🤍 Chapter 23 🤍

The U. A. Sports Festival was to be held in two weeks. It was also going to be broadcasted live on the television. Of course, that meant that those who would do well have a much better chance of becoming Pro-Heroes. The festival itself was going to be a surprise as no one would know what the events they'll be participating in until the day of. But everyone was working hard from day one.

Well, everyone but Kimitsuki – whose ribs and legs were killing her every time she attempted to do more than a jog with them. As such, the day number one of her training was spent trying not to cry and soldier through her pain as she joined Izuku for an evening run along the Dagoba Beach.

"Are you okay, Tsuki-Chan?" Izuku asked for the umpteenth time as he tried to keep a pace with the lagging white-haired girl. "You should rest if you're hurting! It'll get worse if you continue with this!"

"This is okay enough!" Kimitsuki grunted, wiping the sweat off of her forehead. "Recovery Girl suggested that I exercise well to get back on my feet properly. I'm sure I'll be fine in a week,"

"I think you're going to get worse," Izuku admitted in concern as he watched the girl throw some medicinal candies into her mouth. "You're taking a lot of medicines, aren't you? You're not –"

"I'm in my right mind, Izu-Chan," Kimitsuki insisted. "Come on, let's go – race you to the pier over there by the edge of the cliff, come on!"

Aizawa wasn't as relaxing when it came to the situation that Kimitsuki had brought on herself.

"This is all the more reason for you to learn how to work this capture weapon," Aizawa told the girl as he stood in front of her with his scarf. "Individuals with Quirks like ourselves must adapt,"

"Yes, Sensei," Kimitsuki replied quietly, her Quirk activated as she kept an eye on Aizawa's movements so she could memorise them and copy them. "I'll be careful from now," She looked at him uncertainly. "Sensei... I don't think I'm going to use my sword or my scarf at the festival,"

"You don't sound very certain about that," Aizawa responded, eying her sudden strange declaration. "Are you going to be a one-trick pony now? You should send in a petition for at least one of those. You can't rely on just your eye Quirk – there are students with Quirks that will counter you easily,"

"I know," Kimitsuki replied. "But I'm going to look rely on my Quirk!" She looked at him eagerly. "I've been practising well. It's a bit difficult to keep a hold on it at times but I'm better now,"

"Whatever you decide is up to you," Aizawa droned. "But I need you to pay attention to what I'm trying to teach you here. I don't want any slacking off in any case," Kimitsuki nodded quickly.

"Yes, Sensei," Kimitsuki answered, getting back into her stance so she could show off what she had just watched Aizawa attempt. "I'll do my very best,"

It took a week for Kimitsuki to completely recover from her injuries.

Of course, it wasn't an ideal situation but Kimitsuki was relieved when the bandages came off – at least she wasn't walking around as mummified as Aizawa was. The Nomu had really screwed them.

The rest of the class was having a better time with practises. Kimitsuki could hear Katsuki using his Explosive Quirk not far from where she practised with Aizawa at the school's forested area. Izuku and her were reutilising the Dagoba Municipal Park Beach for their training sessions.

Among her other friends, Tenya was working on his speed in the school P. E. Grounds while Ochaco was working on her Gravity and Mina on her acid in the U. S. J. Ruin Zone with Yuga and Eijirou. Tsuyu was using the indoor pools while Mezo and Toru were hitting the school gym. Hanta and Mashirao had taken over Ground Beta while Koji and Rikido also used the forest.