🤍 Chapter 83 🤍

The performance had been exhausting yet exhilarating in a way that Kimitsuki had never experienced before – she had quite forgotten how much she had enjoyed singing in her youth. She felt tears in her eyes and they were swept away as Kyoka hugged her, both of them seemingly understanding each other's feelings without having to convey them through words.

Crowds were cheering still and the entire class 1-A had bowed to them for their applause. And as the students cleared out from the audience, Kimitsuki turned to look toward her band's loud drummer. Katsuki looked up just as he saw a flutter of white and Kimitsuki's arms enclosed around him.

Katsuki didn't look at anyone else as Kimitsuki hugged him, and for the most part, no one could get the chance to comment on this action – it was the first time that Kimitsuki had hugged him in public. Mina had just opened her mouth when Eijirou swept her away before she could say anything weird.

"It was so fun to perform with you again, Ka-Chan," Kimitsuki said as she looked at him. "It felt so nice to get the chance to sing again... do you think I did a good job?"

"Of course!" Katsuki replied, his cheeks pink. "We blew them all away! Didn't you see them?"

"I did..." Kimitsuki said. "Thank you, Ka-Chan, I received courage because of you,"

Kimitsuki smiled widely at him and Katsuki stared at her until they were interrupted by Tenya calling out that they needed to clear out the gym immediately as it was a busy location and needed to be used by others right after them. That included Kimitsuki and Katsuki, too.

Before doing that, however, Kimitsuki hurried to go and meet up with Kimihiro and Tsukitarou before they left for the young boy's appointment with the doctor.

"Nee-Chan!" Kimihiro called out, perking up as soon as his eyes fell on his sister heading his way. "Nee-Chan, I enjoyed it so much! Nee-Chan was singing!"

"Hiro-Chan, thank you," Kimitsuki replied, giving him a hug as she fell to her knees in front of him. "I am so happy to hear that... Nee-Chan will do even better next time so you take care of yourself,"

"It really was excellent," Tsukitarou pitched in and Kimitsuki looked up at him. "I am certain that your mother would've enjoyed it as well. She was fond of singing, too,"

Seeing and hearing this from Kimihiro and Tsukitarou had been rather healing for Kimitsuki, and she felt almost sad as she watched them leave. She promised herself that she would be taking this weekend off from studies and go out with them just to spend time with Hiro.

"Kimitsuki-Chan!" called out Mirio, and Kimitsuki turned to look at him. "Good work! You sounded really wonderful up there! I never knew you could sing so well,"

"Togata Senpai, thank you," Kimitsuki replied, bowing in gratitude before looking toward the white-haired child with the blond. "... what did you think, Eri-Chan?"

"You know what, Tsuki-Chan?" Eri spoke up. "At first there was a loud noise and it was scary, but then everyone was hopping with the dance and Tsuki-Chan was singing so nice and then there was a flash and Deku-San went away, but then it got cold and then there was a spinning light and Hiro-Kun said 'wow' and I said 'wow' too..."

While Eri narrated her entire experience, Kimitsuki stared at the young girl in silence, watching the wide smile on her face and the blush on her cheeks as she spoke. Eri fell silent when she noticed that Kimitsuki was looking at her with tears in her eyes.

"... Eri-Chan, I'm happy that you had a wonderful time," Kimitsuki spoke. "I'm so happy..." She held her arms out to the young girl and Eri hugged her quickly.

Things were busy from there onward as Kimitsuki, Katsuki and Shoto were given the responsibility to melt all the Ice that the Todoroki male had constructed for the concert aesthetics. And while Kimitsuki and Katsuki were doing that together, they heard voices of their upperclassmen.