🤍 Chapter 87 🤍

"They want you to tell them about the Quirks in their bodies," Aizawa said. "It's unfortunate that Hood could not be captured but the police still have parts of its body. I cannot accompany you but you will be met up with police there, and possibly Hawks or Endeavor,"

Frowning to herself, Kimitsuki had agreed to head to Kyushu City on a moment's notice. There was no one who could accompany her at that moment but she felt like it was okay for her to go on her own as she now had some confidence in herself as well as a Hero's License.

Kimitsuki landed in Kyushu City, having travelled by air, and expected to be met by police officers. She felt like it would be awkward if she was taken by the police as soon as she arrived in the city but surprisingly, there was someone else waiting for her – Number Two Hero, Hawks.

By now, there had been so many times that Kimitsuki had met Pro-Heroes, and she had even trained with the former top two – All Might and Endeavour – but there was something strange about meeting a Pro-Hero who was so young, so close to their age and yet already Number Two in Japan.

Hawks was a handsome person in real life, just as all the girls in her class had said but Kimitsuki wasn't sure what to make of him. There was one way to describe him: casual and carefree.

And maybe it was due to that young, careless age but Hawks was doing nothing to hide his identity in the airport – he was dressed casual black clothing with his trademark yellow-tinted visor.

There was no way that Kimitsuki was going to catch any attention and she quickly pulled her bangs down, putting on her hat and mask as she hurried over, hoping to be unrecognisable to others.

"Excuse me," Kimitsuki mumbled as she reached Hawks, glancing around to see the coast clear.

"Want an autograph?" Hawks asked. Kimitsuki looked at him with bewilderment even though only her eyes were visible. "We've got to hurry though, I'm here to pick someone up,"

"I am the person you're here to pick up," Kimitsuki informed him almost as if she pitied him.

"You're a highschooler?" Hawks said, taken back and looking right at her feet to see if she was wearing heels, only to find simple shoes. "... they're making them too big these days,"

For a moment, Kimitsuki felt her eyes narrow, believing that he was being inappropriate with her but then realised that he was talking about their heights – Hawks was only about 5'7 while Kimitsuki had already passed the threshold of 5'9¾ a long time ago.

"Um, I suppose," Kimitsuki replied. "My name is Kuroyanagi Kimitsuki, the police had requested for me to come and have a look at the Nomu that were sent... shall we head out?"

"Endeavor-San said you were a quiet girl but you're quite assertive, huh?" Hawks commented and Kimitsuki felt her cheeks turn pink. "I think we should hurry if you've got school tomorrow..."

"I apologise, this is my first time having to travel in order to check on Nomu," Kimitsuki replied. "And seeing the fight live... I was taken aback by the prospect of an intelligent Nomu,"

"Right, you've got plenty of experience with Nomu," Hawks said as the two of them began to walk through the airport. "I heard that the League of Villains is after you as well?"

"Well, um... only one... some of them," Kimitsuki mumbled and it seemed like Hawks realised that she was not very keen on talking about it with him.

"But you're a really good Hero, aren't you?" Hawks said, changing the topic quickly. "There was all about your role in the efforts against the Shie Hassaikai,"

"... um, I was grateful to be worthy of helping the Pro-Heroes in the case," Kimitsuki replied and yet again, Hawks realised that he was picking up a sensitive topic, given Sir Nighteye's fate.