🤍 Chapter 48 🤍

Kimitsuki had went to the I-Island with hopes of having a good time... but unfortunately, things rarely ever went her way, she had learned by now – well, entirely. She had made a new friend, that was one of the biggest silver-lining; Melissa and her had exchanged numbers when the blonde had come to visit her in the hospital with Izuku, and they promised that they would keep in touch even after they had returned to Japan. Kimitsuki was grateful for it.

Izuku had told Kimitsuki that the device had been destroyed when they defeated Wolfram, and quite frankly, Kimitsuki was relieved. He also admitted to her that the tower would've been destroyed had she not used her Flames, and that made Kimitsuki realise just how much more she needed to train her Quirk. And lastly, Izuku wondered why she was being kidnapped.

"I'm not quite sure, either," Kimitsuki admitted as she looked down at her bandaged hands from being scalded by melted metal. She was still sitting in the hospital, waiting to be discharged. "I did... try to ask him why he was doing all this to me but he didn't answer,"

"Maybe it had something to do with your family, Tsuki-Chan?" Izuku asked, extremely concerned. "What if he wanted to kidnap you and hurt you for ransom –?!"

"Izu-Chan, stay calm," Kimitsuki said quickly. "But... you may be right, I will mention this to them and see if there is anything to it,"

It would take a week for Kimitsuki to fully recover from all of her injuries but she was informed she could return to normal activities within two days of discharge. Kimitsuki was grateful of this because she was scared that getting shot would bring long-term impact on her. However, she felt very well by the time she joined Izuku and All Might on the flight back.

Return journey was calm and quiet – both Izuku and All Might had fallen asleep in their chairs and Kimitsuki found herself with ample of time in knitting. As she worked through the stitches, her mind wandered off to everything that had happened that night.

Wolfram had been taken away by the police, and Kimitsuki wondered if he would ever reveal why he wanted to kidnap her. Her eyes fell onto her bandaged thigh and sighs.

The doctors at the I-Island had told her that she was lucky that she was not shot in any sensitive spot – although Kimitsuki had lost a lot of blood. Strangely, they told her that she did good by taking in nitro-glycerine to clear out her breathing but Kimitsuki didn't respond.

Katsuki hadn't come back around to the hospital after that – and while Eijirou mentioned that the ash-blond just slept the entire day, he had still asked about her.

That behaviour was not new to Kimitsuki, and frankly, she was okay with him not coming by to check by himself because she felt like she wouldn't know how to react to him. She still sent her thanks to him through Eijirou. She was genuinely grateful for what he had done – carrying her all the way to the infirmary, setting her shoes down and giving her eyedrops.

"I'm going to sleep the entire day," Kimitsuki mumbled tiredly to Izuku as they were being driven to their homes. "Let's meet tomorrow morning at the park..."

A week went by like that, and before long, the summer camp was upon them.

Kimitsuki had visited her maternal family two days before she was to leave for the undisclosed location. She had mentioned her trip to her grandfather already on the phone and he had assured her that he was looking into it. For the remainder of the day, Tsukitarou had taken Kimitsuki with himself to go and visit Kimihiro at the hospital.

Fujimori came out to talk to Kimitsuki and Tsukitarou this time, and he inquired a lot of personal things from them so he could convey them to Kimihiro. Kimitsuki did not hesitate and informed him whatever that she could to help Kimihiro with memories.