4.

I was sitting at lunch in my usual seat in the back enjoying my Turkey sandwich when my least favorite person arrived.

"Willow, omg I love your sweater," Amber said as she sat in front of me. Her two minions snickered as they followed suit. 

Amber's luscious blonde hair was done in a cute straight with bouncy curls. She wore a light pink turtle neck sweater and a white mini skirt. She wore her beautiful smile on her face which I knew was fake. 

"So I was wondering if you're going to my party this Saturday? I would love for you to come babes." She said chewing on a baby carrot. 

"Oh my god, but what is she going to wear," Lonnie one of my childhood friends said snickering to Amber. Amber gasps and looks me over. "I mean you can't wear that, tsk tsk tsk." The pair giggle at each other. "I mean she can always wear something else from her lovely closet," Ashlynn her other friend said. Amber laughs out loud. "Like what a trash bag that's probably the only good thing there."

I look down at my outfit which I thought was nice. Then look back at theirs and clearly see I was wrong. I tearfully take a bite of my sandwich. 

"Maybe you should lay off on the turkey sandwiches your gaining weight," Amber said standing and leaving with jer minions following behind her.

I place my sandwich down and push it away I had completely lost my appetite.

"Little Female," A voice from a few meters away from me called out. 

I wipe my teary eyes with my sleeve hurriedly before taking some deep breaths and turning around to greet the person. 

Daire grins at me as he sits down. "Hey Little female what are you eating," He asked looking over my lunch that consisted of a turkey sandwich, apple slices, Cheezit crackers, and gummy bears as my treat. I also had some water in my metal unicorn bottle. 

But the apple slice was gone as well as the gummy bears and half the sandwich. Everything else had been untouched by me. 

He takes the ziplock bag feel of Cheezit and begins munching on them. 

He looks at me and must have noticed my sad eyes because he begins stroking my black hair that was in two french braids. "You okay bud?" He asked tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear. He leans in and looks into my eyes intensely. 

And that simple action made me burst into tears. 

Tears start falling out of my eyes and I couldn't control them. I cover my face with my small hands and my sweater was getting soaked by my salty tears. I was sobbing at this point and couldn't stop hiccuping. "I-I'm sorry it's just t-that I h-had a bad d-day and girls were m-making fun of me and i-it really b-bothers me," I said wrapping my arms around my torso. 

Suddenly I'm pulled into a chest. I stop sobbing for a second too shocked by the action. But I couldn't stop hiccuping and sniffling. But he seemed to not mind my tears wetting his t-shirt. He rubs my back hesitantly like this was a foreign feeling to him. He wipes my tears away with the pad of his thumb and grabs my cheeks and pulls my face away from him and looks into my eyes.  "Hey, bud it's okay what are the girls' names?" 

"I-uh I-Amber Wallace, Lonnie Harper, and Ashlynn Richardson," I said wiping the tears away from my eyes. 

Daire grins that didn't reach his hard eyes. He squeezes my hip with his large hands. "Don't worry bud," He said playing with the end of my braids. "I'll make them pay," He said smiling at me. 

I didn't know what he meant but only smiled at him. 

At the end of the day, I was waiting outside alone by myself for daddy. Levi was at one of his math team practice. He was studying with them and he couldn't wait with me since the math team didn't end until 5:00.