🤍 Chapter 67 🤍

The night following the Provisional Exam was an eventful one for Kimitsuki, and she felt like she had barely slept a wink before the sun peeked out from beyond the horizon. She had tossed and turned on her bed, embarrassed about what had happened between her and Katsuki. Yet, on the other hand, she had found herself smiling that he had opened up to her.

Katsuki had shown her some of his tears and opened his thoughts out to her on his own accord, even if prompted by his emotional state. She had allowed him to soak her shoulder however long that he wanted, and he had until he calmed down enough for her to ask him to go to bed.

It had been almost a relief that none of them had been intruded upon. Kimitsuki felt that it was a very intimate moment, to see Katsuki like that. She wanted him to stay open to her.

Kimitsuki looked herself in the mirror to make sure that she was dressed properly in her uniform before giving her pet animals their food. She bid them goodbye before taking her school bag and heading out of her room, closing the door quietly behind her.

Everyone else seemed to be still asleep but Kimitsuki didn't mind it as she took the elevator down to the ground floor. But she did sigh when she saw that Izuku and Katsuki weren't there.

"Are they still sleeping?" Kimitsuki mumbled as she set her bag onto the table. "Do they want to get scolded by Aizawa Sensei again?" She took the boys' elevator to first floor. "... really, those two,"

Izuku's room was the first one and Kimitsuki knocked on his door quietly, hoping that Minoru wouldn't appear out of his room to frustrate her so early in the morning. It took Izuku a moment but the boy opened the door. Kimitsuki saw his sleepy condition.

"Good morning, Izu-Chan," Kimitsuki greeted, amused by his ruffled curly green hair. "I apologise for waking you up but you need to come downstairs to start with your cleaning,"

"Oh, right!" Izuku exclaimed as all sleep escaped him. "I almost forgot about that! I'll be down in about five minutes and –! Good morning, Tsuki-Chan!"

Chuckling at how cute he was, Kimitsuki left at it and returned to the elevator so she could go two floors above to where Katsuki was. She liked this floor because aside from Katsuki, it only held Eijirou and Mezo – and among them, Mezo was always cordial and Eijirou was kind.

Unlike Izuku, Katsuki did not open the door when she knocked, and instead, he grunted about it being open. Kimitsuki shrugged it off, although she wondered if he was okay.

"Ka-Chan?" Kimitsuki asked as she opened the door, stepping inside to look for him in the dark. "It's me, Kimitsuki – could you please turn on your lamp for me?"

There was a click and Kimitsuki smiled when it illuminated where Katsuki was laying on his bed. She walked closer to him, looking down at him to make sure that he was okay.

"Good morning, Ka-Chan," Kimitsuki greeted him lightly, her bright smile making Katsuki avert his eyes from her lips. "Are you doing alright? Sorry about waking you up,"

"You didn't wake me up," Katsuki muttered, unable to meet eyes with her after what had happened last night. He felt the back of his neck turning increasingly warm. "I was already up,"

"Ah," Kimitsuki said, eyebrows furrowed. "You're not sick, are you?" She reached out to put her hand onto his forehead gently, feeling it. "You do seem warm..."

"I'm not sick," Katsuki replied, knowing fully well why it was warm.

"Are you sure?" Kimitsuki asked and Katsuki nodded. "Okay..." She reached to take her hand away from his face when he caught it. "Ka-Chan? Is everything okay?"