🤍 Chapter 85 🤍

Before she had even realised it, Kimitsuki found herself travelling five kilometres away from mainland Japan, reminding her of her travel to Nabu Island. But this time around, the destination was Tartarus, located upon an island surrounded by giant walls that gave an atmosphere the direct opposite of what Nabu Island had been before everything had gone down there because of the man that Kimitsuki was currently on a mission to go and visit.

Kimitsuki was not alone – she was accompanied by All Might and the two of them had to go to the high-security prison by car once they had reached the coast, taking the only access toward the prison which was a very long bridge that connected the prison to a nearby city. Many guards stood at the entrance. They were all thoroughly checked before they were allowed inside.

It was almost surreal for Kimitsuki to imagine that she had travelled this far away from the mainland where the daunting 'Bronze Gate' stood. Kimitsuki had always hated the thought of Tartarus, mainly due to the fact that she feared as a child that she might be sent here for murdering her family.

There was an inquiring about Kimitsuki's bandages by the guards and she felt embarrassed upon explaining that the one on her nose was due to her own miscalculation of her Quirk.

Katsuki had been really helpful with the injury but Kimitsuki had now learned that the smaller the object was, the less strength it would take so she needed to be mindful of the strength she placed.

"Are you sure you will be alright?" All Might inquired as he looked toward Kimitsuki. "We can still head back and come back later if you have changed your mind,"

"No, I shall go through this," Kimitsuki replied. "This has to be done someday... why not today?"

It was clear why All Might was worried about her – Tartarus did not have a good atmosphere, even aside from the fact that it was where All for One was currently housed deep within.

Although it was a prison, it was an open secret that it was more of a dumping ground for prisoners who had threatened the civilians to remarkable extent. Kimitsuki bit her lower lip as she passed by the blast doors that lined the narrow, steel-plated hallways.

Regardless of sentencing status, Villains were incarcerated and heavily monitored in Tartarus – individuals with a wide range of Quirks locked within its walls in cells designed effectively for them and divided up among six cell blocks, depending on the danger their Quirks represented and the severity of their cases against the general public.

Effectively, the more dangerous the individual was, the deeper they were kept within the prison. The deepest level of the prison was B10, located 500 meters below sea level.

And it was this location where Kimitsuki and All Might had to travel, to B10, so that they could get the chance to speak with All for One that evening. The prison director and two guards came along.

Weapons hung from the guards as they were allowed to use lethal force if necessary and Kimitsuki tried not to meet eyes with anyone due to the fact that they were aware of her Visual Quirk.

All Might was not allowed to go into the visiting room with Kimitsuki, who shuffled inside by herself, taking a seat in front of the glass window that opened into the opposite room which was currently empty. In front of her sat a small microphone to communicate with the prisoner.

Just like that, as soon as she entered the room, Kimitsuki felt the eyes upon her – she was been observed from another room, she could tell. They had told her it was all going to be recorded, too.

On the other side of the glass was quite a scene – hanging from the ceiling were four automated machineguns pointed toward the seat arranged for the prisoner. It was a daunting sight.