🤍 Two Heroes - 3 🤍

Kimitsuki and Izuku glanced around the place as Melissa led them into a building – it was currently completely empty and it seemed to be an educational institute. And Kimitsuki's judgement was verified when Melissa turned around to look at her and Izuku to inform them of their current whereabouts, "This is the campus of the Academy, where I go to school,"

"And this is the lab that I use," Melissa continued as she typed a passcode to a door to their left and it slid open to reveal the room inside. "Sorry it's so messy,"

"Wow, it looks so professional," Izuku spoke up as he and Kimitsuki looked around the lab, stepping inside after the blonde. "I can't believe you're doing research in a place like this..."

"It is really so wonderful," Kimitsuki agreed, her neck craning around to look at all the equipment to help Melissa out with her work. "I'm almost envious of you, Melissa-San..."

"You don't have to be!" Melissa replied, chuckling. "I'm sure you can do well, too, Kimmy-Chan,"

"Melissa-San, you're really talented," Izuku said, noticing all the trophies on the bookshelf.

"Actually, I wasn't getting very good grades," Melissa answered, a bit sheepish as she walked into an adjacent storage room to pick something out from the cabinets. "That's why I studied really hard. It's because I wanted to become a Hero no matter what,"

"A Pro-Hero?" Izuku asked.

"No, I gave that up early," Melissa replied. "I'm Quirkless, after all," Kimitsuki turned around to look at her as Izuku's eyes widened. "I'm sure Kimmy-Chan noticed?"

"Yes," Kimitsuki confessed. "But... it wasn't my place to say,"

"It's alright, Kimmy-Chan," Melissa said, still looking around. "I didn't have a Quirk even after I turned five, so I was taken to a doctor. I was told that I was the type that would never get a Quirk,"

"S-Sorry..." Izuku muttered and Kimitsuki frowned at him. "I'm... I'm sorry..."

"Hm?" Melissa asked as she walked out of the storage room and saw the looks on the faces of the two teenagers outside. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, nothing..." Izuku replied. "It's just, to be told that you didn't have what everyone around you had naturally... Tsuki-Chan and I don't see that very often anymore..."

"Of course, I was shocked," Melissa confessed, carrying a small box in her palms over to the two of them. "But I had a goal that was close to me,"

"A goal?" Kimitsuki repeated, intrigued.

"My Papa," Melissa answered, looking toward the bookshelf where an array of photo frames sat. "Papa didn't have a Quirk that would let him be a Hero, but he supports Uncle Might and other Heroes with the power of science. It's indirect, but he is fighting for peace,"

"That is an admirable passion," Kimitsuki admitted. "To be someone who helps others, even if it is Heroes and living through them to protect others,"

"Thank you, Kimmy-Chan," Melissa replied. "That's the way I hope to become a Hero," She opened the box in her hand. "I made this support item before while watching Uncle Might,"

"Watching All Might?" Izuku asked as Melissa took a red bracelet-like object out and put it on his right hand, the one that had been injured so long ago.

"Try pressing this panel," Melissa encouraged, pointing it on the bracelet.

"This is..." Izuku gasped as he pressed onto the panel and the bracelet expanded to cover the entirety of his forearm with the red metal.