56.

Daire's pov-

I stand outside my old home for the longest time. I wanted to knock I really did. But the fear of my own mother was stopping me from doing so. 

I feared nothing but that blonde hair, blue-eyed woman. I can meet the scariest person in the world and no one can compare to my fear for the woman that birthed me. I have horrible nightmares about those blue eyes that match mine so well. And for that reason only I was praying that my baby didn't have the eyes that haunt me every day. 

"Daire?"

I turn around to see Alfred and Xander standing on the stairs with bags in their hands. I try to smile at Alfred the only person other than my sisters to show me kindness. 

"What are you doing here?" Alfred asked walking past me. I gulp as I watch him unlock the door. "I came here to see Colby," I said playing with my rings. "Gravity told me she had a present for me," I said. Alfred turns to me for a second before walking inside the house. Both Xander and I follow behind him. 

"You've seen Gravity?" He asked walking over into the kitchen and passing the rowdy dogs. 

"Yeah I ran into her at a restaurant, apparently she's engaged now," I mumble playing with the peeling paint on the counter. Alfred nods his head and smiles. "Yep met some rich man a few months ago and he propose like a month ago," He said. "Coffee?" He asked.

I nod my head and walk over to the couch. "How is Hayes," I asked sitting down. 

"He's better," Alfred said pouring the coffee into the cup. "He and Amy with to Australia for a little bit to get away," He said walking over to me. I smile and take the mug from his hands. He sits down beside me and pats my back. "How's life going for you, Frost?" He asked taking out a cigarette. I take a long sip from the coffee before responding. "I'm going to be a dad," I said.

"Yo whiteboy, you've gotta give us a warning before you just throw that out," Xander said walking over to us with a sandwich in his hands. "Yeah, my girlfriend is pregnant," I said playing with my hands. "She's about 20 or so weeks along," I mumble avoiding their brown eyes. 

"Well congratulations, Frost," Alfred said rubbing my shoulder. 

I smile and take a sip from my coffee. "Where is Colby," I asked looking around. Xander swallows his sandwich and smiles wickedly at me. "She's with Janice and she'll be back soon," He said ruffling my hair. "Don't worry whiteboy, nothing will happen to you," He said before walking to the back rooms. 

My hands start to shake but I try to hide them in my pockets. I try to smile up at Alfred but fail so I just look down at my shoes. My legs start to bounce uncontrollably and I start to sweat. I lick my chap lips and start to rub my hands together. 

"I c-can't wait to see Colby," I told Alfred. 

Alfred nods and stands up. 

"Hey boys," I said to the dogs as they jump up at me. I scratch one's back and hug the other. "It's so good to see you again," I said rubbing one's neck. Even after 7 years I still couldn't tell the two dogs apart. They both were light brown with white stomachs and paws. I think Alfred was the only person that could tell the two dogs apart. That's why no one but Alfred called them by their names. If I'm being honest I couldn't remember what their names were.

I hear keys start to jiggle and I turn to face the grey door to the apartment. 

"Ugh, I fucking hate that soccer coach," Janice groaned as she stepped into the house. "I mean mind your fucking business," She said as she removes her sneakers from her feet. "Like damn get a fucking life and control that damn predator husband of yours."