🤍 Chapter 86 🤍

When Kimitsuki woke up the following morning, she was not surprised by several things that had overnight – one that she had gotten over her fever and second that the pillow that Katsuki had so insistently placed between them was now gone, entrusted to the carpeted floor where Neko-Chan had randomly made a home sometime during the night, glaring up at the blond mass on the bed.

For while Katsuki had not restrained Kimitsuki against the wall this time, but thrown his entire self on top of her, pressing her down against the bed instead. Kimitsuki laid straight, her cheeks flaming red as she felt the extent of how much Katsuki had nestled into her during the depth of his sleep.

Katsuki's head was set right next to hers but he had held her down with his arm across her abdomen and his leg across hers, half of his own body on top of her as he laid on his stomach with her.

Although she had been thoroughly embarrassed the first time it had happened, it was not as so this time around. Kimitsuki had accepted this fate when she saw him put that pillow down in the middle.

Instead of that embarrassment, it felt strangely comforting this time around – Kimitsuki had never slept with anyone in this way with anyone but she realised now how warm it felt in the winter months, to embrace someone under the heavy covers as they laid in a soft bed.

And so, Kimitsuki allowed herself to remain laying there, closing her eyes and letting out a soft sigh. But as she began to think about everything that had happened the previous day, sleep was difficult.

Taking full advantage of his time with her, All for One had rattled her and even though Kimitsuki had thought she was tougher than this, she suffered the aftermath. She sighed once again, feeling rather exhausted, and it seemed like she had sighed a bit too loudly this time around.

For the ash-blond mass on her shifted a little, and as Kimitsuki glanced toward him, she found her meeting eyes with his red ones. Everything seemed to still itself at that moment.

Silence was heavy between Kimitsuki and Katsuki as they stared at each other in the meagre light of the room. It was clear that he was still half-asleep because he did not make a fuss and be all that sort of 'Tsundere' again with her. She didn't say anything to break that stupor either.

"... sleep a little longer," Kimitsuki whispered at last, hoping that he would stay in bed so that they could continue to lay together like this. "It is still rather early in the morning..."

"What are you sighing so loudly for?" Katsuki questioned in response and Kimitsuki flushed pink, knowing that it was her who had awoken him. "Can't breathe?"

"Huh?" Kimitsuki asked before realising he was talking about laying halfway atop of her. "N-No, I'm alright... you don't have to move if you don't want to..."

Hoping that she didn't sound very desperate, Kimitsuki smiled weakly at him. Katsuki continued to stare at her face before closing his eyes, stuffing his face back where it had been earlier.

Kimitsuki was relieved as she got comfortable again, hoping to go to sleep again. It seemed to come a bit easier now, simply by talking to Katsuki, and she set her head closer to his as she fell asleep.

It was a couple hours later hat Kimitsuki woke up again, and she yawned lightly, feeling much better rested now. She turned her head to see that Katsuki was still in bed with her. His eyes were open and it appeared that he had been awake for quite some time now.

"... Ka-Chan...?" Kimitsuki asked as she met eyes with him and she watched them re-focus.

Katsuki had not realised how long he had been up now but when he had woken up, it was Kimitsuki who had curled up to him as if she was feeling cold even under the blankets. He had tried to check her temperature but realised that he had no idea how he was supposed to do that.