cared, Hiraku liked talking and Katsuki liked listening to her.

It took them almost an hour before teleporting to their school. It was mostly due to Hiraku, who was not a morning person whatsoever.

Hiraku groaned in pain as soon as she and Katsuki arrived at the destination of the class. Katsuki looked at Hiraku in amusement. He knew the reason of the girl's immediate change in mood.

"Seriously, Shota? A bus? Can't I just teleport everyone?" Hiraku complained as soon as she saw the vehicle. "Why must you torture me!?"

Aizawa rolled his eyes as he ignored the girl and continued checking his list. The girl only followed him around to continue her complaints.

While the two pro heroes were bickering, mostly because of Hiraku, Kirishima proceeded to approach his explosive friend.

"Hey, Bakubro."

"What do you want, Shitty Hair!?"

Kirishima grimaced at his friend's explosive response. "I noticed you and Hira arriving together. Did you have a sleep over or something?"

"Yeah."

Kirishima was surprised at his friend's calm response, he looked at the boy only to see him already looking at something else.

He followed his gaze only to laugh at the sight. Hiraku was currently being smothered by Aizawa's scarf as the girl kept on complaining.

"Wow, Bakubro is whipped."

The two boys and their other classmates eventually faced their teacher who had called for their attention.

"let's board the bus now, everyone."

Everyone suddenly turned to the girl who was yelling muffled sentences. Aizawa rolled his eyes, before releasing the annoying girl.

Hiraku took a deep breath before replying, "What about me?"

"what about you?" Aizawa replied to her question dully.

"There is no way I'm riding that monstrosity, Shota." Hiraku crossed her arms with a huff.

Aizawa sighed again as he gestured for everyone to board the bus, excluding Hiraku. Once everyone settled in their respective seats, Aizawa faced the pouting Hiraku.

"you will be running behind us, then."

Hiraku wanted to cry right then and there.

"Fine."

"what did you say, Hiraku?"

"Hmph. I'll ride the stupid bus."

Aizawa smirked at the girl. He knew that she needed to overcome her fear of vehicles. She was a pro hero and there will come a time when she would need to ride vehicles. Aizawa shook his head one last time before eventually boarding the bus as well.