🤍 Chapter 36 🤍

Two days later, it was time to return to the normality of school, and Kimitsuki was looking forward to it as she had missed all her friends a lot. Izuku and her had met through the two holidays and watched all the Sports Festival on TV, and re-watched their own matches. Kimitsuki had hoped to meet Katsuki, too but she knew that he would only get more upset over his first place if she made him some food for treat – and she didn't want to upset him.

It had been raining all day today and Kimitsuki had left for school a bit late because she had to help clear out the street for the traffic that would pass, knowing that it would only make more of a mess if she didn't; there would jam-packs and even more mess by the cars and pedestrians. She hoped nothing more would build up while she was away at school.

Kimitsuki headed to school with Izuku, and they had caught the same late train – and unfortunately, they had to travel with office workers, all of whom could not help about notice the pair of very familiar teenagers from the first day of U.A Sports Festival.

"Midoriya and Kuroyanagi from Hero Class!"

Everyone had turned to look at them and Kimitsuki as instinctually turned red, trying to hide her face away with her long white bangs, pretending to be buy scrolling around on her phone, and she cursed the fact that she left her earphones at home that morning.

"Good job at the Sports Festival!" said one of the men, giving them a thumbs-up when they glanced at him. "You two were both so close!"

"Midoriya was in the Top Eight and Kuroyanagi in Top Four, right?" asked another man and Kimitsuki felt like she could evaporate on the spot with the attention.

"You both were so cool!" exclaimed a lady eagerly from nearby. "You look like a doll, just like your mother, Kuroyanagi-Chan! I was a really big fan of your mother!"

"He's smaller than I expected," commentated a man. "He reminds me of when I was young,"

"Yeah, it's like he's trying really hard," said yet another woman. "It's always nice to see people who work hard like and are really sweet about like her, isn't it?"

"Do your best, heroes!"

"W-we will..."

Finally, the pair of them arrived to their destination and quickly filed out of the train station, only to find out that it was still raining profusely, prompting them to open their umbrellas as they stepped out to the grey atmosphere of the city outskirts.

"I don't like how gloomy it is," Kimitsuki said, frowning at the sky beyond her purple umbrella. "It keeps on raining... I hope it wouldn't trouble people,"

"I can't believe people keep recognising us," Izuku said, bashful, trying to hide his face with his own umbrella. "It's really stressful, isn't it? I can't believe it!"

"We all worked really well," Kimitsuki admitted. "And we put a good show for everyone... come on, let's hurry or it might get a bit late for us if we get caught again,"

"Good morning,
Midoriya-Kun and Kuroyanagi-Kun!"

Both Kimitsuki and Izuku turned around to see that it was none other than Iida Tenya, marching down the pavement rapidly, his arms moving – but the two childhood friends were distracted and stunned by the get-up he was in.

"P-poncho?" Izuku asked.

"With rain boots...?" Kimitsuki inquired.

"Why are you two walking so slowly?" Tenya questioned as he reached the pair, and then he ran off in front of them. "You're going to be late! Kuroyanagi-Kun, you must hurry as a Vice Rep!"