forty-six

The next morning, Katsuki woke up in alarm. Hiraku was not by his side when he woke up. He panicked at the thought that maybe last night had been a dream.

He slammed his door open, running toward the common area with a frantic look.

"Hey Bakubro, what's wrong?" Kirishima asked his friend worriedly, nearing the boy who looked like he was going to cry, "What happened?"

"Hiraku.." Katsuki breathed with teary eyes. Kirishima's eyes widened in understanding as he finally smiled softly.

'Ah, he must've been scared when he didn't find Hiraku when he woke up.' Kirishima thought looking at his teary-eyed friend who was looking even more frightened by the second.

"What the hell are you grinning at, Shitty Hair!?" Katsuki yelled, grabbing Kirishima by the collar of his shirt and shaking him.

Kirishima could not help but chuckle at his friend who was trying his best to sound scary, but he only sounded like a kicked puppy.

"Don't worry, Bakubro. Last night wasn't a dream. Hiraku is alive. " Katsuki let his friend go, relief enveloping his body. He wiped his eyes aggressively as he glared at his chuckling friend.

"Tsk! Where the heck is that idiot!?"

"Oh! Ya talking bout Nakahara-chan?" Kaminari chimed in suddenly, earning him a sharp glare from his explosive friend. "I saw her leaving a few seconds ago. She said she was called on to another overseas missi--"

Kaminari's words drifted off as Katsuki did not finish listening and ran outside as fast as he could. Kirishima looked at Kaminari with a disappointed look, the latter only grinning widely.

"Damn! Our Kacchan is whipped!"

"C'mon man, that wasn't manly."

.

Katsuki ran outside the door, panic in his eyes as he thought about the girl. He would not let her leave again. He did not care if it made him seem selfish or clingy. He was not losing her again. She has not heard him say how he felt yet.

When he finally spotted her white hair right outside the UA gate, he used his explosions to propel himself faster toward the girl. He could see her turn around in shock at the sight of her flying boyfriend.

"Katsuki!?" Hiraku yelled, her eyes wide as Katsuki stood in front of her, drenched in his own sweat and breathing heavily. "What the heck are you doing!?"

Katsuki raised a hand as he crouched down, trying to control his heavy breaths. Hiraku just eyed her boyfriend with a raised brow, trying to decipher what he was thinking. Before she could comment about his state, he had already started talking.

"I can't let you leave me again," Katsuki started, earning him a confused glance from his girlfriend. "I'm saying I ain't letting you leave, Hiraku!"

"Huh? What are you talkin--"

"That dunce told me you were going on another overseas mission and I'm not letting you leave!" Katsuki said, pointing at Hiraku with a glare, "I don't care if I get nagged on from stopping you! You're not fucking leaving me again!"

"I'm no--" Hiraku could not finish her sentence as her boyfriend cut her off again.

"I can't live without you, Hira. I wanted to give up being a hero altogether when I thought I had lost you. I couldn't bear being a hero when I lost you because of it! I thought I won't see you again. It was hell. I still had a lot of things I wanted to tell you. So before you think about leaving me again, you gotta hear what I have to say.

"I love you, Hira."

Hiraku's eyes widened, her heart beating erratically at the words that left Katsuki's mouth. She had never thought she would hear those words come out of his mouth. And to finally hear it only made Hiraku's eyes well up with tears. Her teary eyes widened even more as Katsuki grabbed the back of her head gently, his lips on hers.

And like the books she had read as a kid said, her stomach filled with butterflies. Fireworks erupted on her chest. Her face began to feel warm as her lips tingled with a slight buzz.

She felt like everything in the world was finally right. His lips molded onto hers like a finally completed puzzle piece. It was like her lips were made only for him and nobody else.

She closed her eyes, her tears falling onto Katsuki's face as she hooked her arms on his neck, deepening the kiss. She could feel the boy's smile as he now used both his hands to hold her face gently.

They pulled away, their foreheads still touching as they stared into each others eyes. The kiss was only for a few seconds, but to the both of them it felt like an eternity. And it felt so right.

Katsuki kissed the girl again, pulling away immediately as he said, "I love you."

"I love you too, Kat." Hiraku smiled softly as the boy pulled her into a hug, still being careful to avoid her wounds. "You don't know how happy I am to finally hear you say that."

"Me too," Katsuki mumbled into her hair.

Everything felt perfect for the two. Hiraku was back and she was okay. He had finally told her how he felt. Nothing could ruin the moment.

"Uhmm... I really don't wanna ruin the moment or anything but, " Hiraku started, making Katsuki pull away from her with a scowl, "What overseas mission are you talking about?"

"Huh?! Are you kidding me, woman!? The one that dunce told me you were going to! I'm here to stop you!"

"Ow ow ow!" Hiraku winced as Katsuki grabbed one of her cheeks in annoyance. "But I'm not going on an overseas mission! I'm just going home to change! Why're you stopping me from going home!?"

Katsuki immediately let her cheek go with a dumbfounded look. "Huh?"

"Did you get abandonment issues from missing me or something? You can't just keep me forever, Kat! I mean you can, but not right now!" Hiraku pouted with her arms crossed as Katsuki continued to stare at the ground. "I can't believe you're stopping me from going home, Kat."

"Th--then why didn't you just teleport!?" Katsuki spluttered, trying to stir the conversation away from him.

"Trying to change the subject, I see. Are you embarrassed, Kat?" Hiraku continued to tease her boyfriend as she wiggled her eyebrows at him.

His ears began to burn red from embarrassment, a tick mark forming on his forehead as the girl continued to spout more nonsense about the boy trying to gatekeep her. Katsuki closed his eyes in annoyance as he thought about bashing someone's skull.

'I'm gonna kill that dunce!' Katsuki thought as he clenched his fist in anger.

"Yoohoo! Earth to Katsuki! Did you get lost in your thoughts of me again?" Katsuki scowled as he faced his annoying girlfriend again. "Do you love me that much, Kat?"

"Shut up! You're so annoying!"

"Ow ow ow ow! Katsuki stop pinching my cheeks! I thought you loved me! Ow! Don't pinch it harder!"

...

FINALLYYYYY LMAO Thank you for reading! <3