🤍 Chapter 97 🤍

With the unexpected family history out in the open, there was no choice but for them to have a proper discussion about it. Kimitsuki, Izuku and Katsuki sat back down on the table in the Todoroki dining room, with Shoto and Fuyumi across from them. The eldest of them, Fuyumi, explained everything that had happened to their family, including the presence of another brother.

This was news to Kimitsuki, who had known from Shoto's vague mentions that he had a sister and a brother but he had never mentioned a second brother. She remained silent as she listened to what the elder female had to say. She didn't look at Shoto, either, out of privacy.

It was something sorrowful, to lose one's sibling – and more so that you couldn't help. Kimitsuki had Hiro but for majority of her life, she had believed that he had been dead because of her. That was why she felt like she could understand.

"Your Onii-San is...?" trailed off Izuku as he looked toward the pair of Todoroki Siblings.

"Oh, you haven't told Midoriya-Kun, Kuroyanagi-Chan and Bakugo-Kun about Toya-Nii," Fuyumi said, looking toward her youngest brother curiously.

"That's not something I'm going to volunteer," Shoto replied.

And Kimitsuki understood as she had heard from him that he was always kept away from them all. It was hard to think that he would even ever have any memories or emotions toward him that resembled what he felt today.

"Natsu and Toya-Nii were very close," Fuyumi explained. "They played together all the time. It happened soon after Oka-San was hospitalised. Her condition ended up getting even worse. Even Shoto couldn't go see her. But we got past that. Shoto went to visit her,"

That was following the Sports Festival, and Kimitsuki recalled how much that had meant for Shoto. He had sometimes mentioned his mother to her during their Internship, and how it felt for him.

"Our family's been making progress," continued Fuyumi, lowering her deep grey eyes. "Only Natsu... can't let go of his hostility. In his mind, Oto-San killed Toya-Nii,"

"So, that's why he was making that face," Katsuki commented and Kimitsuki looked toward him in surprise but then looked away as well.

Katsuki noticed the despondent expression on her face but did not say anything at the moment. He felt disgruntled and wanted to glare at Shoto for bringing them into this but kept his cool for now.

"Sorry to bring this up so suddenly," Fuyumi apologised.

"There is no need to apologise," insisted Kimitsuki, giving her an empathetic smile. "We understand,"

Suddenly, the door to the dining room opened, and the five of them turned to look at Endeavor, who stood there a little awkwardly – but when he spoke, it was as normal, "It's time for me to take you back to school,"

"Oh, yessir!"

With that, their dinner at the Todoroki household came to an end. They gathered their things and pulled on their jackets and shoes before they followed Endeavor out of the house. Fuyumi came to see them off but no matter how much Kimitsuki wished that she got to speak to Natsuo, he was no longer around.

Outside by the road, Katsuki went straight for the open door of the escorting car while both Kimitsuki and Izuku stuck behind to properly thank Fuyumi and express their gratitude for inviting them over for the dinner that she had prepared on her own.

"Thank you for the meal!" Izuku said very eagerly as he bowed again and again to the elder female. "It was very delicious!"

"Thank you!" replied Fuyumi happily.