🤍 Chapter 52 🤍

Mezo stared at Kimitsuki and Izuku, faintly taken aback from their belief regarding being able to save both and then spoke up, "How are we going to find them if we run blindly through the forest?" Kimitsuki perked up at his acceptance and looked over her shoulder.

"I think I know where to go," Kimitsuki responded. "The trail is down that way and if they are locked in a fight, we would hear Ka-Chan's explosions or Todoroki-Kun's ice,"

Kimitsuki kept her eyes over onto the Dark Shadow as it followed after them, with Mezo carrying both her and Izuku. Her duty was to keep a look out to make sure that they weren't attacked while Izuku kept eyes and ears out for Katsuki and Shoto.

"There!" Izuku shouted just as Kimitsuki guided Mezo to avoid getting crushed by the falling trees and thunderous blasts. "I can see ice! They're in the middle of a fight!"

"Bakugo! Todoroki!" Mexo shouted, trying not to fall. "One of you, please – make some light!"

At that moment, Kimitsuki turned her head around and caught sight of an individual high up in the air, using strange metallic structures to hold himself up. When her eyes focused on him, she realised that those metallic structures were actually blades that were prodding far out of the straitjacket-ed man in the air, which he sent right at them –

"Flesh..."

Raising her hand just in time, Kimitsuki melted the blades down with her Black Flames and the rest of him was taken care of as the Dark Shadow attacked the villain, Moonfish, in the air. She turned her head around to where Katsuki and Shoto were standing, shocked.

"Ka-Chan!" Kimitsuski called out. "Your Explosions!"

"Kuroyanagi, Shoji and Midoriya?" Shoto asked, stunned. "And... Tokoyami?!"

"Make some light!" Kimitsuki informed them. "Tokoyami-Kun's Dark Shadow is out of control right now! He needs light to get his control back to himself!"

"Indiscriminate attacks, huh?" Shoto asked as he set an unconscious Tsuburaba Kosei down. "All right, I'll use my flames..."

"Wait, idiot," Katsuki interjected. "Aren't you too eager when she asks you?" But he was looking up at Dark Shadow as it fought against Moonfish.

"Flesh... Piece of meat," Moonfish groaned and Kimitsuki swallowed, disturbed by the villain. "It's no good... I can't allow it... I'm the only one who's allowed to look at a cross-section of those kids... don't steal them from me...!"

"Don't beg," spoke the Dark Shadow as it attacked the villain, breaking off its blades and throwing him off into the tree behind him. "Small fry! I haven't had enough fun yet!"

"Do it now!" Kimitsuki urged Katsuki and Shoto. "He's knocked out!"

Katsuki and Shoto made their move, jumping up with a great deal of their Quirks and using the light to put an end to Fumikage's plight with the Dark Shadow. Kimitsuki hurried over to check on him as he landed onto the ground and was relieved to see him physically alright.

"I'm a bad match-up for you," Katsuki said as he turned to look over at Fumikage.

"Sorry..." Fumikage breathed. "Thanks for saving me..."

"What's going on, Kuroyanagi?" Shoto asked when Kimitsuki stood up back to her feet, looking toward the two boys. "Where did you come out of?"

"Everything that Mandalay-San said," Kimitsuki replied. "We were looking for you... Ka-Chan, are you okay? You didn't get hurt anywhere, did you?"

Kimitsuki hurried toward the ash-blond, looking at him up and down to make sure that he wasn't hurt – as much as grazed anywhere – but as she fretted over him, he trained his narrowed red eyes on her, as if just realising that she was the one standing in front of him. Before she could get a look around him, he caught her arm and pulled her back.