🤍 Chapter 72 🤍

Before long, the weekend had passed – Kimitsuki and Izuku had both arrived late back to their dormitory and had both dropped onto their beds to rest. It wasn't until the morning that Kimitsuki properly processed what had happened the day before. She could not take Eri out of her head no matter what, and she found herself leaving her morning bath quicker than usual. Even her long jog prior to this had been terrible when it came to mental peace.

Kimitsuki made herself some tea to relax and did some reading in the living room, as she normally did to keep up with everything that was happening in the classroom. She didn't want her Work Study to come between her school studies, deeming them both equally important. She was reading through the book that Present Mic had assigned when she heard the elevator ding.

"Ka-Chan?" Kimitsuki asked when the sound of familiar heavy footsteps reached her ears. She smiled as the blond appeared around the corner and Katsuki looked at her. "Good morning, Ka-Chan! You will be joining us all for classes today, right? I hope you had a good sleep last night,"

"Yeah," Katsuki muttered, still unsure about how he was to talk to the silver-haired girl but decided to respond with a small and quick, "Good morning,"

"I am happy to hear that," Kimitsuki replied. "Would you like some t –" She cut herself off, her eyebrows furrowing as she stared at Katsuki's face. "... you're hurt, Ka-Chan,"

"What?" Katsuki asked before reaching for his cheeks. "It's nothing,"

Ignoring his dismissal of his injuries, Kimitsuki got to her feet and quickly fetched the first-aid. She motioned Katsuki to sit on the chair in front of her, causing him to grunt as if he disliked it but he still sat down, looking up at Kimitsuki when she reached for his face.

"You should not hurt your face so much, you know?" Kimitsuki said disapprovingly as she cleaned his bruises. "I thought I told you that I did not like it when you get hurt,"

"... sorry," Katsuki mumbled, and he seemed to mean it because he relaxed his features enough to focus on putting medicine onto his bruises on his cheeks.

Kimitsuki's touch was soft as always, and Katsuki almost wanted to close his eyes so he could feel it properly but he did not. His cheeks warmed as he looked up at her lilac eyes trained onto his face so intently but Kimitsuki much busier in gently spreading the cream on his skin before reaching out for some bandages, which she clearly applied atop of the bruises.

It was completely quiet between them and when Katsuki looked back at Kimitsuki, he found that she was looking at him the same way that she had looked at him the night when he had gone out to fight with Izuku regarding his secret. It always sent a strange feeling in his chest.

"Please be careful next time," Kimitsuki told him softly and Katsuki felt her hands cup his cheeks into her palms. "I mention it again and again but it really hurts my heart when you are hurt yourself,"

Katsuki did not have anything to say in response because he felt like her words always made his own heart go in some sort of disorder. But Kimitsuki did not seem to mind at all, and she leaned forward to press her lips against his bandages, causing Katsuki to go rigid in surprise.

"Kimi...?" Katsuki asked as Kimitsuki moved back and as their eyes met again, the lilac gaze was soft and the pink lips belonging to the girl were now smiling at him lightly.

"They say that a kiss makes it better," Kimitsuki said thoughtfully. "I never quite got the chance to see whether that was true... so, does it really make it better, Ka-Chan?"

For a moment, Katsuki was at a loss for words as he stared at the girl, feeling his body getting warmer and warmer – yet it was not the same suffocating feeling he got whenever he was about to use his Quirk. Kimitsuki didn't seem to mind it at the very least.