seventy

Hiraku stared at Endeavor apprehending a hit-and-runner, levitating on one of her portals above. She smiled slyly, seeing the trio just a tad bit slower as Endeavor caught the criminal.

She teleported behind Endeavor and opened a portal for the criminal, saying, "The hit-and-runner has been apprehended!"

"Looks like you three were too slow." Hiraku snickered as she looked at the trio who was feeling annoyed by the No.1 hero's words.

"Buzz off!" Katsuki exclaimed, annoyed. "It just takes me time to warm up in the winter!!!"

Hiraku laughed, lacing an arm around Katsuki and murmuring, "...Sounds like an excuse."

"What did you say..!?"

"Nothing!"

"hey bakugo," Shoto called out, making the duo turn to face him. "did you notice?"

"Are you sayin' there's something you noticed that I didn't!?" Katsuki grit his teeth in anger, placing an arm on Hiraku's waist. "Go on, enlighten me!"

Hiraku smiled and thought, 'Katsuki's so petty! So cute!'

"he was shooting fire from his feet whenever he accelerated–"

"Yeah, I'm not listening to any more speeches!" Hiraku interrupted, pulling away from Katsuki and saying, "I have business to attend to so I'll see you guys later!"

Before Katsuki could say anything more, Hiraku vanished in her portal. The two could only stare at each other as they thought about Hiraku's uncanny ability to be unpredictable.

.

A few hours passed and the No.1 hero--together with the trio--were now standing atop a building having a quick lunch-break.

"Shoto, you're already halfway to achieving both." Endeavor started talking. "First, let's work on focusing your power. Try taking your mental image of shaping your ice, and applying it to your fire.

"Deku, you're already capable of momentarily drawing forth your maximum power."

"Yessir!"

"Can yo–"

"Can you do it subconsciously?" Izuku almost fell from shock if Hiraku had not teleported him back to where he was standing. "Oops, sorry for scarin' ya!"

Izuku held a hand on his chest, trying to calm himself. Hiraku just appeared out of nowhere behind him and Izuku thought he had just fallen to his death.

Endeavor quickly grabbed the girl's head and shook it, saying, "Where the heck have you been, brat?"

"Owieee! That hurts.!" Hiraku pried Endeavor's hand off her head, but to no avail, so she continued talking with Endeavor's hand still gripping her head tightly. "So can you do it subconsciously, Izuku?"

"Ummm... I can with my Full Cowl, but... For my Air Force I still have to think about it." Izuku responded with an awkward smile, not sure how to react on the fact that the No.1 hero was currently gripping the No.3 hero's head tightly.

Hiraku hummed, a finger on her chin, muttering, "I used to think before I created my portals too, but I can't really remember when I started to just do it without thinking."

Endeavor shook his head--letting the girl go--and said, "In that case, your first step will be to learn to use Air Force subconsciously. Forget about your 'secondary ability' for now."

"But... To do that, I need to learn how to think in parallel..." Izuku trailed off, glancing at Hiraku who was now resting her body on a crouching Katsuki.