eighteen

Hiraku was supposed to join All Might in handing out the medals but due to her current problem she couldn't, so she opted to seeing Katsuki after.

"Anytime now." She thought as she stared at her watch. She was standing by the streetlights where they always meet, waiting for Katsuki. Not long after she could see his outline walking towards her.

"Hey," she greeted him when he was about a few meters ahead of her. The boy immediately stopped in his tracks when he saw her.

"Hey."

"Congrats by the way." He looked confused so she gestured at the medal that was on his neck, the boy quickly taking it off with a scowl and placing it in his pockets. "To be fair, if I joined the festival I would be the one wearing that med—"

"Can I ask you something?" Hiraku was cut off from her ramblings as she stared at Katsuki and slowly nodded, preparing herself for the worst. Katsuki took a deep breath as he looked at his shoes. "Why me?"

"Huh?" She looked at the boy confusedly. What did he mean by that?

"I meant why did you choose to run over to me back there? Why not Icyhot?" Hiraku stifled her laughter at the mention of Katsuki's term for Shoto. "What? You got a crush on me or something?"

Hiraku immediately felt her face heat up at the mention of crush. She was glad that Katsuki was looking down or else he'd see the blushing mess that was her.

"I—Well—"

"If you and Icyhot are gonna get married or something why are you leadi—"

"Wait what?" Katsuki raised his head to see the blonde girl furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean what? I saw you with him and his father. I heard you calling his father Oto. That could mean only one thing." Hiraku couldn't believe what Katsuki was saying. Was he being serious? "And Present Mic just announced it. So why are you still he—"

"Wait what? Are you serious?"

"Do I look like I'm joking to you!?" Katsuki got more ticked off when Hiraku started laughing. He approached her and shook her shoulders, trying to get the girl to stop laughing. "Stop laughing and answer me!"

"Oh my—Pfft. You're so funny Kat." She wiped the tear that slipped from her laughing too hard. Katsuki stood impatiently in front of her with his arms crossed. "First of all, ew. Sho as my husband? Ew. No offense to Sho he's a great guy, but totally not husband material. He can't even do basic chores so that's a turn off and besides, marrying him is like incest. He's like a broth—"

"Huh?" Now it was Katsuki's turn to furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"And second, I already like someone else so—" she cleared her throat when she almost spilled the tea(lol) "there's nothing going on between me and Sho. The Todorokis are like family to me." Katsuki couldn't help but curse himself. How could he say those words to her? He was the one who assumed wrong. And besides, she didn't owe him any explanation. He's just a friend."And the person I like is—"

"I have something to say." He cut her off as Hiraku looked at him. "But first, I want you to promise me that you won't hate me after."

"Katsuki," she softly called out as she neared him. "I could never hate you." She held his hands as she smiled at him warmly. Katsuki sharply inhaled at her smile. He thought that she really looked beautiful inside and out no matter what.

"Hira I—" He gulped as he held her hands even tighter without hurting her. "I like you." Hiraku's eyes widened as Katsuki continued talking. "And I don't mean it like as a friend. I really like you. I like like you. And it would mean the world to me if you go out with me."