🤍 Chapter 74 🤍

The next few days went by in a torturously slow – all of the students were aware that the adults were working hard behind the scenes to get to the root of the issue but there was barely anything shared with the Work Study students. In fact, all that the teenagers knew was through Kimitsuki.

Aizawa had taken Kimitsuki along to one of these workings: they had gone to the laboratory and inspected the blood samples to see what the Quirk was. Kimitsuki could not fully understand what it was, Eri's Quirk, but she knew that was not something that formed naturally.

Following that day, nothing much came about the secret case. Kimitsuki found herself restless one night, and she got up to go for a walk where Inu-Chan joined her.

It was then that Kimitsuki finally received a text from her uncle, informing her that she needed to come check-in with him the following morning.

"Tsuki-Chan!" came the whisper-shout in the familiar voice of her best friend as Kimitsuki returned to the dormitory. Izuku had rushed downstairs straight from bed. "Did you...?"

"... yes," Kimitsuki replied, knowing that he received the same from Sir Nighteye.

"Did you all get the message?" Eijirou asked as he walked out of the boys' elevator, as well, and the elevator nearby dinged as Ochaco and Tsuyu joined them.

"Yeah,"

"We did,"

There was nothing more to say anymore and Kimitsuki found herself having breakfast in a pace that she had never used with food and she could see Katsuki staring at her from down the table. But there was nothing to say as she rushed to shower and change before heading out.

Kimitsuki, Izuku, Eijirou, Ochaco and Tsuyu found themselves meeting up with the Big Three at Sir Nighteye's Agency where they were all called. Once again, the meeting room at the agency was filled with Pro-Heroes. Sir Nighteye didn't take long to fill them all in with what had happened the past few days and what they had discovered in the meantime.

"Huh?!" Rock Lock exclaimed as soon as Sir Nighteye finished explaining everything and Kimitsuki lowered her gaze as she sat with her uncle. "The Eri girl is in their stronghold?"

"By stronghold, you mean..." Fat Gum began.

"The residence of the head of the Hassaikai..." Ryukyu finished.

"What, so our investigations were for nothing?" Rock Lock asked.

"No, we were able to get new information, as well," Sir Nighteye replied.

"How were you able to confirm this?" Fat Gum questioned in anticipation, and Kimitsuki furrowed her eyebrows as she watched Sir Nighteye pull out a sparkly box titled –

'Gung-Ho! Glitter Squad 10!'

"A member of the Hassaikai went to a nearby department store the other day and bought playthings aimed at young girls," Sir Nighteye informed them and Kimitsuki blinked at him.

"Huh?" Fat Gum said. "What the heck...? Maybe he just likes things like that! There are all types in this world, Nighteye! Anyway, why did you buy one, too?"

"No, he said something that no one who has that sort of hobby would say," Sir Nighteye replied before explaining how the man wasn't aware of when the series of toys changed, how Nighteye had approached the man and managed to use his Quirk to confirm his identity.

"You ended up using Foresight anyway?!" Rock Lock asked.

"I believe I said I would use it once we narrowed it down so that we could be sure," Sir Nighteye responded as Kimitsuki and Tsukitarou shared a look.