🤍 Chapter 43 🤍

Kimitsuki took her lunch at the Lunch Rush's Eatery and walked over to join her table that she took with Izuku, Tenya and Ochaco, and she was pleased to see that Shoto and Tsuyu were joining them that day. She smiled as she took a seat with Izuku – she was always open to having lunch with her classmates since all of them were very interesting people.

"Itadakimasu!"

"The practical exam, huh?" Izuku spoke up as everyone began to eat their lunch. Kimitsuki looked up from her tray to find a very thoughtful but concerned look on his face at the idea. "It's kind of scary since I can't tell what will be on it,"

"I don't think it'll be anything crazy," Tenya said.

"The written exam questions will come from what we study in class," Izuku went on. "So, I should be able to manage somehow, but..."

"You can manage, huh?" Ochaco said, who had herself come 14th in the class rankings for the midterm examinations, and Kimitsuki knew she was concerned.

"Seriously, what'll we have to do for the practical exam?" Izuku thought out loud as he chewed on his food. Kimitsuki swallowed her food before speaking.

"Izu-Chan, you might choke if you talk while eating," Kimitsuki informed him. "Aizawa Sensei said that the exams will be a comprehensive test of everything from the first semester. However, we must not completely forget everything we learned in this semester, too,"

"Yes," Tsuyu agreed. "That's all Aizawa Sensei would tell us..."

"Everything we did so far..." Ochaco spoke thoughtfully. "So, combat training and rescue training, and then basic training..."

"In addition to studying," Izuku said. "We'll have to keep in good physical conditio –" He was cut off when someone suddenly rammed their tray into his head.

"Izu-Chan!" Kimitsuki gasped.

"Oh, sorry," spoke around Monoma Neito. "Your head was so big that I accidentally hit it,"

"You're from Class B..." Izuku said. "Um... Monoma-Kun! How dare you –"

"I heard you guys met the hero killer," Neito interjected. "Just like at the sports festival, you guys in Class A just have to have all the attention, huh? But that attention isn't because people have high hopes for you. It's because you keep attracting trouble, right? Oh, that's scary. Someday, the rest of us might also be caught up in the trouble you bring and become victims as well... like getting cursed by the god of pestilence! Oh, that's sca –"

"Monoma-Kun, that's rude," Kimitsuki spoke up as she stood up from her chair, not very happy with the tangent the boy was going off on. "I don't want to report your behaviour,"

Neito, Kimitsuki realised, was the same height as her at the moment, and as she met eyes with his periwinkle pair, he seemed to have gone into shock. She had barely begun to concern herself if she had pulled him into a Genjutsu when there was a loud noise –

"Kendo-San!" Kimitsuki gasped.

For Kendo Itsuka had appeared out of seemingly nowhere, and taking advantage of Neito's rigidness, smacked the blond on the back of his neck, knocking him out clean.

"Monoma, that's not funny," Itsuka told the unconscious boy, grabbing the fallen blond's tray before it crashed. "Don't you know what happened to Iida?"

"Kendo-San... is that alright to do?" Kimitsuki asked, concerned.

"Sorry, Class A, and to you, Kuroyanagi," Itsuka said. "This guy's heart's just kinda, you know,"