42.

I was busy eating my lunch alone today since Daire had lunch detention when Ashlynn came up to me. She sits down across from me. She grins and I grin back. "Hey, Willow," She said as she looks over my lunch. "Bologna sandwich?" She asked picking up the ziplock bag. I nod my head and bite into my pineapple. 

"Where's your boyfriend?" She asked as she placed my sandwich back down. I swallow my pineapple before speaking. "He has lunch detention," I said. Ashlynn nods her head before turning and looking around. I nibble on my pineapple wanting to get out of this awkward situation. 

"I like your outfit, you look like Daire a little bit," She said as she looks over my clothes.

I place my hand on my growing stomach. I purposely wore these large clothes to cover my stomach. I wasn't really ready to reveal my pregnancy. So I stole Carter's jacket and wore my oversize jeans. 

"And those jeans where did you get them?" She asked. I blush and bite my lip. "My older brother was actually shopping at a thrift shop and found these jeans. And he thought they were boy jeans until he realized they weren't so he gave them to me." 

Ashlynn nods and looks at the jeans. "I don't shop at thrift stores but if they sell clothes like these I should." 

I nod my head excitedly. "That's what I said about two years ago and now most of my clothes come from there," I said as I bit into my sandwich. "I feel there is a woman in her 40s that sell her old teenage clothes to the thrift store and were specifically made for me," I said bouncing in my seat. Ashlynn giggles and runs her hand through her strawberry blond hair. "You're pretty cool Willow," She said shaking her head. I blush and smile broadly at my knees. "Thank you." 

We talk for the rest of lunch about our childhood. I also learned that Ashlynn's parents weren't married anymore. Her mother and father have been divorced for a few years now and she currently lived with her mother. She saw her father whenever she could but it was hard since he traveled a lot. But other than not seeing her father as much as she wants to she had a pretty good childhood. She professionally rides horses and competes in her free time. She said her father had bought her two different horses named Butters and Nia both mustangs. And she promise I could go to her dad's horse ranch one day. 

"Ash," A boy with glasses and wearing the school's jacket puts his hand on her shoulder. Ashlynn looks up and smiles admiringly at the boy. "Cody," She said with so much love in her voice. It's the kind of voice I use whenever I see Daire after not seeing him for a while. "Come on I want to walk you to class," He said looking at his watch. She smiles at him and glances back at me. "I'll see you later okay, Willow," She said standing up. The boy Cody picks up her bag and smiles at her. "Bye," I said grabbing my trash. She loops her arm with Cody and they smile at each other before walking away. 

I stand up and walk towards the trash and throw it away. 

As I was walking away I felt someone pull on my jacket. I turn and look at the person and my eyes widen. "Lonnie?" I said backing away from her a bit. She looks at me with a blank face. I couldn't help but admire her beauty. She wore a black spaghetti noodle crop top and high-waisted jean shorts and a cardigan. Her black hair was pulled into a messy bun and she wore no make-up showing off her freckles. "Hey, Willow," She said with so much hatred in her voice. 

"I-uh-Hi-I," I stutter as I step back even more. She grins at me. "It's been a while," She said looking me over. "You know I will never forget how you stole my soulmate from me," Lonnie said tightening her grip on her backpack strap. I play with the zipper of my jacket with nervousness. "I-." Words couldn't form from fear as I stared back at Lonnie who look as if she would rip my eyes out at any second. She steps closer to me and grabs my jacket and pulled me towards her. I wrap my arms around my body in a protective matter once I see the true hatred she had for me. "I fucking hate you so much," She gritted through clenched teeth. She digs her fingernail into my exposed shoulder which I knew would leave marks.

She was about to say something when suddenly she was yanked away from me. 

"Get the fuck away from her," Daire said to Lonnie who stared amazingly up at him. Daire looks back at her with disgust. "Daire Frost," She said breathlessly. Daire shoves Lonnie away making her fall on her hands and knees. I gasp and step back. I wrap my arms even tighter around my torso. Lonnie looks back at us with tears in her eyes. "Why don't you love, what's so good about the virgin Mary," She said. She stands up and puts her hair in a tight ponytail. She wipes her eyes with the back of her hand. "Why can't you see that she's in the way blocking you from our love," She yells getting the attention of more people than were already staring at us.

Daire looks at her in disbelief. "You're fucking delusional," He said shaking his head. Lonnie laughs and stares down at Daire. "Why can't you see me and you belong together." She screams. Daire turns to her and wraps his hand tightly around her neck. 

"Get it in your fucking head Lonnie we aren't meant to be together, we will never be together and you're a fucking psychopath." He said his face turning red with anger as his grasp tighten on Lonnie's neck. 

Lonnie gasped and clawed at his hand. Her face was turning blue and her eyes started watering. 

"Oh my god, Lonnie," Amber said running over to Lonnie and Daire. She pushes on Daire trying to get him to let go of her. "Let go, oh god," She said pushing on Daire's chest. "You're going to kill her," She sobs trying her best to get Daire to let her go. 

"Darry, stop, please," I yelled from behind them. 

Daire looks back at me with eyes filled with rage. He studies me for a second and his eyes soften when he sees me place my hands on my stomach as tears flow down my cheeks. I sniffle as he looks at me and tries to smile even though it was hard to in these circumstances. 

He inhales heavily before dropping Lonnie to the ground. "A whole fucking bitch," He mumbles before walking over to and gripping my forearm and pulling me away. 

He pulls me all the way out of school towards the bleachers. He sits me down and then sits next to me. He runs his hand through his now messy brown hair. He starts bouncing his leg uncontrollably. He rubs his jaw and looks anywhere but me. "I-fuck," He yells and stands up, and starts pacing around. 

I bite my lip and watch him trying to stop my hands from shaking. 

"Daire," I say. He stops pacing and looks at me. I look at him with teary eyes. "Please talk to me," I said holding my hand out. He looks at my hand for a second before taking it. He sits next to me and cups my face. "I'm sorry, Willow, did you see how she was looking at you?" He asked. I bite my quivering lip and nod my head. "She looked as if she was ready to jump you at any given moment, Bud," He said tucking some hair behind my ear. "I was scared for you and the baby." He said placing our foreheads together. "I'm so sorry, baby." He kisses my lips and I kiss him back. 

I run my hand through his hair and smile at him. "I'm not mad at you Darry," I tell him. "I was just scared for her life and yours," I sniffled. He grins and wipes my teary eyes. "You could have killed her and went to jail and I don't know what I would do without you, Darry." He looks down at my lap then his eyes travel down to my stomach. "I wouldn't have seen my baby grow up," He mumbles. His eyes start to tear up. "But she could have fucking hurt you, you're lucky I got there just in time. I'm so glad I left out that class when I did, Willow." 

I smile at him and run my hand through his hair. "I love you, Daire Mohammad Frost," I said kissing his knuckles. 

"I love you too, Willow Harlow Aburn," He said leaning his head against mine.