🤍 Chapter 44 🤍

Match 1: Sato Rikido & Kirishima Eijirou VS Cementoss:

"For this exam, we'll definitely get a higher score by capturing rather than running, right?" Eijirou was saying to Rikido as the two of them went running down the road in the city structure.

"I think so," Rikido replied.

Kimitsuki stood in the monitor room, mostly concentrating on their lips from whatever camera she could to see what they were talking about. After spending so much time with them, she was well-aware with the way her friends talked, and after over a year of practising her Visual Quirk, it was very easy for Kimitsuki to read lips.

On the road in the monitors where Eijirou and Rikido were heading, Cementoss raised the ground up as a wall while the two of them were distracted, and they almost ran into it – but they caught themselves just in the moment and jumped back at the ready.

"Cementoss Sensei moves slowly," Eijirou spoke and Kimitsuki nodded to herself. "Let's break through from the front and aim for a high score!"

"All right!" Rikido responded, taking in some sugar which would make him five times as strong for three minutes, which was a Quirk that Kimitsuki found really intriguing.

It's almost a shame she couldn't use

her Visual Quirk through monitors.

"You came from the front after all, huh?" Cementoss commented as he watched the two students come rushing at him. He pressed his hands onto the ground and raised several walls of cement, just as Kimitsuki, and the rest of them had expected.

"Let's go, Sato!" Eijirou exclaimed.

"All right!" Rikido responded.

The pair of them worked well in the sense that their destructive strength could easily tear and pummel through the endless array of cement walls. But Kimitsuki was concerned because she knew that they exhausted themselves far quicker than their opponent, and just as Kimitsuki expected, Cementoss hadn't exhausted himself even an inch further.

"You can do it, Kirishima-Kun, Sato-Kun!" Ochaco cheered in the monitor room.

"They won't win at this rate," Izuku said. "Kirishima-Kun and Sato-Kun's Quirks are amazing, but there's a limit to how long they can use them. On the other hand, I don't think Cementoss Sensei has that. The more time passes, the more of a disadvantage Kirishima-Kun and Sato-Kun will be at,"

"No way..." Ochaco said, trailing off.

"Izu-Chan's correct," Kimitsuki said politely. "Aizawa Sensei... correctly and carefully arranged these match-ups – the practical exam is designed to put students against teachers they'll very much struggle against. Kirishima-Kun and Rikido-Kun work with their brute strength, and against the Cement Hero, they need to work smarter than harder,"

"That's exactly right," Chiyo spoke up. "Before your own turns come around, you should think carefully about your compatibility with the teacher you'll fight,"

"Yes..." Kimitsuki agreed, knowing that Aizawa must've worked hard on this and she looked back at the monitors, looking for the two students.

"This is never ending, man!" Eijirou exclaimed as he continued to smash through the walls. "No matter how many I break, they just keep coming!"

"I'm sleepy..." Rikido muttered, stopping his fight. "I'm tired..."

"Hey, keep trying!" Eijirou.