🤍 Chapter 25 🤍

Kimitsuki kept running but her jaw was hanging open, trying to wrap her mind around what Izuku was doing. It seemed like he had taken a piece of the inferno robots from earlier, gathered landmines and then flung himself onto them with the metal to make them explode and help him fly over the field right to the edge, just like how Katsuki usually did. They were both inspired by him.

Izuku was now practically surfboarding right over the heads of all the people in the landmine region and Kimitsuki could see that he had a big chance of surpassing her and getting the first position. She tried to speed up even more but she knew that she was at a limit with her strength, now, too.

Katsuki and Shoto were still fighting over their second position rather than coming after her first position and Kimitsuki didn't know whether to be amused or annoyed by their behaviour.

Were they not taking her seriously?

"Actually, Midoriya has taken over the second position!" Present Mic shouted. "He's now in hot pursuit for Kuroyanagi's position! Run, Kuroyanagi, run!"

"Deku!" Katsuki growled angrily as he finally let go of fighting with Shoto and used his Explosive Quirk to fly into the air, chasing behind Izuku to pass him. "Don't go ahead of me!"

Shoto also decided to give up playing around and froze the ground beneath him to give him a safe pathway toward the other side, not quite caring if it also made it easier for those who were coming after them. Kimitsuki let out a yelp when she realised that they were no longer that far from her.

"Todoroki and Bakugo have stopped trying to slow each other down and are chasing Midoriya!" Present Mic announced. "Now that they have a common enemy, they've stopped fighting! The fight's not over yet, though!"

"What are you saying?" Aizawa muttered. "There's still Kuroyanagi in the lead,"

"Both of them need to be impartial," Kimitsuki mumbled to herself as she clutched her hands into fists and tried to keep running. "This is going to hurt a lot tomorrow..."

When Kimitsuki looked back over her shoulder, she saw that Izuku's trajectory was slowing down while Katsuki and Shoto were back to being shoulder-to-shoulder on the ground. Izuku was about to crash into the ground but spun around in the air and swung the metallic shield down.

It slammed onto the ground and blew up even more landmines, causing another great pink blast that sent both Katsuki and Shoto askew while Izuku flew and landed on the ground ahead of her.

Kimitsuki was shocked as she whipped around to look ahead and saw Izuku about a yard ahead.

"Midoriya swiftly blocks those behind him!" Present Mic exclaimed. "Would you believe it? He cleared the minefield in an instant! He has even surpassed Kuroyanagi to take the lead!"

With Izuku in the lead, Kimitsuki knew she wouldn't able to speed herself further and decided to preserve herself in the second place. There was no way she was going to lose this to either Katsuki or Shoto. She could hear them chasing after her and Izuku, and she held on as she continued on.

"Midoriya in the lead and Kuroyanagi now in second!" Present Mic announced. "Todoroki and Bakugo aren't that far behind! Eraser Head, your class is amazing! What're you teaching them?!"

"I didn't do anything," Aizawa replied calmly. "They got each other fired up on their own,"

Finally – Izuku, Kimitsuki, Katsuki and Shoto broke out of the landmine region, and Kimitsuki vanished her shield and sped up once the pain dissipated. She chased after Izuku as the four of them entered the corridor that would lead them back into the Sports Festival arena.